Reviews for A BitterSweet Catastrophe
Bookworm116 chapter 9 . 10/21/2016
Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!
How can I describe this as anything more then amazing? This was so good and so sad at times and so cute. You had me laughing, and "aww"ing and crying.
This is the best.
SL10 chapter 9 . 10/18/2016
It hurt like a bitch to read this at first, even though I had seen it coming and knew what was wrong from chapter 1... but I'm so happy I read it.

Then after I recovered from a mild heart attack at the possibility that she was "not going to be around" later, I practically fist pumped the air when she mentioned going into remission.

Really truly wonderful story, not a lot of stories are writen with enough emotion and thought that it draws tears of sadness in me. Again, wonderful job.
Inudaughter Returns chapter 9 . 7/9/2016
yeah, happy end
Inevercry chapter 1 . 6/25/2015
Ok so. I never review or favorite or follow. I'm the type of fan fiction reader who just reads and not do anything but this story has changed me. Chapter 8 was amazing. I have been reading books since I was 4 and started fanfiction when I was 15. I have only ever cried at one book which was Nick and Norah's infinite playlist ( great book) and this chapter. It killed me when Olga gave her her hair. I have never cried so much I don't even know why but it was the most beautiful and touching thing I have ever read. Seriously well done.
picc.lover chapter 1 . 5/15/2015
FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC! YES! I LOVE THAT!
AWESOMENESS100 chapter 2 . 6/27/2014
I like the story, but can you give Helga her stubborn attitude, with calling Arnold football head?
serendipityrain711 chapter 9 . 3/18/2014
You were right...i totally lost it when olga gave helga her hair..very sweet. This story ended with so much hope and possibility for arnold and helga. Emotional and very moving. I cant tell you how much this story touched me. :)
serendipityrain711 chapter 5 . 3/18/2014
I can understand this being hard to write..i took my mother to chemotherapy before she passed and i tell you there is nothing harder. This touching story is really getting to me. :)
serendipityrain711 chapter 4 . 3/18/2014
Oh wow that chapter made me cry. Helga finally telling Arnold and then him just holding and crying with her... just beautiful.
AmorFatiAhMi chapter 9 . 6/2/2013
I liked this. It was realistic, simple and yet strong. Excellent job!
Johanna chapter 9 . 5/21/2012
Read the whole thing in about 1 hour! LOVED IT from start to finish! Great job!
FaintLeaf chapter 9 . 5/8/2012
Hi. I don't know if you check back on the reviews for this story very often anymore, seeing as it was finished... oh, 5 years or so ago, but I just thought I'd leave this anyway.

So. How to say this... reading this brought back a lot of memories for me. Some good, some bad. It made me think a lot, and I know I'm still going to think about it a lot, because I finished reading it a while ago and it's still at the front of my mind. So yeah, it stuck with me. You're a fantastic writer, so that's probably a lot of the reason. You've got quite a way with words. Some parts of this really made me feel, you know? Your style is subtle and fascinating. I really do like it. And this was so cute. All of it, and the characters were fantastically written, and all of that inner dialogue was captivating, and it was just... good. Really good.

The other reason, though, that this story is going to stay with me is because... well, my mom had cancer. Not this type of cancer, another type, but cancer nonetheless. I was reading the first chapter, and I read that part about the hair falling out and I thought, "My god. I know exactly what that is." And even though it happened years ago, I've been thinking about it a bit lately and then I stumbled across this story and it just... made me think about it. A lot. And about stuff I haven't thought of, stuff I didn't realize I remembered. I started it today, and I couldn't stop reading, and even though I'm supposed to be studying for finals I'm just kind of sitting here, awash in all these memories.

So (and sorry for this growing monstrosity of a review, I didn't intend to ramble so much)I guess I wanted to say is that I find your story wonderful, and I really appreciate the fact that you wrote it about the way you did and you showed it the way you did. It was just... I dunno. It gave me insight into things I didn't see before, since I was quite a bit younger and quite a bit clueless when it happened to my mother. And I just really liked it. So thank you.
ShanaO chapter 2 . 1/25/2012
Great story so far! I love the steady mystery just keeps going and it flows so nicely!

I did see some mistakes, I might be wrong on some but whatever.

when the teacher is talking 'your' should be 'you're'.

when she's talking about work, 'every body' should be 'everybody'.

when she's talking about Olga and her cat, 'can' should be 'cans'.

I think your sentences would flow better if you replaced the word 'oftentimes' with 'often times', and I think they would also flow better if you replaced 'trashcan' with 'trash can'

I could be wrong on those last two, so I'm not sure. I hope I'm not being rude or anything; I really do love this so far! Just trying to help. Otherwise, beside the few mistakes here and there I see, this is a lovely story! Keep it up!
ShanaO chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Wow.

I love this so far! I just discovered this. I did see one mistake. Be hind behind. Other than that, I love this to death! Excited to read more.
One Lonely Marauder chapter 9 . 4/15/2010
Aww... another amazing story 3 Thank you so much this was exactly what I needed. (you know, unlike the sleep I don't need seeing as how it's 4 am)