Reviews for Deny Thy Father
Aisheyrufox chapter 7 . 9/27/2010
YAY FOR ATEM AND BAKURA! I am sorry, i must disagree about weevil. I. Don't. Like. Hiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmm...I LOVE ZE PHHHAAAAARRRRAAOOOOHHH! I like this story too. Bakura is in character and is not acting like a psycho nut! YAY FOR YOU!
Star Lin chapter 7 . 11/29/2004
Another great story. It's great and sad with Ba-khu-ra now having a hate-like relationship with Yami/Atemu. He gets his love ones back and the Pharaoh still suffers, yet Ba-khu-ra realizes that Atemu is innocent and should have to suffer. I'm putting this one in my favorite stories.
TriplePivotTurn chapter 7 . 11/13/2004
It's true you rock, you do have a nack for getting into peoples heads, yes you do rock. How old are you man? just curious. Yeah, well that was brilliant and I can't wait to see more of your rocking work. Catch you later adn well bloody done!

nife chapter 7 . 11/13/2004
Wow! That's really good! Poor Bakura! I love how you petrayed all the characters!
Sylvia Viridian chapter 7 . 11/12/2004
Yes, you rock. Anyway...really sweet, poignant ending. I feel all happy for Bakura, and kind of sad for Yami, especially since I'm kind of in love with him.

I hated the last part of the manga. Oh, I understood why it had to be, and that Yugi couldn't keep depending on Yami, and that Yami's time was over...

But still...

"Why do you weep?

What are these tears upon your face?

Soon you will see,

All of your fears will pass away..."

But it still hurts, so much.

"Don't say

We have come now to the end..."

Please...?

*Quotes are from "Into The West", from the Return of the King movie soundtrack, sung by Annie Lennox. That song r0x0rz!
Silvershadowfire chapter 7 . 11/12/2004
Interesting ending. Very interesting. Poor Bakura. He's in heaven, and doesn't even get the satisfaction of having freed his people himself. Talk about bittersweet.
Sylvia Viridian chapter 6 . 11/7/2004
Yeah, Joey really didn't have a future before he became friends with Yugi. And I haven't seen the Doom Arc yet, I'll have to get my hands on that. Kaiba-kun will be fine, I'm sure, as long as he learns to open up just a little. Which he seems to have done. Thanks to Yugi.

So we're both right. And they both have futures. Isn't it nice when that happens? _

It always seems to come back to Yugi, doesn't it? Truly everyone's little light.

Resolved in next chapter? I can't wait!
MotherCHOWGoddess chapter 5 . 11/7/2004
Gah, I totally forgot I reviewed on Chap. 6! The curse of pre-coffee time!

What makes BaKhuRa such a tragic character, especially as you've portrayed him, is that in another reality/mythos he could easily be the hero! Avenging the wrongful deaths of his family, regardless of the odds, across the vastness of time and space...the hallmark of a truely well-characterized 'villian' is that he honestly thinks HE is in the right! he doesn't think of himself as being the villian, he believes HE is the hero!

Poor BaKhuRa - this whole situation reminds me of an early Andre Norton book (think it might have been 'Beastmaster' - and no, not that dreadful movie and TV series, either!) in which the protagonist spends most of the story holding a grudge against a man he believes seriously wronged his family years ago, and mentally beating himself up for not taking vengeance against the man's heir when he had the chance, only to discover at the end that he'd been fed a pack of lies by his embittered grandfather, and among other things said heir is own half-brother and the so-called enemy had actually been searching for HIM all these year, not to finish destroying his family, but to bring HIM home! Talk about your plot twists...

I'm a bit sad that this story of yours is winding down... it's been incredibly fascinating...

MCH
TriplePivotTurn chapter 6 . 11/6/2004
Howdy, man that was awesome. Nice descriptions, lovely. I really really really liked it, you'll have to update soon! catch you later!

Silvershadowfire chapter 6 . 11/6/2004
That was a little weird. Good, but weird. Looking forward to how you plan to finish this
MotherCHOWGoddess chapter 6 . 11/6/2004
I'd love to make some some wonderful insightful observation right about now, but my brain is still still in 'pre-coffee' mode (reminder: thank Cathy Bloom for putting a name to that particular condition!) Laryna, are you by chance studying psychology? this Story and the Fire/Ice stories are so incredibly ... can't think of the word, it's too early... had to get up to tape Waking the Dragons, ungodly hour on a weekend, gaah!

Ah, my poor lost confusalled Tomb Robber. um...

coffee...

MCG
TriplePivotTurn chapter 5 . 11/3/2004
nice chapter, very very nice what's gonna happen in the game? what! tell me please...spoon?

Sylvia Viridian chapter 5 . 11/2/2004
That's possibly true. But Joey still has more friends than Kaiba. If he and Kaiba can get over being immature at each other, he could get a job at Kaiba Corp., I'm sure. Or he could work for Duke Devlin. At any rate, what I'm saying is that there are people who will vouch for him. And Kaiba may have a future financially, but socially? Emotionally? It's tough to say. He's got a lot of problems that even time and an adorable little brother can't fix.

And speaking of little siblings, Joey's still got Serenity, too.

Anyway, wonderful chapter. I love your take on Bakura and Ryou's relationship. Bakura really is trying to protect Ryou; he's just harsh about doing it.

Update soon!
Silvershadowfire chapter 5 . 11/2/2004
Interesting outlook - it's always fun when you see it from the other side of the coin. Just the scream of rage that the Pharaoh was a 'parasite in the bodies of my family'...terrific!
Sylvia Viridian chapter 4 . 10/27/2004
I have to disagree. Joey's situation is tragic, but Kaiba's is worse. If you think about it, practically everyone on the show has family problems, except Tea and Tristan. I mean, I've never seen Yugi's parents; where are they? Joey's dad's a drunk and his mom moved out, and his sister was going blind until her operation. Kaiba...well. And Ryou's mom is dead, while his dad pretty much ignores him. Mai was a lonely rich girl with parents who didn't care about her. I mean, geez!

Love Bakura's perspective, by the way. So funny, even while being rather frightening. Which is to say, it would be frightening if his acts were directed at me, but since they're not, and never will be, I can laugh at his odd sense of humor.

Update soon!