Reviews for The Farewell
Eleve Osirian chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
very well written. You captured the spirit of the two through your text and descriptions. I enjoyed it. You have a perfect balance of description and length, combining to make a great oneshot. Overall, I couldn't really find anything wrong.

One point, that I'm glad you mentioned, is that if she went into the West, Elrond would see her again, and I'm glad you didn't forget that important bit of info. :)

-Kiaga
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
so sweet... i imagined something like this, but your words brought forth a vivid image. i love her words, "When the way was dark and I thought the dawn was lost forever, you showed me again the light of the stars. You mended my fragile heart, and brought me back from despair."

Celebrian's words seem to have roots in Frodo's-do u think not? "i can see them with my waking eyes" and Elrond's "let me bear away my love for you" to Arwen.

i also like, "When the darkness seems endless, cast your eyes to the ocean and remember me, my love." the last paragraph is so vivid in it's description-i love it.

very good
NinielB chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
this is very good... please write more