Reviews for Future Tense
Anonymous Mirror chapter 1 . 7/28
While not a nitpick to only this fanfic in particular, one thing that has been bothering me lately is how how Ranma's claims to be a guy is written. Ranma is Ranma no matter what gender... but unless the curse isn't a complete transformation he would indeed be a girl when in his cursed form. Not only does the visible body parts and initial change, nor is it even only the hormonal changes... but the brain itself is actually changed as well. The female and male brains are after all different. So while Ranma would still have his memories/experiences and outlook ect, this would be processes by almost an entirely different person. So in theory; the longer Ranma would stay in girl form, the longer would his way of thinking be affected and changed by the way he would process things as a girl.

So when Ranma says: "I'm a man", this is actually a lie even if he doesn't realize it himself.
goddessa39 chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Luv this, but I want Ranma to get his happily ever after... just had a thought. What about Kodachi? She's so fun to bash and make fun of but give her some sanity adn she could love him and provide WITH him and not balk at some of the insane things that occur.
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
this is really, really good, please continue!
Ranmayamabushi chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
very interesting and good story, I hope you continue it!
Lerris chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
I skipped the omake, but all in all, not a bad one shot..
Vilkath chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
Well this started out pretty well but from there I was not to happy with this fic. It spent a lot of time building ranma up, having a growing relationship and feelings with all the girls, then pow they all ditch him and he gets none of them. Not even a relationship that falls threw. Doesn't seem like he got any thing at all from any the girls. While I am glad you managed to have an ending here, it seemed awfuly sad and disapointing way to end it after all the build up. Even if you made it so Ranma didn't get any the normal Ranma 1/2 cast, it would been nice to set up a meeting with some one else. I mean the possible cross over match ups are nearly limitless with rifts technolgy, to leave him alone is beyond mean. Especialy after all the time spent saying how much Nabiki and Kasumi had feelings for him, then thought nothing of ditching him. Also expected Skuld to comment on the end of the fic about how sad it turned out. Nice idea, nice build up but some where around the middle/end of the fic things sort of went to hell imo.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
Cologne silently added that if the warrior wasn't all that Genma had promised, she would sell a panda as breeding stock to the local zoo to recoup her losses.

It's amazing how many people think of this.

The ending wasn't bad tho' a bit of a downer. I always figured he would end up with someone if not several someones. Hell he doesn't even have to limit himself to one sex. That should have opened up the dating pool quite a bit for him.

Still it was a good ending.

The omake was funny. On to the next fic!
relm destroyer chapter 1 . 11/17/2001
i really liked ur fic it's was original (in a good way) but it was sad how reanma was all alone after helping all thoes people any way i think it would be coool if you wrote some stories about what happened to ranma in the future it would be really intresting and stuff k yeah
neko-chama chapter 1 . 9/23/2001
well this was certainly... I dont know quite how to put it... non-interesting. I was surprised by the use of 'Dr. Who' though. This was small enough for me to read but I really didnt find it that enjoyable. I give you credit for making it amusing at some points.
MrEnd chapter 1 . 10/5/2000
Interesting story; loved the part about Ranma ending up alone.

For a sequel of sorts, the author might write about Ryoga's experiences with the Doctor since he obviously never made it back to Japan. It might be fun to read about everyone's favorite timelord having Ryoga as an assistant.
Piccolo181 chapter 1 . 9/26/2000
One of the few serious works the great metroanime has put out. It, though out of the authors usual genre is still a deep story that emphasises that as powerful or righteous a hero is. It does not garantee a happy ending, but not dooming to a bad one either...

We can only hope he'll do a follow up to this later. Maybe in his "Third Labor" series he'll go back and decide to give this story a more definite feeling of closure. Until then sate yourself with this it is a real piece of work... In a good way.
Lee A. Hollensteiner chapter 1 . 9/1/2000
This was a realistic story. Ranma may not have gotten what he wanted but he was able to do more with his life than almost anybody could hope to do in their wildest dreams. Besides, there's always tomorrow.