Reviews for Uninvited
Kingsdaughter613 chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Canon, as I recall, specifies that Feanor will not until Dagor Dagorath. Nothing is said of his sons, though I believe they are released eventually. Great story. It was really well written and I enjoyed it very much.
Sasheenka chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
I liked it! I've always wondered how the souls communicate in Mandos, I like your approach. Also, the scene where you described how Maedhros dealt with the elf who told him Fingon has already been buried is very powerful!
Oshun chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
I adored this story. You capture them both so well. Memorable line for me: "He can feel his father's smile. He knows what that smile will be like. Rare, amused, impatient. Quite, quite beautiful. FĂ«anor is like that."
Lady Almaren chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
I definately enjoyed this fic. Feanor is my favorite character in the Silmarillion. I liked how you didn't portray him as some raving lunatic.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
"Canon does not specify if Feanor, or his sons, ever left Mandos."

For Feanor it does. "And his likeness has never again appeared in Arda, neither has his spirit left the Halls of Mandos."

Anyway . . . oh my. Beautiful descriptions - "his voice like mithril melting with steel," for one. The portrayal of Feanor is right on, although it seems he has his sanity back.
BanbieBunny chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
Interesting. I think you protrayed Feanor very well. And I always imagined him passing on his pride to Maedhros. It seemed right.
Naz chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
I loved it. You write so elegantly. Will there be more Silmarillion fics in the future?
Itarille chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
The writing is beautiful, and Feanor is marvellous. This is a lovely story and an interesting portrayal of Mandos.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
wow. i never pictured Mandos like that. i like how u portrayed both Maedhros and Feanor, with "Still, there is no use in dwelling on actions not undertaken. Maedhros always knew that." and Feanor's pride, even in death, but he's not as insane now.. the old nicknames, the memories of his first sword, they add to the haunted sense of hte past.

most of all, i love, "Maglor was singing. I made him sing the same song to me for years after that, before I went into a battle. I remember you, your hands," which shows that Maedhros thought of, and missed his father over the years. and any mention of Maglor is good 4 me.. ::sigh:: dreams about him::
Vana Tuivana chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
Wonderful! I especially love your characterizarion of Feanor through Maedhros' "eyes," though he has no sense but sound with which to rediscover his father. Beautiful work! I think this story is my newest favorite.
Arthien1188 chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
I loved this. It's great. The emotions, your discription of Mandos...fabulous. In response to your author's note, The Silmarillion acutally does state that Feanor never left Mandos. I just went to go find the book to give you the quote, but I can't find my copy. :( But I'm possitive that it states that Feanor was never reborn. Anyway, great story; very well-crafted, I thought. I don't suppose you plan on writing more?
Noldo chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
What can I say? Everything about this story was simply sublime.

I particularly like your characterisation of Feanor. He seems very believable.
LuthienLuin chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
I'm speechless. I loved everything about it, especially your rendition of Feanor. All I can say is I'm adding to faves!
Squirrel on the Edge chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
I love your characterization of Feanor. He's so ... Feanor. Also, I liked how you included the things they would've done had they not been in Mandos and disembodied.
Bejai chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
The mad smith has been shouting at you from the bathtub again, I take it ;) Such an odd muse to have, my friend. I never could get my head around Feanor. Or Maedhros. Loved the story, though. So very much like father and son, pushing one another, wanting approval from one another, understanding one another better than anyone else could. I also enjoyed the glimpse into Mandos, and the brilliant way you describe a formless place.