Reviews for Pushing It
blue-fuzzy chapter 2 . 8/14/2005
?okay, i'm really frazzled?
ZILENABLACK chapter 2 . 9/29/2004
GOOD STRY KEEP WRITING
darkstorm5000 chapter 2 . 8/23/2004
I missed this earlier, but this was a nice little bonus feature to the original 'fan-fiction' release...
Lia Fail chapter 2 . 8/17/2004
Cute conversation. I'm glad you decided to post it, since it gave me a few minutes of entertainment. And know its made me anticipate the next chapter of Deathless even more.
Amokitty chapter 1 . 8/15/2004
I've gotta say I'm really impressed. "Pushing It" is a thoughtful, well-versed character piece that helps to further flesh out our hero and heroine from "Deathless". Very nice work.

The way you have Kitty and Peter interact is so in keeping with each of their personalities. Peter's inate integrity really shows here, and Kitty's bubbly, bold, flirty attitude has been sorely missed. At least we get to see this here, and also in "Old Enough".

Kudos are in order for the way you've handled Peter and Kitty's physical interaction. You've captured a side to them that's both funny and sweet, as well as intense and very sensual. It makes for a nice balance there. It also makes me very curious as to how this aspect of their relationship might play out in "Deathless", now that Peter and Kitty are both adults.

As for burnout, just remember that you've crafted a very fine story that's actually WORTH something. There are too many authors who don't see their stories to the end (in fact, I'm downright worried over the fate of "Paper Flowers"), so maybe pacing yourself more could be helpful. Your work has made some great summer reading for me, and it's hard to wait to see what your imagination has cooked up next. I'll be patient though, detailed stories of this quality are certainly worth waiting for.
darkstorm5000 chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
Awesome story! The Kitty/Peter mini-love fest was well-done all over. The little details also made the story too, from Illyana walking in and then quickly walking out, to Peter's comment about Logan and Ororo finding them in such an intimate state, I loved it all!
Lia Fail chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
Second time in a row I got to read two of your stories in one day! This was wonderfuly written, romantic without going too far. It really captures the excitment of new love as well as Kitty and Peter's feelings for one another.

Nice to see Illyana pop up as well. No doubt she teased Kitty mercilessly as soon as she got back to their room. And you had Lockheed sleep in the basket! It's so great when you get every little detail right, it adds so much to the story.

And the very end, Nikolai was crying and remembering this scene? Does this mean he remembers who he was and what Kitty meant to him now? I hope so, Kiotr moments like the ones in this story make me smile all day.

And I'm sorry to hear that you're hitting the burnout stage, but I completly understand. I'm in that same stage myself. So I'll wait as patiently as I can for the next chapter. Luckily I'll have Astonishing X-Men coming out in a few weeks to bid my time, and, as Kirayoshi mentioned, maybe a surprise appearance by a certain steel-skinned Russian.
B chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
Oh my. Is it getting warm in here? Heh. Illyana and her timing. Nice scenelet...romantic without being too mushy or overdosing on the purple prose.
Kirayoshi chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
Nice. Romantic and bittersweet, sexy without being erotic. Hmm, I wonder if you have plans for any P/K vignettes set in later years. Say a moment between them after she and Pete Contantine, er, Wisdom broke up, and he offers his consolation. Just an idea.

Haven't mentioned it before, but I loved the catfight between Kitty and Emma in the last chapter of Deathless. While I understand Emma's concern regarding the safety of the students, I found myself siding with the others; friends don't abandon friends. That and Emma was her usually tactless self. Plus it was nice to see Scott do more than be a lapdog for Emma. That woman has no business being one of the good guys!

Let's hope that Kitty and the others can reach Peter and break him out of the grasp of Nicholai and Korshei. And should that happen, let's hope Peter can fastball special Korshei's a$$ into orbit!

Oh, did you hear the latest rumors regarding Astondishing X-Men? The report is that a long-lost team member may return in the next few issues. You don't think it might be... We shall see, huh?