Reviews for London After Midnight
notinuseanymore2011 chapter 7 . 8/17/2004
You matey! Are evil! How can you end a chapter like that! Bloody great chapter as usual, but evil, evil ending! *shakes fist*

-Nikki-
Watson1 chapter 7 . 8/16/2004
Devastating. You’ve run me through.

It’s cliché I know, but I love a little trite drama. I can’t help myself. It was a heart-wrenching cliffhanger. I’d admonish you if you hadn’t executed it so effectively. You left me in the rain with a soppy Englishman and I love soppy Englishmen.

You’ve found it, my one true weakness. Look out Colonel Brandon. Here comes Nigel Townsend and he’s goth-er than you.

You’ll have to excuse me. I think my tragically romantic bits are poking out but really girl, you’re onto something. If you’ll have a look at you other reviews, which I have no doubt you’ve done, you will notice that you’re even converting the nonbelievers. I hate to say I told you so but…

The next thing you know suffering will be hip

Oh, and “Christ on a moped,
NCCJFAN chapter 7 . 8/16/2004
I admit it. I am a Jordan/Woody fan...could never exactly see her with Nigel. Until now. You've done a wonderful job of getting inside Nige's head. Keep it coming. This is great stuff. You may convert a die-hard like me...
canadianfan1984 chapter 7 . 8/16/2004
This is such an EXCELLENT story! I can literally feel Nigel's anguish. I love how you show both Nigel's and Jordan's perspectives. I can't wait to read more! :D
NCCJFAN chapter 7 . 8/16/2004
Okay, I'm a die-hard Woody/Jordan fan, I admit it. But REALLY LOVE this. This is great. You are so into Nigel's head. Please keep it up. I look forward to reading your stuff after the 17th - 18th.
Watson1 chapter 6 . 8/15/2004
Beautiful. You paint your people well. Creatures of the night. You never stop being one I suppose. There’s always the urge to be a little more than you’re allowed to be. You wonder slightly if your editor would mind too much if you died your hair pink. He let’s you get away with purple so dark it passes for black, but pink would be so much more fun. You smoke to many clove cigarettes and look a little bit like death. Then again who talks to reporters with pink hair?

You like to think you’re still sick and twisted, that dressing for work feels more like a costume than what you wear to go out. Honestly though it’s starting to feel the other way about and that’s frightening.

I was cool once. Funny how you’ve struck at something that’s been on my mind lately. I talked to my mate Jamie on the phone the other day and he said I was a drag. Then I said to him that nobody says drag anymore. Then he told me to piss off, the mincy quean.

As always your characterization is dead on. Good job there. Your description of E was wonderful. I prefer a bump of coke but E is like fucking without all of the pesky bodily fluids. But then coming down from E often involves fucking and you don’t mind so much about the pesky bodily fluids.

Your Nigel through Jordan’s eyes was particularly nice. It made me want one of my very own, a Nigel that is.

Salutations,

-Watson

p.s.

I don’t suppose you’d do me a favor and crush Woody’s tiny little soul or something. If it’s to much work I wouldn’t mind seeing him hit by a bus or set on fire.

-W
notinuseanymore2011 chapter 6 . 8/14/2004
Hooray for Punks, hooray for Goths! This chapter was great, I love how you wrote it, it was beautiful! I... I just can describe it, it's awesome and I can't wait to see what happens!

-Nikki- Vegetable Rights and Peace.
ShadowyFigure chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
I'm loving this story!

It's excellently writen, and i'm eagerly waiting to see where it goes...
jtbwriter chapter 6 . 8/14/2004
That is very good-I love the mental image of Jordan being attracted to Nigel-even tho' Farm Boy is the one for her.

The dress-does that kind of outfit bring back memories! I love the descriptiveness of the 80'

that good or bad were Jordan's childhood.

A very good update-thanks!

Now what?
Room304 chapter 5 . 8/12/2004
Brilliant, as all of the chapters are. You pay excellent attention to detail and description which makes this story seem like it could happen on the show. I really like how you tie in all of these great Nigel moments on the show into your story, little scenes that I hoped would have more of a significant effect have them in your story. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.
notinuseanymore2011 chapter 5 . 8/12/2004
Awesome fic! I love it you write evry one so well and I can picture the whole thing in my head. I'm a huge fan of Nigel/Jordan and I'm glad I found another _ Can't wait for more.

-Nikki-
Watson1 chapter 2 . 8/8/2004
Well done,

I know you cannot hear that nearly enough. I have yet to meet a writer who could.

You seem to have a handle on Nigel’s vernacular and a good grasp on the difference between Bug’s Liverpool lilt and our boy’s Brixton Bob’s your uncle.

I would have to venture that you have some knowledge of British dialects or are very observant. Either way you seem to have pulled it off.

I did notice a little awkwardness in the first chapter where Nigel refers to Bug by several diminutive Bs (bugger, blighter). Try not to get roped into that. There are a great deal of words Nigel could use, and due to his locality, make up.

Please don’t get stuck on this criticism because I feel though that you moved past any hiccups quite swiftly.

Anyway, I’m anxious to see where this fic is going.

Bare in mind that you are pioneering a relatively avant-garde ship, don’t let lack of reviews or recognition on the boards get you down. With good writers comes a fandom. If you were writing something terribly established like a w/j it wouldn’t be nearly as exciting.

Continually Morally Relative,

- Watson
Aesear chapter 2 . 8/8/2004
Beautiful. Absolutely stunning. I am a huge N & J shipper myself and you are creating a lovely start to something that promises to make any such shipper grin from ear to ear. Keep it coming!
Room304 chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
That was a really great start! Well written, funny- - I can't wait to read more!
jtbwriter chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
This looks very good-I knew Nigel liked Jordan-but this is interesting!

I can hear Nigel's voice in all this-you nailed the dialogue-now what else can you do?

Thanks for the good start.
120 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8