Reviews for An Old Death Eater
ph6fingeredman chapter 1 . 8/21/2005
Short, sad, and sweet. A very nice ficlet: well done.
severusidol chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
wow, deep
Cow as White as Milk chapter 1 . 9/18/2004
Ew! It would have been nice to have a warning that this was a tragedy!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/9/2004
ignore the last few reviews! It was great, i loved it!
ObscureTwin chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
I have to agree with the last two reviews. First, it's not like Hermione to do something so rushed, without triple-checking first. Besides, she's a brave and generous Gryffindor, let's not forget that. She'd probably go and try to redeem her man, not abandon him, much as he has disappointed / hurt her. Second, it's kind of unlikely that Voldemort would take the Mark off of someone and let them free. In any case, it's all good for the sake of some angst, I only think Sev's reaction is a bit cold though. Considering he was getting the Mark erased out of love for her, and she killed herself over the misunderstanding, I think even the "evil greasy git" could have spared a tear / scream / suicide attempt of his own, right? Also, I imagine you kept it short because you wanted to go for the "shock effect" of the suicide letter, but it takes a lot of skill to put so much in such a limited number of words. I wouldn't be able to do it for sure (my writing is terribly wordy I'm afraid ; ), and you, sorry to say this, need to work on your style a bit before you can manage to truly "strike" in 500 words. You might want to consider revising this story a bit, give us a little backstory, explanations and a bit more angst. I'm sure it would turn out quite good. Besides, how can you resist the temptation to play a bit more with these marvellous charas? _
pyrojaniac chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
Nope.

While sad and moving, which I think was exactly what you were going for, I doubt that Hermione would act that irrationally. She's just too smart for that. And as for Sev taking her death so well...he'd be furious, bordering on insanity.

-D. Hamadryad
duj chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
Hard to believe Voldemort would have given him the opportunity to get out without killing him. What did he have to pay?

PS Check spelling, esp their for there.
one life to live chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
oh, how sad...*tear*
WeWantsIt chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
this is very sad and short. good writing though!
Irrestible chapter 1 . 8/4/2004