Reviews for Change of Heart
0Rosina0 chapter 22 . 8/8/2011
"It is strange, is it not, Harry? That the wizarding world can arrange for instantaneous transport of people, but not of written words, whilst the muggle world is exactly the opposite."

I've read this story before, a long time ago. So, on a whim, I decided to reread it. Sadly, I haven't recognized much. However, the line that

I copied above has stuck with me since I read this story years ago. It's one idea that I now think of often when reading fanfiction, and I guess that I have you to thank for that. I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that it was in this fanfiction.

Anyways, thank-you for writing such an insightful line. :D Thant's really all that this review is about. XD
q.thews chapter 40 . 8/22/2010
Nice end of a nice story, the search end scene was good.

Thank you.

q.thews chapter 30 . 8/8/2010
Before the plot would escalate toward the end i want to say that i'm really liking this story.

It has so much plausible and intelligent ideas, and love the little details, like the "teaching spells" the approach to apparition, a couple of almost believable OC and many more.

q.thews chapter 2 . 8/3/2010
The hippogriff flight and Tonks reaction are two great ideas.

Selene Appia chapter 40 . 7/1/2010
Nice. It's sad that you didn't continue it.
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Nice start. I like your writing style. I gather that Tonks isn't pining for remus in this story. I couldn't work out who the T was in the HT combination in your synopsis...I kept on trying to think of female students. I wonder how far the HT goes.
Phil Boswell chapter 40 . 9/24/2009
I really liked that, and find myself wishing you'd managed to write a sequel.

Given that you wrote this in 2004, you managed some really impressive predictions. It would have been interesting to see what you came up with next ;-)
bowlfullofcherries chapter 9 . 3/9/2009
i dunno what to say 'bout this. i tried years ago to read this but couldn't get through the pairings. now, i barely can. still. it's good to read something out of the comfort zone every now and agai, i think. keeps me aware and alert.

yeah. so. thanks for the read.
Why am I in this hand-basket chapter 14 . 2/4/2009
Up to this point the story has been interesting. Mary Sue's aside, though, some of the characterizations being pushed are getting annoying. Especially in this chapter.

'Out of Character' is just something you expect in fanfic, but when the characters are ALMOST correct but are flawed at a basic level, the impression is that the author just doesn't know the characters. Harry and Ginny are the best examples here. A Harry that turns evil and kills people is OOC, but it is so obvious that there is no question that the author did this intentionally. Same goes for a Ginny that is just out to marry and murder Harry. In the case of this story, most things are right, but there are major flaws that glare and beg the question: is the author intentionally altering the character for some reason, or do they just not know the characters well enough to separate the characters from themselves?

The biggest problem in this chapter with regard to OOC, in my opinion, was with the search around the green houses. Harry's smile and enjoyment of Ginny taking charge of situation is very much out of character for him, and her doing it is out of character for her as well. If it is something where there is time to think or plan, like talking to Sirius in OoTP, then the expectation is that she could and would indeed take a leading role. Like the twins, she is sneaky. But in a tactical situation, action/reaction, like looking around the green houses was, Harry is most inclined to take charge and be in charge. Even back in the first year when the trio meet Fluffy, Hermione had the smarts to get them in the door, but before that, durring that, and after that (the trip back to the common room) Harry was the 'leader'. He took charge. As long as it was tactical and not strategic.

I had noted earlier in the story elements like this. The most noticable before now was actually the Twins. They are generally fearless, even if they have to take a hit (like the age line, or even putting up with Molly's ranting). Before, I figured it didn't matter because they would be completely peripheral to the story and making them cowards added comic relief. With this chapter, however, it's obviously moved to the main charcters as well and that does not bode well for the rest of the story.

Still, there is some hope. I shall continue reading because even with imperfections like OOC and the flying Sue's there are some interesting things in this story.

Let me leave with this. I know how hard it is to write and the amount of work put into any story, much less one of this length, is staggering. As a reader I thank you for all that hard work. With that said, however, some authors have said about 'negative' reviews, "If you don't like it, don't read it! Don't just complain about it!" I would remind any who read this that readers also invest time with a story, and if they spend quite a lot of time getting far into a story only to have the author 'betray' them somehow, it is not unreasonable for the reader to express their feelings on the matter. Especially when public criticism is both allowed and called for. (Of course doing so repeatedly is really uncalled for.)

Hope my comments have helped and not hurt. Even if only for another story.
Marj chapter 40 . 1/12/2009
I very much enjoyed your story. Thank you very much.
Thornclaw18 chapter 40 . 3/4/2008
Dangit! I thought it was never going to happen! Well, thank you for the great read, I truly did enjoy it. You're very good at drawing things out, you know? It seems to me that you were gearing up for another year with all the stuff about nundus and Voldy's new schemes, but that seems to have fallen through with the advent of the sixth book several years ago. Well, enjoy life, and I thank you again for the wonderful read.
Rocky235 chapter 40 . 12/2/2007
Outstanding!

Again, I'd like to thank you for sharing your work.

You had so many funny moments. Making Hermione pay double to the owl for delivering her newspaper in the rain was great. As an example.

I hope you return to HP writing one day.
Rocky235 chapter 36 . 12/1/2007
"He appeared to have about half his teeth left, though none of them met. They looked like moss covered tombstones."

I have a neighbor with a few teeth like that. You'd think that with only 5 teeth he be able to take care of them better. I mean, how hard is it to floss 5 teeth?

Your story reminds me of a rollercoaster. A really sad chapter followed by a battle chapter followed by a happy one followed by a sad one followed by...

All good though.
Rocky235 chapter 33 . 12/1/2007
"...a supply of flies had been arranged for Colin, who was, not surprisingly, feeling somewhat low."

‘Ribbit!’

Those scenes with the Creevys were superb.

Your story gets better and better with each chapter.
Rocky235 chapter 29 . 11/30/2007
Harry is still in Dean's shadow. Bummer. I expect to see some changes this next chapter.

I'll be tilting at windmills until then.