Reviews for A Father's Concern
Starry Pink chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
A lovely story. :) This makes me wonder how worried Thranduil must have been for Legolas during his time with the Fellowship.

There's some nice foreshadowing here, and I like that Thranduil accepts, albeit grudgingly, that he can't stop his son from doing what wants to do when he becomes an adult. I think it's a sign of great character and respect that he's able to do that.

It makes me happy that you portray the king as a loving and caring father. Most fanfic writers depict him as someone who's cold and/or abusive, and I don't believe that he is. In my mind he's strict, yet warm-hearted, at times unable to give Legolas as much attention as he would like due to the demands of running a kingdom. However, he never forgets about his son and is always there for him when it counts. You've written him as I imagine him to be.

Thank you for writing this story. I enjoyed it very much!
Martiny the one and only still chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
To many storys by you! must keep reading, somehow!
ConfuzzledAtLife chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Wow. Once again, you write like a real parent. You don't have kids, do you?

I'm kind of struggling with myself that this is really the last story, or the last LOTR story of yours. I might try reading your earlier ones, but I don't know ANYTHING on the original stories, so any feedback I give wouldn't really be very legitimate. How can it be the last one? It's just not possible!

I recognize Balardoron! Hooray for me! He's been in several stories so far... hehe, CAL pays attention!

I so totally can't blame Legolas for hating maths. I hate it too. I doubt there is a single story on this website that has a character that was not already determined by the original author to love maths loving maths (if that makes sense) because we're basically all language lovers. That's what I really love about this website.

I also recognized Thranduil's feelings over Legolas leaving from anoher story! Hooray! Lol.

I can't believe this is the last one. Who knew that by picking up a 63 chapter fanfiction to read, I'd actually end up reading a hella lot more that 63 chapters? And then be waiting on baited breath for any more work in the future that will come from you? Don't stop writing, whatever you do.

A little off topic, what's your opinion on the idea of having a Hobbit 2 movie? And the director? Personally, I REALLY hope they don't stuff it up. If they do, it'll be SUCH a disappointment for me in particular, since I was too young to see the LOTR movies in the cinema when they came out, and I've been ruing that fact ever since. I also have my suspisions (sp?) that Peter Jackson will end up directing it anyway. I kind of hope he does... but GDT might do a good job, too, I guess. Orlando said in several interviews after ROTK came out that if asked again he wouldn't return as Legolas, but then more recently he's been saying that he'd love to. I REALLY hope he does. He was perfectly cast, and besides, who can shoot an arrow better than him? An Olympic archer even said in an interview that Orlando Bloom was the best archer in movies. Apparently one of his training things was that someone would throw a paper plate in the air, then he'd shoot an arrow straight through the middle! How amazing is that? He should go to the Olympics too! Sorry, crazy Orlando fangirl here and not ashamed to admit it. If he doesn't pick up his bow again, I will personally steal it from whatever second rate actor who get cast as Legolas and shoot Orlando in the heart. Sorry. Rant over.
ShaolinQueen chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
Such a sweet story. I love this father concern and his realtionship with the young elf!
PastaSentient chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
Good Job! Your grammar and flow was nearly perfect! The story was enrapturing as well. Keep writing please?
Kadasa-Mori chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Yet again, another wonderful story! I luv your one-shots! Keep up the awesome work!
yllom21 chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
Nice job! Thranduil worries to much, don't you agree?
washow chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
Another touching story with wonderful interactions between Legolas and Thranduil. Good job.
dracademented chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
If I begged long enough and hard enough, would you ever consider writing another part to this that shows Thranduil's thoughts right after Legolas leaves on the Quest? Please?
ak-stinger chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
Great story - I like it when Thranduil's a loving father. He knows Legolas even better than either one of them realize. Your characterization of young Legolas is fantastic too; I can see that elfling growing up into the Legolas that joins the fellowship.
Sadie chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
Wow. Really full of good feelings. You write very well. I love reading everything you write. Congratulations.
Gozilla chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
Great story! Well done! -
Barbara Kennedy chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
That was a lovely scene of a father's concern for his son's future.

I like these little introspective moments in the lives of our favorite characters.
aknightofni chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
This was very interesting. You're writing is great!
Khayla chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
very good... I liked how this represented Thranduil as a typical, worrying father instead of as a cold, harsh king like most people often protray him. It reflected pretty much what all parents go through with their kids, but added a well-placed touch of fantasy to it. Very good, I like it a lot. Good job.