Reviews for Rematch: Joey vs Kaiba & Yugi vs Kaiba
NTech005 chapter 6 . 3/30/2013
Finally! A satisfying Joey vs. Kaiba duel! Joey had gotten too little credit for his skill in the original Yu-Gi-Oh! anime and even most of the fanfiction. But of duel of THIS caliber is right up there with Rocky Balboa vs. Apollo Creed in the first Rocky movie. Come to think of it, Joey even shares a few traits with Rocky.
SF64Rules chapter 12 . 7/23/2010
Wow, I found this story to be awesome. I especially liked the various cards used by Yugi and Kaiba in Battle City, Waking of the Dragons, the Grand Championship, and even the Pyramid of Light movie (Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, Magician's Valkyria, etc), however the praise is nothing without some minor complaints though, I actually saw Yugi never used the Dark Magician of Chaos in the course of the show (although in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX a duelist named Dimitri used it), and he only used the Trap card Shift in the last episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (still in Japan).

But none the less you're definitly better at writing Yu-Gi-Oh! stories and duels than I am (I'm writing one now but the duels are not my strong point to figure out), and I hope to see more great anime-based duels in the future.
Guardian Master chapter 12 . 8/20/2005
Wow Great Story i liked it. you did a great job on both duels Keep up the Good Work
RastieTheWolfDemon chapter 2 . 8/11/2005
you have to have a lord of dragons in play on your side of the field to play flute of summing dragons.
RastieTheWolfDemon chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
Gilfords effect allows him to destroy every monster on his enemys feild so the blue eyes,spear dragon,and lord of dragons would be gone.
john chapter 12 . 7/13/2005
Nice. And a tie is how it ended.
MagicmanSmokegirl chapter 12 . 7/13/2005
Yay! (applauds enthusiastically) A really cool finale.
Seeker of the Soul chapter 12 . 7/12/2005
And so their rivalry comes to an end, at least for Yami. But Kaiba has something good to look forward to in the way of still potentially dueling Yugi.

It's been a fun duel, even though I've only now read this aspect. I may not like Kaiba, but it was a good duel, and that's what matters.
Noble Paladin chapter 12 . 7/12/2005
I've gotta say, I am impressed. Two great rematches played to both duelist's greatest strengths, and Soul Relay to summon the DM of Chaos is an added plus.

So Kaiba sort of got what he wanted in the end. Well, you can't win em all.

Keep it up.
Jonathan the Zero Element chapter 12 . 7/12/2005
What an increidble ending to a final rematch between 2 great rivals. I knew it was Dark Magician of Chaos. Are you going to write another Yu-Gi-Oh! fanfiction? I'll add you to my favorite authors list. Until then, nice story and late
Time Mage chapter 12 . 7/12/2005
Superb ending, I must say. I can't believe I had forgotten about RIng of Destruction!

It has been a goos two-part story. BOth Duels were extremely well written. Although it lacked the intensity that comes with a match where the fate of the world is at stake (Such as what me and some other authors write), it was just as well scripted, flawless, and imaginative. Indeed, if you were to write a full length story, then I would read it and enjoy it. If you intend to, let me know, cause I want to be on the lookout. Fairwell, and good luck. See ya.
Drake Clawfang chapter 12 . 7/12/2005
awesome. so is this it?
The Schwarz chapter 12 . 7/12/2005
Great Chapter! I knew it would be a tie. even if did seem alittle rushed, but still great. So is this it? or what?
SulliMike23 chapter 12 . 7/12/2005
Not a bad ending if I do say so myself. I give it a 10 our of 10 with 1 being the lowest.
Drake Clawfang chapter 1 . 7/6/2005
Hi, just read how 'Blood Exchange' is made op. Can I suggest three cards that I made up? The last one may be helpful for when Yugi has Kaiba on the ropes.

Element Rivival; Remove one monster in your graveyard from play to special summon one mosnter from your grave with the same Attribute as the removed monster.

Revival Exchange; Select one monster on your opponent's side of the field and shuffle it into his or her deck. Your opponent can then special summon one mosnter from his or her graveyard in face-up attack mode.

Fallen 1; You may only activate this card when your Life Points would be zero as a result of battle damage. Negate the attack and decrease your Life Points to 1

anything good? I made these cards up for my own story, but I'll lend them to you if you want to use them.