Reviews for I Higil Dagnir The Slayer Blade
Wawoot chapter 1 . 8/30/2004
I'm enjoying this - fun to read about Aragorn's adventures as Thorongil... Wondering who the girl is...? I'll be back to read more later! :)
Anithralith chapter 6 . 8/19/2004
Just found your story and read it in one go. Really enjoyed it, hope the finale isn't far away.
Navaer Lalaith chapter 6 . 8/18/2004
I would like to add to Berzerkerprime's review.

After the article "the", lenition occurs, so the title should be "I Higil Dagnir"

Navaer Lalaith
Lady Alathon chapter 5 . 8/17/2004
OMG!

Please dont tell me this is...

THE END!

oh so sad...good job...m...a bit, upsetting...
Berzerkerprime chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
Mae govannen a mae teithanno. _

I salute your use of Sindarin and definately applaud you for getting the vocabulary right. However, your mechanics are all wrong.

"Dagnir Sigil" would actually translate to "slayer of a blade," which doesn't make much sense since, by and large, blades aren't alive. So you would want to flip the two words around to say "Sigil Dagnir" so that it means "blade of a slayer" or "slayer's blade."

The added twist is that you include "the" in your title. I assume it refers to "blade" and not "slayer." In which case, you need "i" in the front of the phrase so that it reads "I Sigil Dagnir" or in English "The Blade of a Slayer" or "The Slayer Blade." If you want it to be "The Blade of the Slayer" it would be "I Sigil I Dagnir."

Finally, and this is just a frivolous addendum for you to ponder, you might consider adding "narn" to the front of the title. "Narn i Sigil Dagnir" would mean "Story of the Slayer Blade." Such a title is common of tales within Tolkien lore and might add a bit of flavor to it.

Sindarin is subtle. Gotta be careful about how you say what you say. Otherwise you can't be sure you mean what you say. _

Berz.
Lady Alathon chapter 4 . 8/11/2004
Hello! nice story...
luna-stella chapter 3 . 8/7/2004
Hmm, this is an interesting story! *I* don't think it's a Mary-Sue at all, and for the love of Glorfindel, I've *seen* Mary-Sues. I'm very curious about Amali. What could possibly be ailing her? And why doesn't she want it known that she can't eat things that once grew? What on *Arda* is she facing death for? You've managed to put together an interesting story. I don't usually read things about 'Thorongil', but this is very interesting! Keep it up!

(By the way, I'm one of 'Linfindel's' alter-egos, the 'Eithelien' half. Due to alarm clock issues, I have an extra day at home. Thanks for reviewing our humble story, and I'm glad you liked it!)
Athelassa chapter 2 . 8/6/2004
Is this story going to be a Mary Sue?

I don't know, I usually don't read any Mary Sues but this one would interest me nevertheless. The beginning sounds very promising and well-written.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
i'm very intrigued. who is this woman? come on, update, please? like how u develop the characters so far though.
sielge chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
I like the start of your story. I hope I can read your next chapter soon.
25 | « Prev Page 1 2