Reviews for Screwing Up
weezer42 chapter 21 . 3/28
lovely story with just the right mixture of angst, romance and all that I look for in a SJ fanfic.

thank you for sharing.
lucsch chapter 21 . 4/4/2011
After reading fanfic for 3 years, I finally came out of lurkdom because of this story. I just have to say I love your writing style. I do believe your Sam and Jack are very in character. While being fantastic in their professional lives, both are terribly inept at their personal lives. Sam has very little experience in personal romantic relationships, while Jack's life has been full of tragedy and heartache, which leaves both closed off and in denial. I relate so well to both sides of their struggle. Thanks for writing this story-angst at its best!
Zoser chapter 4 . 8/18/2010
"It means that she is over you while you're still clinging to an impossible dream. She never loved you enough to resign for you." This broke my heart.
m4rk6 chapter 21 . 6/18/2007
Yay for the divorce culture. Get married, if you want a new partner, get a divorce! It's easier than baking a pie!
dyslecksec chapter 21 . 10/1/2006
Note: I know this story is 2 years old, but I needed to give and it deserved to get a response from me.

I must say, few stories trigger as strong a response in me as this one did. Honestly, I had 3 hand-written pages of 'concerns', all in regards to your characterization of Sam. But after finishing the story, and perusing my notes, the 'concerns' boil down to a simple question: why?

"I had to move on."

"Jack and Sam could never be."

Both quotes are pivotal to Sam's reasons for marrying Pete, which is fine. In light of the questions Sam asked of the O'Neill-hallucination in "Grace" they're believable things for her and Jack to believe too. But then you blew the reasoning behind those beliefs right out of the water in the very first chapter with Sam's resignation from the Air Force. Which isn't so bad...except you never explain *why* Sam continues those beliefs in lieu of the thrice-cursed regs being out of the way. Hell, you even had Daniel say Sam resigned as much for Jack as for Pete and herself! I'm not ever sure what to call that, a contradiction? An omission? Whichever it is, it makes the story's believability suffer for me.

One other thing, due to Pete's questionable behavior in "Chimera" I've never, ever, felt sorry for him in any fic where Sam breaks up with him. Until this one. Not even he deserved that whole mess. I do wish he'd asked Sam one question though. It would've been the first question in my mind in his situation. Not "why'd you sleep with him", but "why did you even marry me?" In my view, Sam betrayed Jack AND Pete by marrying Pete when he wasn't first in her heart.

Oy, it's 4 am and time for me to quit pestering you. Despite my confusion is some respects, this story was definitely an enjoyable and worthwhile read. I'm glad you're still writing, even it is just Doctor Who. )
skiergal chapter 21 . 9/30/2006
I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS STORY

epilouge...maybe?

you had me very upset, I must say, with Sam actually marrying Pete. And I totally agree, Sam and Jack go together as naturally as breathing
gategirl13 chapter 21 . 3/18/2006
what a fantastic story! i was a little skeptical in the middle, i thought she wouldnt go through with the wedding, or when they say do you samantha carter blah blah.. she would hesitate and say no i dont. but anyway there togther at last so i'm happy. great righting. intense.
AriadneInLove chapter 21 . 2/18/2006
You know I've read this story twice and it just keeps getting better. Thanks to you, I started writing with more distinct points of view. I especially enjoyed Jack's little moments of self-discovery in front of his mirror, the way you included Cassie into the plot, and the stag/hen night. That last one's going in the history books. lol.

This can't be the end, right? o.O

Ariadne.
CharmedAli chapter 21 . 1/11/2006
great story it was really good
sandwiches chapter 21 . 10/10/2005
I have only just found this story, but had to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you!
lonely star chapter 21 . 4/27/2005
wow ! cool story ! I was a little scare at a certain point ! lol but that's a nice ending ;-)

good job!
Marjolaine Boilard chapter 21 . 12/27/2004
Excellent story! I could'nt stop till I got to the end!
Karibou chapter 21 . 10/17/2004
Aw! Fantastic! This is one of my all-time favorites!

You rock!

If you ever get a chance, read my fic. I'd love your perspective. You are an amazing writer!
This Girl Maybe chapter 21 . 10/16/2004
Wow. Just wow. Like many others I was worried, after you married Sam and Pete, that there would be no shippy ending, just angst. But I am so relieved that they finally realised that they are made for each other!

I loved the uncomfortable-ness with each other despite being friends for years and years, and how eventually they overcame it.

I'm enthused by the "probably" at the end...can I expect an epilogue or sequel? 'Cause I'm sure that there are loads of other readers just waiting for it...
Angel of Fire SG1 chapter 21 . 10/16/2004
OH NO IT FINISHED!

But great ending I loved it!

Everything's perfect! aw!