Reviews for Catechism
TakeTwoIGuess chapter 16 . 5/3
please continue this. i love this fic so much. i need to know what happens and I'm in love with your writing style
PLLSSS FINISHHH
PLS FINISH THIS BOOK! I love it so much and I have just finished reading it and I am restarting it I wanna read it again but please finish it so I can read the ending it is so good! I was never big on reading but I love this so much! Usually I just listen to books on audible but this is worth reading it
TsukuyoGintoki chapter 16 . 2/17
I should have checked the last updated date. more I've read this story and I don't even get to see if he gets a happy ending of not. well, it was a good story, even though it was extremely dark. I'm going to finish the story as a happy ending lol
Hobbit Fizz chapter 15 . 1/21
Y'know, I just can't stop thinking of how they might get around this. How they might rehabilitate Harry. I wondered "how would Hermione approach this situation? She's logical." And I imagined her using some kind of logic (which, as was pointed out in book one, wizards aren't all that good at). Harry is expecting punishment all the time, because he thinks it will cure him and make him good. So what if they were to tell him that they would try something else to make him good- giving him tasks and having him follow orders- have him practice being good. Finish this soup (with that potion in it). Sit in this chair with your eyes closed for ten minutes (while we extract some bad memories). Sort these rocks by color (which we have enchanted with a cheering charm so that when you're done you feel inexplicably happy, and you associate that happiness with you being good and you learn that you're allowed to be happy).

I'm not trying to hijack your story or anything. It's just... your writing is so powerful that it's eating me up inside, and I had to write out *something* just to give myself temporary closure. I hope you understand. It's a testament to what a good writer you are that your story has made such an impact.
Hobbit Fizz chapter 16 . 1/21
You're an excellent writer, and I hope you know that. And even excellent writers run into walls, especially with such a complex story. So I don't blame you if you don't have a plan to get Harry out of this situation, but I also understand if you *do* know, but it'll take 16 more chapters to realistically work through this and get him to a place where he's even ready to want to accept that he's been abused.

But just in case you don't, I've got to headcanon some things in my own mind so that I don't spend the next few years with this sad part burned into my heart. ...That's a credit to your writing, by the way, that it would have such an impact on me that I have to do this. Authors would *kill* to leave their readers as shaken as you've left all of us, Dreamfall. So please forgive me and don't read beyond this, because it's just me trying to make myself feel better. Thanks.

(So, to make myself feel better, I'm just going to remind myself that wizards and witches are laz- I mean rely on magic for every little thing, to the point where they didn't even use toilets, as JK said. So their quick-fix solution is that they extracted the sexual and physical abuse memories from Harry's head and put them into the pensieve, edited them a la Slughorn, used a combination of cheering charms and imperius curses to speedrun Harry through therapy, took some of that charred Dursley Jerky to make some polyjuice, so that fake Petunia and Vernon could come spend a few hours with him telling him that they were sorry and that they lied because they were just jelly, and actually magic is rad, and now they're going to move to a commune on a mountain on an island to study magic themselves and no he can't visit them ever, but they'll write, and there's everything solved by the power of magic, hooray.)
Ducky1776 chapter 16 . 12/12/2021
I've come across this story many times over the years and never went urther than the first chapter. this time i decided to read further. i have no sympathy for Petunia and Vernon's method of demise.I'd really like to see where you were planning take this next, although I know it's not happening.
Guest chapter 16 . 10/15/2021
So I know you haven't updated this story in years, but 8 just rediscovered it again and reread it and remembered how good it is. If there's any chance of you continuing and finishing this story, I would highly encourage you to do so.
rogueofstorms chapter 16 . 10/13/2021
I've only just found this. And holy hells does this fic deliver. I'm not normally one for dark/abusive Dursleys because it feels overdone, but this is an absolutely amazing psychological exploration of what if Harry believed his muggles, and I really hope you continue it again someday.
Urgazhi chapter 3 . 8/13/2021
So if he was being buggered by hugs uncle went wouldn't her scan show that?

That kind of made all the adults here pointless...
Xenocide250 chapter 1 . 8/4/2021
Oh. My. God.
This is so horrifically heartbreaking and realistic. I feel like I can definitely count on one hand the amount of stories I've seen handle such heavy topics like psychological abuse this well. One of the most frustrating things that I come across in most stories like this is that it always rushes through Harry's recovery. Sometimes there's even a potion that will fix everything. What a horrible quick fix.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that I rewatched Philosopher's Stone recently, but while reading this story, I kept being reminded of how young Harry is. He's, what, 10, in this story? It made it so much worse to read picturing little 10-year-old Harry in this constant state of fear and anxiety. Not to even mention the physical abuse and rape.
Some particular parts that stood out to me:
When Harry tried to jump in the fireplace. Just reading about how deep the psychological abuse is ingrained, how Harry considers himself inferior to literally everybody, so much that he would be willing to burn himself to death because a complete stranger told him to. Jesus, I can't even adequately describe what I was feeling when I was reading that.
The first time Dudley tried to apologize. Watching it just slowly dawn on him just how fucked up Harry is, and the way he just freezes up when he's like "I don't know what to do".
And finally, when Harry and Dudley talk in the Hospital Wing. Especially the part where Harry is told that the Dursleys are dead and how he cries and immediately tries to insist to Dudley that they were good, perfect people. And when he asked Dudley if he would help him become good, how desperate he was...fuck, dude. I have never wanted to kill fictional characters more than I did right then (even though they were already dead).
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 1 . 7/31/2021
I wonder if Harry's going to turn into an Obscuro. The circumstances is certantly right for it.

And if he destroys the entire wizarding world in an uncontrolled outburst of magic, it would be a very good tale of caution.

OR a brilliantly and torture-filled tale of misery and suffering.

Or he could do what many who believe themselves to be evil and beyond redemption does; Embrace the fact that they are a Monster.

I guess Voldemort would LOVE to twist him into the latter.

Fui: I LOVE this story! Especially the psychological torment and realism in his reactions.

PLEASE write more! :D
Nikki chapter 16 . 6/4/2021
Dreamfall, We have been waiting for these last two chapters for many years and are pleased you have decided to return! You have woven an intense story that indicates the intricacies of mental illness. Please continue as soon as possible. Thank you for sharing your creativity!
Amaniel chapter 16 . 4/13/2021
This story is awfully good. It was a long time I didn't take a slap like that. I enjoyed reading it but it horrified me. Thank you.
Ayrie chapter 16 . 3/16/2021
This is so... I would say good, but it’s also ridiculously awful. Well written, completely wrecks me, and yet I’ve read the blasted thing a dozen times now and still want to read it again. I really hope you continue someday. It never gets any less impactful, and I’d really like to know what happens next.
2,249 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »