Reviews for Seravine
Seven Positions chapter 9 . 12/27/2005
Christ. You cannot stop it there.

I started reading this a couple months ago when this last chapter wasn't up and didn't review, and for awhile I couldn't find it again. I nearly had a fatal heart attack as a result of my joy when I was looking through the M-rated fics and found Seravine.

Your writing is absolutely beautiful. There's the right amount of description, not too much dialogue, and the style is perfect. I have to wonder if Kratos is going to pop up here somewhere along the line, as he's my favorite and you cared to dedicate a paragraph to him somewhere in there. The angst- the angst!- is amazing. All the right things are going on here. Love it!
Rioes chapter 9 . 11/26/2005
All I can say is wow. Read this some time ago and forgot to review.

You have crafted a very dark story here from a very light and fluffy source. And you made it work! Looking forward to the next chapter.
FireEdge chapter 9 . 7/23/2005
Yeah, I'm a sucker for history. It's my favourite course in school, so it was obvious that I'd fall for your deep complex plot there. Wow, one more chapter to go? I never thought I'd actually see the end of this story! Haha, I'm kidding!

Once again (or did I just mention this now?) I must congradulate you on your wonderful descriptions! I love how you describe the surroundings, everything seems more alive that way. And how you wrote Lloyd's thoughts and feelings was great! I could almost imagine myself walking in his shoes. I also enjoyed how you made Lloyd remind himself of how he used to be (his "old" personality). Oh yes, you did a good job with building the suspense!

That dream(?) sequence was ingenius. The part with Anna was wonderful, and a lot of things (that I can remember) make sense now. As for your ending... NO! Cliffhanger! Great, now I'm going to wondering what happens next. Haha, anyway, try and get your next chapter up sometime before next year! Good luck until then.

Oh yes, about your completely unrelated note: I'm not really crazy about Harry Potter, so I haven't even bothered to read Half-Blood Prince yet :P.
Im that one guy chapter 9 . 7/21/2005
...Wow... Your story has turned the happy, bright, and cheery story of Tales of Symphonia into something that might have been co-authored by Edgar Allen Poe and Stephen King. Congrats!

Your story is as good as always. A lot of suspense, and an interesting turn of events. Lloyd on the verge of losing his mind coupled with Sheena's possession promise an interesting final (aw man!) chapter. Your vocab is as good as ever and thanks for the tip; rereading the Storyteller conversation helped. All in all, a very morbid, very entertaining chapter. I can understand the cliffhanger but I still hate it, so update soon!

P.S. I enjoyed The Half-Blood Prince (though I don't like how Harry's dropping school and Dumbledore's dead). What dissapointed you?
Forubear chapter 9 . 7/20/2005
Wow, just wow. It is an amazing chapter, really, and with a few exceptions for typos, it is perfect. I am currently at a loss of words as of now, so I'll just leave it as it is, but please update soon.

PS: you moved the rating back?
The Unknown Warrior 11 chapter 9 . 7/20/2005
Crap, this is just getting too good. I like the way you have the dream (if that's what it is) or the Seravine's intervention with the mirror (is this in the Shadow Temple?) and the way that you ended it off with the whole "half the group is dead" thing. Are they dead? Will Lloyd have to defeat Nebilim in a fight? Will he use the Nebilim to do it? Will Shadow show up? I hope so. Please update soon (before 07, preferably) and keep up the excellent work.

... I hope this ends up Colloyd, but it's looking less and less likely... but oh well.
callan chapter 9 . 7/20/2005
chapter 9, hhmm. this chapter was i wud say one of the best chapters and did u say thta the next was the last if that is so then it will prove to be the best chapter out of the lot.. keep ur the good work..
callan chapter 8 . 7/18/2005
omg this story is the best one that is probalby on this site! i just cant wait untill you write chapter 9! and good luck with it
Phoenixfire1389 chapter 8 . 6/20/2005
GAH! *tears out hair* You're not just going to leave it at htis, are you?

Please, update sometime BEFORE 2007. Seriously.
LuxDragon chapter 8 . 5/21/2005
This is getting good.

The ending reminds of Prince of Persia, Warrior Within also... damn, I love that game.
Guest chapter 8 . 4/3/2005
goodness matt darling that's rather creepy. I'm definitely a fan of Collete, but she was somewhat disturbing! fabulous. don't take so long for the next chapter : )
FireEdge chapter 8 . 3/26/2005
I apologize again for taking so long to review! But I'm here now, so it's all good, right? Hehe...

This chapter was very well done. I must say that I loved the way you worked out Seravine's history! I love complex stories and theories such as the one you have created. Great job with that! Wow, Colette, or whatever possessed Colette, is scary. But it all fit in with your story. And I like the somewhat of a love triangle you have there. I'm a sucker for romance. :) Anyway, I'm intrigued to know what's going to happen next to Lloyd, so I hope your next update is sometimes in 2005!
David chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
I am a friend of Matt(Obsidian Ideals) and know him from our school. I have just read the first chapter after glancing at some of his other work and, while I know nothing about Tales of Symphonia, I must say that this is exactly how he always writes. The grammar is superb, imagery excellent, and the details imaginative. I look forward to reading more when I have the time.
Forubear chapter 8 . 3/14/2005
Glad to see you back with the living _. Sorry to hear about your dog, and hopefully, everything will be better. This chapter is unique, really, because of how you characterize everyone, Lloyd in particular. The mysterious sense that I get from earlier chapters seem to have dissipated, and in some way, all have become clearer, not just plot wise, but also writing wise, if you understand what I am saying. There's also this new found determination in Lloyd, something pretty much like his old self, which contrast with the previous chapters. This installment is great, really, and I enjoyed reading every part of it. I hope that the next update won't take as long.
Im that one guy chapter 8 . 3/14/2005
Leave nasty remarks? I'll try:

Geez! Where have you been? I was beginning to think you got hit by a car or something. And how did you're dog die? Did you behead him? Your dark -no- BLACK story makes me not put it past you. (sorry if that was going too far)

With that taken care of...

Your story is as well written as ever. I'm patient so I'll read this until it's finished. You do seem to love decription. I'm glad that the title finally makes sense and the jewel links to the Devil's Arms sidequest. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that whoever "defeated" Richard was in Mithos' group. The disappearence of the party is a very interesting plot twist and the characters are believable, though much darker. I'm anxious to see what happens so please update before Christmas. I'll be waiting.

P.S. Sorry my review is so long and unorganized.

P.P.S. Sorry I apologize as much as Colette.