Reviews for Disposable Lives
Rena chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
No, please don't give it up. I hope you continue, it would be a shame to waste a good beginning that already has me looking for the next posting. If you could further develop this character and relate their story while bringing in how others reacted to manticore burning it would be nice. Either way i am sure to check back!
Rena chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
Hidden Relevance chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
wow.. this was very well done.. for some reason ffn decided NOT to give me my author alert.. but i found this by accident.. this is going to be a very cool glimpse into thier lives.. cant' wait
Ueshiba chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
I'm sure you're good at designing web pages, but isn't it good to have two things to be good at? Cuz you are definitely good at writing too. Keep up the good work! Peace.
StrawPeople chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
your descriptions are really amazing. In a way I could see everything take place even more clearly than watching it in Designate This. Hope you update it and don't give up!
Elfie chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
Wow, really interesting idea, and very descriptive. If Tinga wasn't dead, the description of Manticore as a castle of an evil king would have made me think it was her. The way you wrote it also gives a sense of the character's shock and lassitude in the face of Manticore and the fire. You don't just tell us, e.g. "I can only stand in frozen horror", you also imply it, e.g. "For a moment I wonder if this child-soldier will take the chaos surrounding her as an opportunity to flee her prison" - standing there wondering rather than acting.

I think you should expand on this character if you are going to write more, the motivation for going back would be fascinating - why then, why at all? And what happens after? The X5 had steeled him/herself to go back, and had that taken away from him/her.

Really good - please do write more!
Amberglass chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
I really liked this story, I think it would be better if they remained nameless and then you could let your own mind run wild with the possibilties of who it is. I don't know that's just my opinion. Please update soon, this story is wonderful.
error444 chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
i think this is funky!

highly orginal and cause for a whole nother series.. i say.. both of your ideas sound greeat.. maybe do different points of views and have them meet or something?

well, hope you continue! i loved it!

N
b l a c k r o s e 9 chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
for me, that was Zack talking. The characters voice was so militaristic and presice and descriptive. i adore that fact that it was an 09 X5 who had decided to turn themselves in only to have Manticore burn to the groud- if i was an 09 X5, knowning my luck, that'd happen to me. this was awesome sorrow- its great to have you writting again. keep it comin!
Designation chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
Ah, dude, it turned out totally awesome!

You have wonderful and colourful description skills, and you've used them to paint a somber and awesome scene.

Keep up the good work! Kick yourself into keeping up the good work! :P

-Kel