Reviews for Once He Used to Smile
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Oh, and yes, full of meaning, too! This fic tells us a lot of things about life, as well. So yeah. Again, great job on this fic!
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Aw, poor Ash... No more smile? Well, guess not; Pikachu practically meant everything to him! But perhaps hope isn't lost yet. Here's Misty... Misty! Yes. All will be well, after all. Especially now... So she understands not only because she's been through the same with her parents, but because she knows Ash's heart (indeed, she does) and can read him like an open book!

So true, though. Parting is also a part of life. Sad but very true.

Great one shot.
Aiselne Phoenix Nocturnus chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
Such a sad story. I liked the original twist you did on Pikachu’s death scenario, having the mouse die after fetching water for its sick master. It’s almost as though Pikachu indirectly sacrificed itself for Ash, which was very noble and fitting for the Pokemon. Naturally, Ash must find a way to move on with his life, which is how Misty comes into the picture to help. I have to admit that I’m glad Misty’s role was for “comfort,” instead of “romance.” Considering Ash’s state, it would have been cliche and idealistic if he and Misty “fell in love” during a story like this. Thus, it was a wise choice on your behalf to keep the Pokeshipping on a milder, more believable scale. Ash’s emotional rollercoaster was genuine drama/angst, well written and very sad. Safe to say, this is another great story of yours!
Geny35 chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Ash die? or they were talking about pikachu at the end?
nr 25 peter chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
beautiful story,sad yes but, beautiful
Kat chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
Very 's sick, and I don't know why, but I just can't get enough of Ash or Pikachu based tragedyfics.
LadyKatieKay chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
nicely written
Katie chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
What a sad story…

I often wondered what Ash’s reaction would be to the death of Pikachu, while Ash was still young.

Misty really does complete Ash in this story.

She has the words; no one else has, to make him feel whole after such a tragedy.

Wonderful job
Diana chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
What a sad story, it almost made me cry. Keep up the good work .
lost spirit chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
this was a great one 's sad that pikachu died but ash will get over it thanks to misty.
AnimeOnna chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
goddamnit to HELL, that was effing SAD! *tearcrysob*
April chapter 1 . 4/10/2005
this story is the best! it is great! I love this story! but did you realy have to kill pikachu?
Chaos-Paladin chapter 1 . 3/16/2005
all i can say is...wow! you really went out of your way for this fic, i have seen many angsty fics, but this one stands out quite well, i give it a 8.5/10 for originailty! next is accuracy, they werent too far from character, but you probably could have done a bit more with this fic, but not that much more since you have covered alot, so 8/10, plot quaility is solid, yet it has a weird feel too it, but it definetly made alot of sense, so 6/10, still good, but could be a higher caliber, next is style. excellent style you had going. i liked it, plus you took out some cliched stuff and threw in original content, so 8.5/10 for style. last is realisim. this seems really realistic and even made some sense. i could see this happen on the tv show(of course, not as brutal), so 9/10 for realisim. so here are the standings

originality - 8.5/10

accuracy - 8/10

quality- 6/10

style - 8.5/10

realisim - 9/10

overall 6.92/10

Very good content, i like the way you think things out! good job!
Hooraytio chapter 1 . 11/4/2004
I liked it im gonna add it to my favs. and you too!
someone who does not exist chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
that fic too sad other than that it good