Reviews for Neon Genesis Evangelion: Father Knows Best
Ryuus2 chapter 9 . 6/21/2012
I have very little idea what is going on here. I have managed to piece together the outline of this puzzle fairly well, but there are definitely a few big holes I can't seem to fill in. Most notably, with Ritsuko's roommate being -assumedly- Kyoko, who is in the clinic below Pieter's office? And without anymore contact experiments after Yui's, what are they using to make the Eva's -other than 01- move? And what -exactly- are these AUO's of which you speak? It's like having a jigsaw puzzle put in front of you, but not being told what it is. Suffice it to say, I am enjoying every minute of it :)

On to the next installment!

Keep up the great work!
Toriano.Flacko chapter 8 . 4/24/2011
You know (this not really referring to what you may or may not know), I've been thinking what a sped-up plot would look like, and how things would work out. This... I think this jumps ahead, goes back in time, and kicks canon in the face a few times before taking a mad piss on Impossibility's grave.

Okay... first of all, AU where things are automatically different (here 'things' being Asuka and Rei having known each other for a while yet Gendo not being Commander Peiter being Commander Fish Angel and DiamondHead attacking at the same time Kaworu piloting a Metal Gear Eva (... no idea if that's even close to correct...) all of this coming together within, what, two to three weeks, even by storyline time? Equals... what? Oh, and also...

This Strange Sakura Person That May or May Not Be Essential To Why Things Are Different. Guessing she's an OC (that is all speculation, though) and considering that she only met Shinji in passing, and whether or not she's met the other pilots at all is a good question, She Could Be God For All We Know, Sending Her Goldfish/Angels and Pills To Terrorize People.

... yeah, think there's a reason I capitalized most of that.

anyway... hmm.

LATER!
Toriano.Flacko chapter 4 . 4/24/2011
I am just now starting on this 'series' of yours (although it seems it was just finished two years ago and I had several opportunities to check it out beyond your ND universe), and I already love it.

That's what I meant to put two chapters ago. Same thing applies here.

LATER!
Norwest chapter 7 . 11/6/2010
Awesome Firefly ref here! Did you ever use "I aim to misbehave" in any of your fics?
Rose1948 chapter 9 . 10/20/2010
Quite the tweaking you've done with this story. I happen to enjoy AU myself, feeling that the only true canon is written by the original authors. No matter how one sticks to the original story, the differences in personality always seem to show. Writing a story that's word for word, inflection for inflection, posture for posture, exactly like the original is, simply put, plagiarism.

Thanks for sharing.
Anonymous chapter 8 . 8/22/2010
I like how you've made Sachiel more important. I have always felt he's under-appreciated. He could be pretty cool, but because he's Shinji's first fight, he just gets swept away.
shanejayell chapter 9 . 3/4/2010
The phrase "holy shit" comes to mind.

Well done!
Cristipotter chapter 9 . 12/14/2009
This is an amazing story. I love the twist you've given the Eva verse, specially because it seems to make fun of itself! It's been nice reading this and remembering what NGE was about, since I haven't watched in a while.

I can't wait to read the other fics that go after this one! Great job!
CelticReaper chapter 9 . 11/6/2009
awesome fic _
Kknd2 chapter 9 . 10/15/2009
“Isn’t that right? You don’t have any more surprises for us, do you?”

This is something you should NEVER SAY! Just don't say it people.

So sakura uses some from of talsman for each of the pawns in this little game... running rather thin by now I imagine.

I still want details on that butterfly. But I am sure you will provide, in time...

I offically posit that the roommate is Akagi's mother. That said,there are some signals that say it is Ms. Sohryu... But I place my 2 starbacks on the former. Let us see if my guess is correct.
Baughn chapter 9 . 10/15/2009
I.. you... aagh!

That's it. You're not allowed to write cliffhangers anymore. ;_;
SithKnight-Galen chapter 9 . 10/15/2009
If nothing else, that last line has me more hooked than anything else. I was not expecting that, and it brought a nice little chuckle to my face.

Hmm, for some reason, I cannot remember who the heck Ritsuko was supposed to be roommates with, or was this just supposed to be a mystery person until the next story arc?
Innortal chapter 9 . 10/15/2009
Wonderful and a funny end.
Baughn chapter 8 . 10/13/2009
If that's what it takes to stop *one* angel, and not nearly the most powerful...

Well. This should be interesting.
Kknd2 chapter 6 . 10/3/2009
“His treatment of you, and I quote, disgusted the people in charge. They couldn’t rationalize giving him charge of NERV, but he was still a brilliant scientist. Dr. Fuyutsuki lobbied for them to leave him in charge of Project E. They went with my father for Commander instead. The pilot of Unit 02 was still…was still alive. He lobbied for custody of Rei, got it, and we all moved to Tokyo-3.”

Ah how they misinterprate things. They are not disgusted because Ikari abandoned his son, they are disgusted that he abandoned a potental pilot. That is how I view this. "His irrational actions concerning a vital componant of the project demonstates he can not control his emotional reactions, and would let them color his decision making." or something to that effect.

But for someone who does not know SEELE, the assumption is logical and correct. Unless this is not the "People in charge" I am familar with.

I look forward to seeing how that little wrinkle turns out, and learning about the other hinted at truths. On a more immediate basis, seeing this next angel gutted like a fish could prove most entertaining.