Reviews for Chronicles of a Rurouni
Genki Ninjagirl chapter 11 . 1/31/2006
GREAT FIC!*CLAPCLAPCLAP*
the sacred night chapter 4 . 12/4/2005
omg souji really is astonishingly like a younger version of kenshin... even to the point of not wanting to stay & endanger ppl with his enemies coming after him. now i'm REALLY curious about this mysterious dagger-thrower. somebody who likes to play sick, cruel games... somebody soujirou apparently hurt at some earlier point... somebody very tenacious... somebody who doesn't mind attacking innocents... all the evidence and my intuition seems to point to shishio, but he's dead! how can that be? it must be somebody else... or do you have a trick up your sleeve? this IS already AU, so i guess there's no reason shishio can't be alive.

as always, the mix of introspection with action works wonders. i like his musings on how being a rurouni hurts.
the sacred night chapter 3 . 12/3/2005
o intrigue!

the plot is advancing quickly, it looks like. We'rer already at the beginning of a scandal! who is the mystery dagger-thrower? ninja like aoshi and misao are good at throwing daggers, but they wouldn't attack the dojo... i wonder if it's someone we know, or an OC. is it an enemy of soujirou's or of kenshin's or of the dojo's? they did aim for kaoru first, before soujirou protected her. maybe they're only trying to take him out to get to her. it's a mystery!

i like all the introspection and seeing everything from multiple characters' perspectives, and how you mingle introspection and quiet enjoyment of the story so fluidly with action.

the thing with kenshin's comment about sou being naughty and then sou's whole thing with the tomatoes... that was a bit random for my taste. neither of these men is really the 'playful' type, so i really don't see them doing that. i agree that kenshin might say something funny to make soujirou feel at ease, but calling soujirou naughty was perhaps not the best way to go about that. plus, souji isn't really the lighthearted, spontaneous, crazy type, so i really super don't think he'd do all that with the tomatoes. it was a cute scene and all, but OOC. the rest, however, seems very in character. i think if you'er planning on kenshin and soujirou letting out that lighthearted side in each other, it would take longer than this, and they wouldn't just go right back to their depressed, inferiority-complexed, emotionn-hiding selves afterward. there would be a gradual change in their moods.
the sacred night chapter 2 . 12/2/2005
hmm i really like this. i like how stuff happens, but at the same time there's plenty of relaxed introspection. i like how there's that whole sort of carefree ayra, like soujirou is totally unfettered. i also like how you point out that souji has an aura similar to kenshin's.
KatsyKat chapter 11 . 4/8/2005
Wonderful job! You can tell that this was one of your earlier fics mostly based on minor things like grammer and the confusing 1st person perspective changes. Otherwise I see the same ingenious plot twists the wonderful overall depth and great coverage of all the characters as in your later fic – which I’m hoping to see an update on SOON before I go crazy! Lol I do regret not being as informed on the other anime/media you write about. I would be interested in reading more of your work, but haven’t seen anything else posted I think I could follow well enough. Thus – if in your future you wanted to pick up another Ruroni Kenshin fic – I would love to read it!
reviewer chapter 11 . 12/26/2004
i love your style of writing, it's so funny. you remind me of Dave Barry. he's a funny writer an amusing way, not comidic. love your stories, they're great, just love em. -
jbramx2 chapter 11 . 10/6/2004
Waah! So sad and good! *giggles at Saitou's surprise to see Soujirou behind him* Very funny, endearing scene. Heh, so you were talented even back then. XD Very fascinating! waah! Sou-kun sure cried a lot throughout this story. But still, poor boy. Again, I can't say how sweet this story was. Your writing has improved, but even an oldie like this is enjoyable. Good work!
jbramx2 chapter 10 . 10/6/2004
*Screams, just screams* That's so sad! And no, Saitou should have more sense than to kill 'em. XD; But either way, the not knowing certainly freaks you out. Great chapter! :D
jbramx2 chapter 9 . 10/6/2004
Omigod! ah! I've been reading this since yesterday and this chapter is...wow! Great suspense! I'm trying to picture this wierd natural phenomenon, but tis a bit hard, so I'm using my imagination obviously. Good lord, that's nuts! I can totally feel Kenshin's panick! Great suspenseful writing for a 16 yr old I'd say. _
Koukeisha chapter 11 . 8/25/2004
Saitou-san is the coolest! I was a little dissapointed because I wanted to see how Sou met Enishi over bearmeat in the woods but I'm still happy! This has an excellent ending! Just how did Kenshin did it, I won't ask. Just how did you made an excellent fanfic, is what I ask.
Koukeisha chapter 10 . 8/25/2004
The station wolf! *gasps* O_O I will review the other chapters but mostly I have been skimming because it's too long and I don't have too much time on my hands. But I will, okay?

This is really and purely the best!
Koukeisha chapter 6 . 8/25/2004
Man, that nearly brings me to tears... Seriously and not a lot of fics can do that... I remember that bonus story and this really makes it so sad.

Poor Sou, poor Murasaki (even though he had mental problems) and poor Chitsuru.
Koukeisha chapter 4 . 8/25/2004
Wow, Kaoru is a real mean person.. How can she do it? O_O;
Koukeisha chapter 3 . 8/25/2004
I love that snow part and that blood description. *shrugs* That dagger thing is so familar and yet, Sanosuke is still there? Before or after Revenge Arc? *thinks*
Koukeisha chapter 2 . 8/25/2004
SO, cool! I just nominated to some site and now this fic has made my day once more!