Reviews for Catechism
vvc chapter 15 . 8/17
this is such a ...horrifying story. but so well done and portrayed. very original and compelling. and despite the fact i feel nauseous myself at the very thought of what has happened, i look forward to where you take it.
Pseudonymous-Anonymous chapter 15 . 7/28
I hope you haven't abandoned this story, I really like it.
yoloforever chapter 1 . 7/16
OMG! the Dursleys are so mean, i'm tempted to blast off their heads Happy Wheels style..
bootstring chapter 15 . 6/26
I almost hope the potion backfires (very wrong of me, I know), just to teach Snape a thing or two about hubris. Because really: the mind is incredibly complicated-for Muggles? *Only* Muggles? If you can't accept the fact that the mind is incredibly complicated then you shouldn't mess around with it, Professor Snape.

But most of me hopes it works, because what other hope does Harry have, right now?

And I wonder if the Sorting Hat will be getting in on this too...
Salome Maranya chapter 1 . 6/25
...I am scared, but I want to keep reading anyway.
MuggleCreator chapter 15 . 6/24
Goodness. I kinda hate this fic even as I love it.
I had to force myself to read through it in a way. But I'm glad I did. What an idea!
Zuzanny chapter 15 . 6/24
Thisis a really interesting and dark twist on the dursleys, and so nasty because it is plausible. I am glad that Dudley has woken uo to what is going on an is trying to fix things. I do wonder if the potion will backfire in some way. I really like how the twins see the situation as a curse. i hope you are able to update soon.
NinerFower.94 chapter 15 . 6/23
I don't know why, but I think Harry's obeying problem and the potion will not equal anything good! The potion idea is bad in of itself, but cuple with the "Obeying Curse?" Not going to end well at all!

I dearly hope the potion and their suggestions can be reversed. Or, better yet, have the twins kidnap Harry before he drinks the potion...maybe blow the potion up and Snape's potions stock. Or have Fawks to the rescuse with the hat! Hat, hopefuly, would know it is a bad idea and prevent what will happen. Just please, please don't let this bad idea to continue!

Though I really want to tear my hair out for how idiotic some characters (the potion) are or how plain sadistic some are (glad they met their maker...), I can't wait to read more. Also, this is very realstic. Which is one reason why hate the potion idea- Albus and co would think it's a good idea! They really don't know that magic is not always the best solution- what is easy doesn't make it right, and all that.

On a side note, I really enjoy how you portray the twins, the hat, Mrs. Norris, Fawks, Dudley, Couch J, and Charlie. Different then how other do it, and so realistic!

I am rumbling now...so I be off!
EvilDime chapter 15 . 6/14
Not sure if I reviewed this chapter before - we'll see if this review gets through, then. :P

Anyway, I really loved it! Everyone's helplessness at dealing with Harry is really well depicted, and I'm excited about Dudley getting to play some (positive) part in this. Although I wish the wizards would listen more to him and his coach. That potion is pretty much doomed to fail, especially since the people handling it have never even *heard* of psychology, isn't it? Poor Harry!

So... not to pressure you or anything, but can we expect another update sometime soon? That'd be pretty great. : )

- Dime
GothDyke chapter 15 . 5/20
Yes, this story is quite disturbing to read, but it is also very fascinating in its comprehensive and well-executed logic. I really enjoyed reading it so far, and it is now one of my favorite stories.

It is very well-written, well-thought-out and consequent in the application of the belief system that the Dursleys installed in Harry and his resulting problems in the Wizarding World. I wouldn't have thought about half of these problems that turn up for Harry in Hogwarts - be it conflicting dogmas, his total lack of social skills or his beautifully described Agoraphobia. And it attests to Harry's inner strength that he survived so far and hasn't crumbled under all the pressure.

Now the turning point has been reached and the truth about Harry's homelife is laid open: Harry is finally going to get help - although the "helpers" don't know exactly what they are doing and although Harry doesn't want this "help". I have to second Kitten-the-Wolf: "I think it would be great if you brought in a psychologist for Harry. It would interesting to see how the wizards would interact with muggle healing techniques." The Wizarding World certainly has a great deal to learn in this area.

And, frankly, I cannot believe that Harry will be ever be completely "normal", but I hope that he can at least reach a level that allows him to function in society and that he finds people who love and support him regardless.

So, I eagerly await the next chapter - even if it takes another year.
From your profile, yet another fag hag with delusions of writing ability. Pathetic.
LadyForbes chapter 15 . 4/28
I really hope this is not abandoned and that it gets finished. Definitely my favorite HP fic so far.
Lupin123 chapter 15 . 4/17
I had to go back and start at the beginning...really glad that you will finish this story. I have enjoyed seeing you take this direction and look forward to seeing where it will end up. I especially like your writing of the twins and their reactions to things so far.
guest chapter 15 . 4/5
I am very surprised that this story got another update, but also very happy! :D
Kitten-the-Wolf chapter 15 . 4/1
This has been a really excited story. I think it would be great if you brought in a psychologist for Harry. It would interesting to see how the wizards would interact with muggle healing techniques.
1,969 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »