Reviews for The Black Monster
Demented Insane Spirit chapter 12 . 8/11/2014
I'm enjoying this story a lot:) with the exception of a couple spelling mistakes, it's well written and been very enjoyable so far. It's really interesting to hear Rose's side of the story
Derek Leach chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
BTW my story is rated M, so anyone who wants to read it needs to change the filters. It's titled LOD: Dark Resurrection. Once again dude, I would really like your input if you have a chance. Oh yeah, and FINISH THE STORY! lol
Derek Leach chapter 12 . 2/28/2014
This story so far is very well-written. The novel has some slow points just as any novel should have, but it picks up extremely well. I hope you could continue this story, it'd be cool to read of how Rose massacres the Anita. I have to say my favorite chapters have to be 9-11. Reflecting on Damia fit the novel extremely well, though she wasn't mentioned much in the game, she had an amazing backstory which made me think why the creators of LOD didn't substitute her with Meru. Rose is an extremely complex character (almost like the main character from Lost Oddysey who was immortal as well) and I personally believe you did great establishing who and what she is. I have a tendency to dwell in the details of my writing, but you seemed to have balanced your descriptions without sacrificing the story. I guess in some spots, this novel could use more detail, I don't really know. If you have time, read my story, I would really appreciate your input.
Madison chapter 11 . 1/27/2014
This is amazing! I'm desperate for more; why did you stop? Please continue this story, even if it is four years later!
kmsaum chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
Hehehehehe...

Friend, when you are this good, you are allowed to be picky. ;) Honestly, I wrote my fanfic starting 4 years after I ceased playing the game, so yes, thanks for pointing out the inaccuracies. I really had no idea.

As to your ficcer, nice work! Expressive and not emo, vivid and not overdone. I like, and I, too, am quite picky. ;)

-K-
Mileenasboi chapter 11 . 12/15/2006
This is a very good story. I do hope that you continue it. I'd like to hear more of what you think of Rose's life.
Doomspawn chapter 4 . 4/25/2006
Nice action flow, keeping things moving along and such. And the idea of the Signet piece in Rose's headband acting like a beacon was a pretty neat inventive touch, I think. She certainly had to find out where the Moon Child was SOMEhow, didn't she.

I only have one little quibble. The remaining Signet Spheres would have kept the Moon in the sky- thus why it's still up there despite Shana having survived, until Zieg(Melbu) destroys the last Signet when the party is in Mayfil.

But as that's nothing to do with the quality of the writing itself, I suppose I can overlook it to enjoy the story. *smirk* So I'll say congrats on capturing my interest. Because- you know- it's Rose. XD
rikoo chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
Hi! im quite new here... i read your story just now.. i'm a big fan of rose, i think your fic captured her true sentiments and revealed why she must've become so cold for the next 11, 0 years.
BreezyBiah chapter 10 . 6/7/2005
yay! i like it!
Akaika chapter 9 . 1/2/2005
I love it, this fanfic is a great view on Rose's past, with great twists. I love stories based on Rose in the past. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Amanda Swiftgold chapter 8 . 9/30/2004
I should have read this sooner, heh. I like it a lot. There's plenty of detail, and I love the memories and the remembrances of the other Dragoons, and I also like how she encounters things that will have significance in the game. Looking forward to more!
Kytti cat chapter 8 . 9/13/2004
Umm...wasn't Michael suposed to be with Rose for ten thousand years?
Kytti cat chapter 7 . 9/3/2004
Wow! Rose has a great great great great great great great great great great great...how many greats already? grand nephew? Is he going to end up exposing her and is he a moonchild? Update please?
RoseSama35 chapter 7 . 8/13/2004
No no no! Rose must not run...or fly! She must stay and confront her problem. She must tell him! Please! She must tell him! Oh, i could just cry! [bursts into tears]

Why must everything go so wrong with her? Not only is Martus family, but it would seem that he's the Moon Child as well! How can something so horrible possibly happen? This just keep getting better, though this chapter was a bit shorter. I eagerly look forward to the next one!
RoseSama35 chapter 6 . 8/11/2004
"...her unwritten code of Black Monsterdom..."

That was great right there. I loved it!

This is a really good chapter. And I can't wait for the next one. So little is really known about Rose's past that it is really interesting to know every single bit. I really hope she doesn't wind up killing Martus on accedent. And what is this strange connection that she is feeling? So interesinting, I just can't wait for the next chapter!