Reviews for Catechism
GothDyke chapter 15 . 5/20
Yes, this story is quite disturbing to read, but it is also very fascinating in its comprehensive and well-executed logic. I really enjoyed reading it so far, and it is now one of my favorite stories.

It is very well-written, well-thought-out and consequent in the application of the belief system that the Dursleys installed in Harry and his resulting problems in the Wizarding World. I wouldn't have thought about half of these problems that turn up for Harry in Hogwarts - be it conflicting dogmas, his total lack of social skills or his beautifully described Agoraphobia. And it attests to Harry's inner strength that he survived so far and hasn't crumbled under all the pressure.

Now the turning point has been reached and the truth about Harry's homelife is laid open: Harry is finally going to get help - although the "helpers" don't know exactly what they are doing and although Harry doesn't want this "help". I have to second Kitten-the-Wolf: "I think it would be great if you brought in a psychologist for Harry. It would interesting to see how the wizards would interact with muggle healing techniques." The Wizarding World certainly has a great deal to learn in this area.

And, frankly, I cannot believe that Harry will be ever be completely "normal", but I hope that he can at least reach a level that allows him to function in society and that he finds people who love and support him regardless.

So, I eagerly await the next chapter - even if it takes another year.
From your profile, yet another fag hag with delusions of writing ability. Pathetic.
LadyForbes chapter 15 . 4/28
I really hope this is not abandoned and that it gets finished. Definitely my favorite HP fic so far.
Lupin123 chapter 15 . 4/17
I had to go back and start at the beginning...really glad that you will finish this story. I have enjoyed seeing you take this direction and look forward to seeing where it will end up. I especially like your writing of the twins and their reactions to things so far.
guest chapter 15 . 4/5
I am very surprised that this story got another update, but also very happy! :D
Kitten-the-Wolf chapter 15 . 4/1
This has been a really excited story. I think it would be great if you brought in a psychologist for Harry. It would interesting to see how the wizards would interact with muggle healing techniques.
dancesontrains chapter 11 . 3/14
Re-reading this fic- it's still amazing and horrifying. Would you like an invite for an account on archiveofourown dot org? If not, or you already have an account there, then no big deal.
hunteresse chapter 15 . 3/3
You write an intensely compelling story. I hope you are able to update soon, because my stomach is in knots right now, worrying about the effect of that potion (and I totally agree with Minerva, it's a terrible idea), and wondering if Harry will ever even approach normal. I honestly don't see how you'll manage it.

I thought you had a very interesting take on how wizards deal with mental illnesses, or rather how they don't deal with them - I have to say that canon seems to back you up on this point. They just sort of let their crazy people be crazy, don't they? I'm rambling now, but anyway - fantastic job, I found this and ended up reading straight through, and can't wait for more.
So let me get this straight... Dumbledore (who was responsible for putting Harry in this situation in the first place by dumping him on the Dursleys without ever checking on him) is the one who decides weather to give him the brainwashing potion...

I can see this going from bad to worse. This isn't a situation that can be fixed in two hours. I hope Coach and Minerva continue to fight for him.
Niki Spade chapter 1 . 2/8
That is the scariest shit I have ever read in my life. Great idea, still mentally fucked up.
Now to read onward! Though I'm kinda frightened of whats next.
Fmh chapter 15 . 1/30
Thank you great to get an update. Love the c
Ash of muggle and magic very well done
lumutness chapter 15 . 1/20
I really want to vomit the whole time I read this. Terrifyingly neat. and disturbing to no end. (You've warned me, I know).

Doesn't matter. I just hope for you to finish this, so us, the readers, will feel a closure at least. ;)
EnchantedUnicorn chapter 15 . 1/18
Please update. This is a very unique, interesting story. I like this Dudley, this coach, it adds a lot.
Karinta chapter 1 . 1/17
My lord. This is scary.
Phantom of the Tech Booth chapter 15 . 1/9
This is the best, most interesting and well-written story I've read in a LONG time. It's so refreshing to find a good (long) fanfic! I'm in love with the story, it makes my stomach twist and I just want to scream sometimes, but it is perfect in every way. You've done a remarkable job of weaving several things together over a lot of time (I especially enjoy the twins' slow understanding as each interaction progresses), and every chapter has something unexpected in it. Thanks for everything so far (I spent a lot of time at work hiding and reading today!), I hope you can update soon!
1,960 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »