Reviews for The Lay of Mary Sue
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
Haha, your profile's funnier than mine! *peal of laughter, then eyes suddenly narrow*

I can see them everywhere...they're coming for me... *insane cackle*

Hahaha, the Nordics with the hair...

*laughter dies away*

Sakina x
Caethilia Mordon chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
Oh excellent! Hurrah!
Isiliel chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
This hits the nail right on the head! Death to all those Mary Sues...My favorite lines:

"They spawn in all fandoms, from Star Trek to LotR,

Whose authors know G'ladriel as that White Queen in FotR

Who wears only white cloaks and walks in bare feet,

Let's give her a daughter whom Legolas shall meet!"

That is exactly what happens! Along with running away from an arranged marriage by "cruel daddy Elrond to Mirkwood Elf strange." Always Legolas is getting all sorts of elf-maidens arranged to marry him.

I love it!
The Daughter of the Night chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
I LIKE!

agree- All Mary Sues must be eliminated... can i join you on your mission?
I'm the only left handed person on this rock chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
Bravo! *claps enthusiastically* You show those Mary Sues! One day we will band together and rise against all Mary Sues and SMITE THEM!

Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!

*pauses*

Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

*silence*

*coughs* Anyway...you get the idea :)

Great stuff - keep it coming!
Belkassem chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
who! that states your feelings pretty well...damn it, i was gonna write a mary-sue :p, well, er, one criticism:

the line "Appearances deceive and their pretty heads are hollow,"

would sound better as "Appearances deceive; their pretty heads are hollow," but thats up to you...and another; why this subject?
kingmaker chapter 1 . 8/19/2004
Absolutely wonderful song- it's so true! Points for originality as well- who else could completely bash a Mary Sue in less than five hundred words of poetry?
Spoofmaster chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
Wow, that's great. Gotta love the Sue-bashing.
Belgaer's Voice chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
Brilliant. I've never seen an anti-MS poem before, but you made it work. I like the way the rhyme scheme changes from verse to chorus.

And I like the bit where you say, "And Thranduil's seen through his to-be daughter-in-law". It's very nice and sounds very good when read.

Thanks for this lovely fic; this is a very nice anti-MS composition. Boredom in your dad's office brings about good things!

Cheers!

Charliegirl2.
l a y d e e chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
...that was so good!...it was very original, I must say...ha ha ha ...
Philippa chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
Charming! I particularly enjoyed the choruses.
Calliope-Elven-Agent chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
lol, That's really cute! :D i wubbled it. :)
Waves-Sama chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
Brillant. *falls of chair laughing*
The Noble Platypus chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
Awesome. Absolutely awesome. I am only sorry that it appears there won't be more. This is going on my faves list anyway. Very clever.

~Platy

P.S. You may enjoy my MS Mockfest if you dislike Sues.
Blue Autumn Sky chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
This is great. I love the singsong way you put it, and the way you describe Mary-Sue. It's brilliant.