Reviews for A BitterSweet Catastrophe
Inevercry chapter 1 . 6/25
Ok so. I never review or favorite or follow. I'm the type of fan fiction reader who just reads and not do anything but this story has changed me. Chapter 8 was amazing. I have been reading books since I was 4 and started fanfiction when I was 15. I have only ever cried at one book which was Nick and Norah's infinite playlist ( great book) and this chapter. It killed me when Olga gave her her hair. I have never cried so much I don't even know why but it was the most beautiful and touching thing I have ever read. Seriously well done.
picc.lover chapter 1 . 5/15
FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC! YES! I LOVE THAT!
AWESOMENESS100 chapter 2 . 6/27/2014
I like the story, but can you give Helga her stubborn attitude, with calling Arnold football head?
serendipityrain711 chapter 9 . 3/18/2014
You were right...i totally lost it when olga gave helga her hair..very sweet. This story ended with so much hope and possibility for arnold and helga. Emotional and very moving. I cant tell you how much this story touched me. :)
serendipityrain711 chapter 5 . 3/18/2014
I can understand this being hard to write..i took my mother to chemotherapy before she passed and i tell you there is nothing harder. This touching story is really getting to me. :)
serendipityrain711 chapter 4 . 3/18/2014
Oh wow that chapter made me cry. Helga finally telling Arnold and then him just holding and crying with her... just beautiful.
AmorFatiAhMi chapter 9 . 6/2/2013
I liked this. It was realistic, simple and yet strong. Excellent job!
Johanna chapter 9 . 5/21/2012
Read the whole thing in about 1 hour! LOVED IT from start to finish! Great job!
FaintLeaf chapter 9 . 5/8/2012
Hi. I don't know if you check back on the reviews for this story very often anymore, seeing as it was finished... oh, 5 years or so ago, but I just thought I'd leave this anyway.

So. How to say this... reading this brought back a lot of memories for me. Some good, some bad. It made me think a lot, and I know I'm still going to think about it a lot, because I finished reading it a while ago and it's still at the front of my mind. So yeah, it stuck with me. You're a fantastic writer, so that's probably a lot of the reason. You've got quite a way with words. Some parts of this really made me feel, you know? Your style is subtle and fascinating. I really do like it. And this was so cute. All of it, and the characters were fantastically written, and all of that inner dialogue was captivating, and it was just... good. Really good.

The other reason, though, that this story is going to stay with me is because... well, my mom had cancer. Not this type of cancer, another type, but cancer nonetheless. I was reading the first chapter, and I read that part about the hair falling out and I thought, "My god. I know exactly what that is." And even though it happened years ago, I've been thinking about it a bit lately and then I stumbled across this story and it just... made me think about it. A lot. And about stuff I haven't thought of, stuff I didn't realize I remembered. I started it today, and I couldn't stop reading, and even though I'm supposed to be studying for finals I'm just kind of sitting here, awash in all these memories.

So (and sorry for this growing monstrosity of a review, I didn't intend to ramble so much)I guess I wanted to say is that I find your story wonderful, and I really appreciate the fact that you wrote it about the way you did and you showed it the way you did. It was just... I dunno. It gave me insight into things I didn't see before, since I was quite a bit younger and quite a bit clueless when it happened to my mother. And I just really liked it. So thank you.
ShanaO chapter 2 . 1/25/2012
Great story so far! I love the steady mystery just keeps going and it flows so nicely!

I did see some mistakes, I might be wrong on some but whatever.

when the teacher is talking 'your' should be 'you're'.

when she's talking about work, 'every body' should be 'everybody'.

when she's talking about Olga and her cat, 'can' should be 'cans'.

I think your sentences would flow better if you replaced the word 'oftentimes' with 'often times', and I think they would also flow better if you replaced 'trashcan' with 'trash can'

I could be wrong on those last two, so I'm not sure. I hope I'm not being rude or anything; I really do love this so far! Just trying to help. Otherwise, beside the few mistakes here and there I see, this is a lovely story! Keep it up!
ShanaO chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Wow.

I love this so far! I just discovered this. I did see one mistake. Be hind behind. Other than that, I love this to death! Excited to read more.
One Lonely Marauder chapter 9 . 4/15/2010
Aww... another amazing story 3 Thank you so much this was exactly what I needed. (you know, unlike the sleep I don't need seeing as how it's 4 am)
One Lonely Marauder chapter 8 . 4/15/2010
(Editing my review: I apologize for the novel review, I had lots to say...)

This chapter gave me chills only because of one thing. The Scene with Helga/Olga and the wig.

For the past 2 years I've done Locks of Love, and donated my hair, which grows like I was born from a pot of miracle grow 17-20 inches every year. Long, thick, red hair.

The first time I did it (got 2 full pony tails out of it) I told my co-workers why I'd gone home, and within about 10 minutes had 3 girls from the deli come up, in tears, and tackle me in a hug, calling me an angel and telling me about their families (or their own) story about cancer... I cried that day and they did too. That's why I went back just a couple months ago and did it again, same deal. This time, I did it in honor of my mom's best friend. Who - by some miracle of god - was the first woman in her family (sans her mom) to live past the age of 25 and survive ovarian cancer.

That woman(and my mom for going to chemo with her) is the epitome of grace and courage. So yeah, I got tingles when I read that scene - kudos

Ok, anyways.

First off... My school colors were Red and Silver.

I don't remember our Valedictorian's speech, because I was too busy amusing myself with the bubbles that everyone was blowing around me. (About 3/4 of my class got baked before graduation, so everyone in back was toasted, and blowing bubbles)

half of the guys wore absolutely nothing under their robes, and most of the women wore bikini's (it was - after all - like 99 degrees on May 21st 2003 in a gym that had no AC at all, with people jammed shoulder to shoulder in there.. ick)

So yeah, when I got my diploma... I did a little half dance, thrust it up over my head for my parents to see, then promptly tripped over my robe as I walked back to my seat in shame.

When we finally were announced as the Graduating Class of 2003, EVERYONE stood up and instead of throwing our caps, we sprayed the entire stage (and our principle btw) with silly string, as as we walked we sprayed the audience.

I kind of feel bad for the janitor actually.. *wince*

Anyways - I totally digressed there. Sorry.

Anyways, off to finish the rest - thank you dearie.
Takagou chapter 9 . 9/8/2009
One of the best stories I have ever read on this site. You are a pro! I love every second of it, and thank you so much for writing it.
I'mJustWeird chapter 9 . 7/11/2009
amazing. i loved it and it was deep and thoughtful. good job.