Reviews for Fortune's Fool
Razell chapter 13 . 6/5
Now that Ray's spilled his soul to his 'friends', they're blabbing it to everybody, it seems. I wouldn't be surprised of he DID go nuts and burn the school down. Roberto is just itching to get fried, isn't he? Some people just don't know when to shut up... And Kurt. Sure, Tabby's a friend, but she lives with The Brotherhood, and they might notice something and make her talk.

The 'Mindscape' part was fascinating, Ray traveling through Feral's fractured mind, trying to make sense of what had happened and to reach her. He might act cold and rude, but he'll risk everything to help a friend in need. And it looks like she has been helped, a little.

I'm disappointed by the lack of Ray fanfiction/fanart too. He's such a cool character, brimming with possibilities, and everyone ignores him. I and a few other writers try to give him some respectable stories, and I've read some good ones, but overall he's been practically forgotten by most Evo fans, even after he appeared in WATXM (as a much younger kid). Very few authors write Ray-centric stories anymore. So you'll have to share him with us! No fair taking him all for yourself! ; ) My OTP is Rascal, Ray X Scaleface.

Logan still can't bring himself to forgive Feral, that's fairly in character, as you pointed out, he's lived a long, hard life and forgiveness doesn't come easy to him.

Jamie getting Logan to help him cook : ) I never really think much about him, but he got the short end of the stick. He's the youngest, smallest and probably weakest at the school, and the others make sure he doesn't forget it.

More Sam! Poor guy... It's a been a while since high school, but I remember I had classes that I just hated too. And he has to sit next to that freakin' radiator...

The thought of Toad egging Kelly's car is priceless.

Last updated in 2005... Maybe one day you could resurrect this story, if you're able. I understand how hard it can be, especially when your mind keeps turning to other fandoms and life takes it's twists and turns. Time is a valuable commodity, and we can't always fit what we want into it...
Razell chapter 7 . 6/4
Hothead. Pretty good nickname for Ray, but he's carrying so much pain it's amazing he hasn't literally exploded. Now he's been forced to let the cat out of the bag, and it looks like he's lost almost everyone he'd once viewed as family. He's gone from angry/bitter/rude to grief-stricken and big-brotherly in a few chapters. Of course, as a Berzerker fan I tend to forgive any faults, no matter how glaring, he may have. And, since I hate Scott, I tend to magnify everything he does towards evil/self-righteous intentions.

I'm surprised he could blast Logan like that in the rain without getting fried himself. Apparently, so was he...

Ray's 'confession' was painful to read, pure angst with a bit of shyness and compassion. Everyone's used to him being a hard-shelled, hot-headed loner that it must have been quite a shock to see emotions coming from him. I never thought about Kurt as a Morlock for some reason, but I always imagined Todd would fit right in. Of course, Kurt and the others took Ray's remark for an insult... Rogue and Scott's responses made me angry, even if Scott was supposed to come off as sympathetic, what right do they have to expect Ray to break an oath and betray his former tribe? I'm sure they all have secrets too, especially Rogue.

I also liked when they brought out that Ray had much more experience and fighting ability than Kitty, and he wasn't a 'useless child' of a New Mutant. He really should have been an official X-Man.

Kitty telling Amara to shut up was great. For a little princess she has no manners at all. I'm still suspicious of Kitty 'accidentally' walking in to Ray's room, repeatedly, and presumably catching him in some embarrassing situation if I read it right. I don't blame him for being short with her afterwards. But Kitty stood up for him, she saw past his flaws and finally understood a little of what he was going through, what was eating him alive.

I usually ship Ray with Scaleface because in the comics they were mates/lovers. If he's right and Feral escaped after the massacre, then Scaleface is still alive, as she was helping hunt Feral. Though, with him being dead to The Morlocks, she may want him dead as well, given the opportunity. Callisto is far more brutal than I thought, but that's all she knows, she has to protect her tribe, no matter the cost. So it makes sense she'd be so harsh and unyielding.

If Ray's right about Sevarius, I hope that guy pays in blood.

I thought it was either Feral or Thornn, because their aren't many cat-girl sisters among The Morlocks.

How come Ray can't use the 'F' word, but Evan and Scott can?
Razell chapter 4 . 6/3
Another Ray fan! There are so few Berzerker fans it's a tragedy. He rarely gets the attention he deserves from fans... Though right now it seems he has a stalker who thinks he should be dead. He's also the only student at Xavier's I do NOT call an X-Geek. Unlike that obnoxious jerk Scott, he actually has my respect.

I like your portrayal of Ray, angry, confused, conflicted over his decision to leave The Morlocks, to 'abandon' his tribe. He's a lot less angry? in my few Berzerker stories, and has only cursed once, when he threatened to fry Todd's ass. Unless you consider the word 'dick' a curse.

He works well with Tabby, the troubled angsty kid and the cheerful mischief-maker. She even got him to smile and open up, a little. And she forced The Brotherhood to drive him home when his 'friends' obviously couldn't care less.

Your portrayal is more realistic and true to the bad-boy image he has than mine.

He's about 17 when the canon Evo story begins, he's crazy powerful, a good fighter and a good leader (if a bad-tempered one) but Kurt, who's like 15 and can barely take Toad, has a higher rank because he was one of 'the originals' (NOT the vampires). Amara, Sam and Roberto, they have so much power but get stuck in the background.

Thanks for including Sam by the way. He gets even less love than Ray!

And Scaleface get's some face time. I've rarely seen her mentioned on FF. I have a bad feeling The Morlocks won't take kindly to Ray's 'defection'.

Todd is a Sci-Fi nerd! And hitting on a girl other than Wanda! his reaction to the rain was pretty in character.

Those teachers are as bad as Scott...

Unfortunately, this is as far as I can read for now with a headache coming on.
Linzerj chapter 7 . 7/26/2014
...Wasnt Anton Sevarious the creepy genetics villain from Disney's old cartoon Gargoyles?

This is a great story by the way, I like how Ray and some of the other new mutants are getting the spotlight. Cant wait to finish reading this! chapter 13 . 11/9/2011
Great story. But does it say somewhere in the series that he's from the morlocks? Or did u just make that up?
Killerk1tty chapter 10 . 2/22/2010
Oh, nevermind, I LOVE IT! LOVE LOVE LOVE
Killerk1tty chapter 9 . 2/22/2010
wut is FUITH?
Talon83 chapter 9 . 9/7/2009
Awesome. *Fan-girl squeel* GO RAY!

I'm sorry, I have alot of sugar in my system right now.
Just Another Fanatic chapter 2 . 3/30/2007
It got a good first two chapters. You're a very talented writer and add just the right amount of humor. There was even a sentence phrased in "Yoda" dialect.
Yellowfur chapter 13 . 7/24/2006
Love it! Ray's awesome. Great story!
Ivan Alias chapter 13 . 5/10/2005
Liked this one a considerable amount. Again... I am lost for words. You make the most mundane things seem riviting. And if that's not a highly coveted skill, I don't know what is.

"Misery is manifold. The wretchedness of earth is multiform. Overreaching the wide horizon as the rainbow, its hues are as various as the hues of that arch, - as distant too, yet as intimately blended."

Edgar Allan Poe

Slash Gorden chapter 13 . 5/4/2005
Tabby is just plain fun! The first half with her was a joy to read. I just love introspective pieces, especially when they don't get pretensious or something like that. I don't really get Lance having a job. A lot of fanfic writers I follow seem to portray him as the "responsible one" at the boardinghouse. From the cartoon I watched, there was no responsible one. Maybe I missed something there but I always got the impression that they'd turn to petty crime to solve their financial problems before working day-jobs.

Risty was being her usual fun self. I admit I always liked the Risty thing since she brought out the less bitchy side of Rogue. Her twisted sense of humour was on display yet again. Who'd have thought Mystique found genital warts entertaining?

Anyway, looking foreward to the next installment. Will we get to see more of Sammy?

Oh, and I read the fic you recommended. It was . . . a little disturbing. But hey, it had Roberto as the main character, so what more can you ask for, right?

Please update!
Relwarc chapter 13 . 5/1/2005
Have I told you how much I love your Tabby? You're one of the few fanfic writers who can take characters who I feel apathetic towards and make them some of my favourite. The whole Tabby bit in this chapter more than compansated for any lack of length.

The "Candida" joke went over my head at first. I suppose that means I can't join in and make fun of her parents. That's part of the reason I don't think people should try to go for something "unique" when naming their kids. It always ends up embarrassing someone in the long run.

All of Rogue and Risty's parts seem oddly surreal since we know who Risty really is. It's kind of creepy that Mystique can influance Rogue's behaviour undetected like that. I kind of wonder why they never had Risty interact with Kurt in the series since Evo Mystique seemed so much more attached to her biological kids as to her adopted one. Just one of those things I guess.

Anyway, glad you updated! Hope to see more of Ray, Feral, Tabby, and Sam in the next chapter!

Hope the university work went well!
The Hermione Granger Fan Club chapter 13 . 4/22/2005
Calling me Hermione is A-OK by me- although if more than one person with 'Hermione' in their pseudonym reviews you may also call me THGFC, if only to distinguish between us. :)

Let me tell you, I am hanging out for a scene where Rogue wears her new clothes in public. If that scene ever happens, please consider putting Risty in it. I know I'm always badgering you to include those two, but you do write them beautifully. I know if you decide to write such a scene it will come out better than I ever could have hoped.

You've outdone yourself yet again with the new Rogue and Risty scene. Once I found out what 'Candida' meant I was cracking up too. It's nice to know I'm just as immature as one of my favourite cartoon characters. As I am reading this (once again) at the public library, my bouts of hysterics were a tad awkward for passers-by. Especially when I started sobbing with mirth at the little speech of Risty's that begins, "Why, hello there, won't you come and meet our offspring?" Oh my God... so funny...

Risty laughing so hysterically and then being able to regain her composure in a split second was interesting. Mystique is some actress, eh?

Another thing I liked was Tabby and her memories of her grandmother's death. It was very in character.

Wonderfully done. Please continue!
Angel of The Fallen Stars chapter 13 . 4/22/2005
Nucking futs! What the fuck!

Anyway, good chapter, really short, especially for you. But if your busy, that's ok. I mean your life doesn't revolve around fanfictions.

You gave Tabby more seriousness (not sure if that's a word). I hate when people write fanfics, and they make Tabby only wild. Like with Rogue only being angsty. Tabby is human, she should have more sides of her personality. I'm glad you did too. Not just with Tabby, but with Rogue and Ray (just to name a few). You're one of the few authors that give the characters more personality, so I'm thanking you for that.

Also, I'm only 15, so I don't know what albicon means. Could you tell me, it would make Risty's joke so much better for me. I can't wait to see what Rogue's going to do with that 30 bucks. Update soon! Well, as soon as you can :D