Reviews for Russandol
Marie chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
I like your story very much, and I would like to translate it into Russian (my mother tongue). I am sure this might many people happy)). I would like to publish this at .net ( a Russian website, somewhat like this one, but for any fandom). I can't receive any profit etc. of it; surely there will be your name as the author and will send you the link.
I really hope it is alright with you. In case you want to discuss something, my email is
AmazingWriter123 chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Aw, this is so sweet and sad. But didn't one of the Ambarussa (whether it was Amrod or Amras, I am not sure) die at the burning of the ships at Losgar?
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Yay! I like the hopeful ending...
Glory Bee chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
A very moving story, it is easy to paint the sons of Feanor as solely villains but things are rarely as black and white as one might want them to be. I liked seeing signs of their humanity.
Magma Maiden chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
For some reaon, I cried upon reading this fic. I can imagine Maedhros burden, being the oldest son of Feanor himself, who gave up the high king title and survived so many wars while his brothers perished one by one.

The nice brother, good friend and cousin slowly disappears, replaced by a heartless kinslayer, murderer, killer...

But the presence of two Peredhil reminds him of who is he before setting foot on Beleriand...

A brother.
Kirunavaara chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
It's very sad... but the whole story of Feanor's sons is sad, so it fits perfectly.

I loved how you used Maedhros' different names in the end.
FireFly07 chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
I loved this! I love how you portray Maedhros; nice insight. I like the way you write. I like how this story just breaks my heart, *gaah.* Maedhros crying at the end *hyperventilates* this is so awesome. Keep it up!
Andi-Scribbles chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Very good. I love the insight into Maedhros's mind, and I love how you incorporated his different names into his different personas. Let me get this straight:

Maedhros is his Sindarin name.

Maitimo is his mother-name.

Russandol is his nick-name (Noldorin.)

Nelyafinwe is his "official" father-name.

Am I right?
Lady M chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
I LOVED it! Way cool!
Katharine Faith chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
Wow. That's just gorgeous. Simply lovely.

And that ending part with Maedhros tolling off his names, resurrecting the better parts of himself (if only briefly), and winding up with two little boys sleeping by his sides...

Pure poetry. I humbly bow in gratitude, dear author.
Eriala chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
I never reviewed this? *gasp* Well, I meant to. I must have read it three or four times. And by the end, I always cry. Keep writing!
ZizziHungarian chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
It was really beautiful! Thank you! This is the best Silmarillion fic I ever read... even if I haven't read too much.
Cloaked Eagle chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
I've never really been much of a fan of House Feanor - never forgave them for Alqualonde - but I must admit, some of the stuff I'm seeing in the Silm section these days is making me more sympathetic to them. Maglor's always been the one I peg as nicest, and thus usually the one I write about - plus the whole came-never-back thing gets to me - but I keep getting Maedhros plotbunnies these days. And you've just contributed to that - curse you for making him a sympathetic-yet-nontheless-psychotic-and-all-torn-up-inside character, and curse you for doing it so well!

- in summary: Good story. "We do not have the jewel, we promise!" is definitely the sort of thing a child would try - Feanorions kill for Silmarils, better tell them we don't have it. And I like how you used the many names of Maedhros to such effect. Good job.
Destiny chapter 2 . 11/30/2005
Hey, if you do write that story, I'd love to read it. Also, if you still need a beta, I'm not saying I'm the most knowledgable person around, but I have good grammar (usually...) and I write, myself. If you wany me to beta it, just send me an e-mail. My e-mail address is over there
Blume chapter 2 . 11/30/2005
This is enterign a contest? Yay! I will vote for it! ;D As for the new story, I’m not so sure, because this is one of those pairings that seem logical and almost canonical and turn out to be VERY difficult. I remember quite a few fics that deal with Maitimo and Fingon as lovers, but hardly three or four qualify as ‘good’ while the others range from ‘so so’ to ‘this is the reason I don’t read slash,’ However, I know that you’re a capable writer (you always surprise me with interesting and new views) and I trust you with this delicate, important and most honorable mission!