Reviews for Nienna's Weeping
Lysana chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
Thanks for writing this! It really seems to express a lot of how Nienna would feel. I especially like this part:

"Elbereth, Yavanna – let the Children worship them

They bring light and life for them to rejoice and be glad

My task is be where tragedy cannot be stemmed"

It shows her compassion in wanting people to be -happy- even beyond her wish to comfort those who are suffering, which seems like more of a last resort when happiness fails.

Your last line really makes me feel like you understand Nienna very well. Great job exploring her character with this poem!

-Lysana
Comet Wong chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
I love this poem...I believe it does speak about the reason why Nienna is called the weeping goddess, and the goddess aquainted with grief. I myself am writing a fic with her as one of the characters...Do you mind if I borrow this poem? I will of course credit your good work if you allow me...please? (",)
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
Loved this as well. Nienna is my favorite Valar and I think you've captured something of her spirit in this. Good work.
Tinuviel-luthien chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
Nice poetry! I'm glad someone wrote about Nienna, the Valar seem to get forgotten sometimes...I loved the ending, the last line was really powerful.
Elfique chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
nicely put, i loved the sympathy and empathy line *thumbs up*
shukuchi chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
"Autumn leaves dying, the failing of a star

I am here to walk with you in the shadows you cannot leave

For Nienna am I, and it is because of love that I grieve"

I love that ending! This is a very sad and beautiful poem, especially since you haven't written any recently. Your rhythm and use of words has improved to be even better! Write more poetry!
LuthienLuin chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
I am very flattered that I helped inspire this! Nienna is very kind but often misunderstood - this poem I'm sure will change that! But she has a hidden spot in LOTR that references all the time Olorin/Gandalf spent with her - when Gandalf says "I will not say: do not weep, for not all tears are an evil". I love how you brught this into the poem and developed it. I also loved the second to last stanza; I actually wrote a poem with this theme on FictionPress called 'As They Fall', if you're interested. Great job again.