Reviews for Reliance
ArtemisPrime chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
What makes any fanfic terrific is the ability to capture the essence of every character. Your story has more than done so. The plot is extraordinarily developed, the characters are more than true to form and the language is completely Firefly/Wedonesque. This is a creative and electrifying story. I anticipate more stories from you as you have talent with words. Bravo to you!
Perri Smith chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
Ouch. Owies all the way through, the more so because the characterization is so excellent. The occasional jump from plot point to plot point was a little disconcerting, but it usually smoothed out, and the ending was quite good. I loved your Mal and your River.
Unanon chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
I'm astonished this doesn't have more reviews. The voices in this story ring true, and the dust of Icarus has the flavor of the television series. Clever use of the planet's name, by the way.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. Thank you.
Eliann chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
Superb! Couldn't put it down. Excellent plot and above all, the language is perfect! Mal's stream of consciousness comes through very vividly this way; there is no doubt about whose POV this is. Also, I especially loved the implication of this little gem: "She wasn't his. She'd only been renting space."

One of the best stories I've read.
havenward chapter 1 . 8/19/2004
I haven't read the whole of it yet, just up to the part where Mal (since it seems to be from his perspective, at least) starts thinking about when Simon first came aboard, but I wanted to comment since I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back to it.

Its very well done. Your phraseology and imagry does the series a great justice, and is similar to the speed and flow of the show. I can't wait to finish it. As a sidenote, it may be better to break it down into chapters here on , just to break it down a bit and not get lost if you have to leave the story and come back. Its not important though. Kudos.
Kymaera chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
But you didn't... they didn't. ::pouts:: She came back, and it was written so well it could have been an episode, but you didn't progress the relationships at all. I mean, she came back, and Mal did some thinking, and what not, so that's good. ::sighs;:

It was really, really amazing.

Can you write a follow up where they admit their feelings for each other and kiss? Please? That's all I want. Just one kiss.

Great job.
Wayward Explorer chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
Wow.

I've just sat here spellbound and read the entire thing start to end. I can't begin to commend you on how great this story was: everything from expression and imagery to word choice and characterisation. And to top it off, you had great formatting, which is no small thing, esp. here at . Thanks for a great tale, a marvel, really. As someone else said, it reads like an unshot episode. Writers like you and the stories you tell are always good for the morale fanfic community - you make it obvious that excellent fanfic is definately possible, even if you can't always expect it. Many, many thanks, and I hope to be reading more of your work soon.

Best Wishes...
Kasey chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
Oh, this is absolutely lovely! True to the characters, which is not seen as often as I'd like in fics. Wonderful job.
Harrigan chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
Breathtaking! So I have no voice left to tell you how marvelous this is! But bless you for creating it and sharing it!
ThatGirlIsabel chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
I laughed, I cried, I went, "Wow." You've captured Mal perfectly, effortlessly- it was as though I was watching the magic unfold on my tv screen once again.

From Kaylee's kaleidoscope to Jayne's carrot and business with the chair, to Mal's memories and Serenity's imminent destruction to Inara's return, it was all beautiful. Great way to spend my afternoon. :D
HurrySundown chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
Oh my, was that ever shiny! Reads like a lost episode. I had my heart in my mouth toward the end there. And may I say how much I enjoyed being in Mal's head for an extended period of time? *g* You have an excellent grasp of what makes him tick. Thank you for a very enjoyable story.
JB chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
Thank god for writers like you on ! Your story is a gem.
27 | « Prev Page 1 2