Reviews for The Message
Shiennut chapter 1 . 12/15/2015
aw X's confused and disappointed, but wow to be able to see and hear his older siblings like that-and understand the concept and accept the idea that he actually has siblings! wish we got something like this in the game, and well, get everyone spazzing :3
Rubel chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
That was excellent. Thank you for sharing.
Karanma Maeryl chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
What a great piece of work! It's short and sweet... and nice... :')

Awesome work on this! A must-fave! x3

Have a good day, buddy! O:)

Karanma Maeryl
bronze andromeda shun chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
This was really well done. It tore at my heart, watching the classic series Light bots talking to X. The happiness and naivety of Rock, The maturity and fond scolding of Roll, and especially Blues' separate message about how much they wanted to be there with him, wanted X in their family, all of it made me feel like crying. I really wish that X could have gotten to know his brothers and sister...
H.B. Horse chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
I can't believe I haven't left you a review on this yet.

I'm a little disappointed by how... robotic X acted in comparison to how we saw Protoman and his siblings acting. Regardless, this was an amazing story that was almost depressing. What happened to X's brothers and sister? I guess we'll never know sadly.

A short story that's more than worthy of a place on my favorites. Thank you for writing this.
lalalei chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
This was simply beautiful. Everyone was in character, especially Protoman, and it felt so happy and bittersweet and cute...Makes you wonder what would've happened if X had grown up with them...
G.Wings chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
...I like this... a lot. I always wondered how X would feel about hos 'older siblings'. Good job.
MeShelly chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
That was great! Especially the ending-I almost shared X's burst of anticipation (except knowing that it was the end of the page). You can almost feel his disappointment as well, as he rationalizes the lack of information on his siblings from the good doctor.

The assumption of Rock and Roll (and Blues) that X already knew of them was sobering. At the same time, it's hard not to get caught up in their enthusiasm of being able to speak to their brother from their position in the past.

I loved Rock's characterization-so young, finding excuses to justify his use of the pod. Roll, with her cleanliness, and the maturity at bringing up the issue of Dr. Light's mortality.

Blues's older-brother moment was definitely my favorite, though. After his fierce words on family, Dr. Light's messages suddenly seem a little lacking. The similar sighs and goodbyes resonated neatly.

Again, very nice fic.

piKnic chapter 1 . 3/4/2005
A message from the past, what a novel idea, and a well-executed one at that. Although X seemed far more robotic than I would actually prefer to believe he is, it was a great counterpoint to the bubblier cast of the original games, minus Blues who you very appropriately made the poignant centrepiece. I really liked it, well done.
Macross-Green chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
You know... for a one-shot, this was pretty damn good. I enjoyed this one, because it brought a bit of the MM light-hearted characters into a more serious series for a brief moment, as if a dream. I can't really blame you for doing this- if I was still into light hearted fics, I'd love to actually do something like this as well. Good job!
Bobcat Moran chapter 1 . 9/21/2004
Aw, man, you're making me cry. I hope you do go ahead and write some other fics, because you've got some serious talent. This one's going on my favorites list.
Firehedgehog chapter 1 . 8/31/2004
please please oh so please update soon
Burenda chapter 1 . 8/15/2004
Aww, that was beautiful. Poor X. He just needs someone to give him a good hug. It's so sad that he never really got to meet any of his family. I bet he and Rock would have gotten along famously. _

This was an excellently written fic! It really touched my heart. I hope that you'll continue writing (no, I'm not asking you to write another chapter of this fic. I'm smart enough to recognize a one-shot when I see one. *wry*) because you're a really good author and I would love to read more stories by you.
Lina Darkstar chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
Well, a big point is that X doesn't really understand what siblings are or what they're supposed to mean. Part of the inherent tragedy, to me, was that he never even got the chance to learn what family is, and after him factory-produced Reploids have no concept of it at all.

I tried for more X reaction but ended up deciding it broke the flow. ;

Thanks for all the reviews, guys! I'm really glad you liked it.
Calypso chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
This is rather haunting and sad. Seeing what was meant to me and was never realized can be a very heart-wretching thing. I certainly like the kind, loving gesture of making a 'video for the new member of the family'. My only problem is, X barely reacted at all. I would expect he'd be more upset at losing this family he was supposed to have. Ah, well.