Reviews for Catechism
Bruh chapter 16 . 7/21
Bruh, this hasn't updated in three years. BRUH, I've been bamboozled again.
JustADamFrenchFr chapter 16 . 7/4
Why'd it have to get put away on this chapter? Aw...
This is so incredibly amazing and I've had the most excellent afternoon/evening reading it all. Good job!
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 8 . 6/16
Harry would hace thrown up adter the meal anyway. As a habit.

Trust me. I'm speaking from a background of once having thought throwing up food was a good diet plan. Every time I got remotly close to 80% full or more, my body told me I needed to throw up, whether I intended to or not.

And Harry would not fight the impulse. At all. Seeing as he fundementaly believes he doesn't deserve it. Feeling full might not be physically uncomfortable, but when you're not used to it, you'll feel bloated and slightly natious. And Harry would respond by throwing up, because that's the only way he know how to deal with it.

Children are such malable creatures. The first idea they are told sticks.

If a caregiver tells them the sky is gree when they're 3, NOTHING anyone says, does, or even blantantly proves can make them believe otherwise. Not even seeing the sky is blue and matching the color everyone agrees is blue. The kid will make up an excuse for it, use the shade or convince himself he's colorblind to hold onto his belief. And every tiny ting that proves it to be green -even bullying or obvious lies- will comfirm it more for him.

The "Comfirmation Bias" and general resistance to change is very interesting study.

In abused children, especially those raised in a Cult (if you're curious you have to ask, I forgot the name of the so-called 'female mesiah" woman who did that) it is particularly sad. Because they'll be damaged for life.

Damages in early childhood can never be repared. At best, the person can be taught to live with it. But ONLY if said person;
1. Admits he has a problem. (Which require the belief he has the RIGHT to have a problem. Which require self esteem, self worth, and a change of beliefs for Harry.)
2. That the WANT help. (Which most people refuse because it make them feel weak and pathetic.)
And, more importantly for Harry
3. Accepts that the people whom taught him that does NOT love him.

And consider children of abusive parents will do ANYTHING to protect their parents, no matter how bad they are, even if they claim to hate the child, and Harry's ENTIER self-worth and happiness (meagre tho it is, he treasures it) is BASED on the lies from the dursley's being true, I'd say that would happen somewhere between "Never" and "When Hell freezes over and becomes the new heaven".

That aside, I do like your fic alot. And I hope you keep writing. _
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 7 . 6/15
The sorting har is a sneaky bastard. Lol
Must be his Slytherin bits.

The dursley's forgot THAT.

However, YOU forget that every time Harry does something "bad", he feels more guilt. And that will keep building. Sleeping in a bed, even if he is forced to, will increase it, make it unbearable.

He WILL self-punish. Or commit suicide. No ifs or buts about it. Not with his mindset.

The sorting hat may help him get physically healthier, but it will backfire mentally. Tenfolds.

I keep my fingers crossed you already know this and is just waiting for the moment to let him snap.

You DO write so VERY well.
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 6 . 6/15
I am suprised Harry has not yet started to punish HIMSELF. Inflicting pain on himself and hiding it in some way.

When humans feel they are being bad, they feel guilty. When someone punish them, the guilt goes away, because they got their well-deserved punishment in a sort of "cleansing" process.

There is a REASON certain religious people self-flagate. When nobody will punish them, they feel beyond aweful.

I've never experienced it myself, but from what I've heard and read, guilt and shame are THE two most HORRIBLE feelings a person can experience. And most people would do ANYTHING to make it stop. Even kill themselves if it gets too much.

(Like some rape-victims have done. They can't live with how "dirty" they are. More common if they were virgins under a religion saying girls are to blame for the loss of their virginity, regardless of choice.)

Or he'd make Filch's sadistic side happy by asking him to punish him and promise he won't tell anyone...tho that is risky, so I duknow if he'd risk it...

I'm also suprised he's not terrifyed of everything magical. The way overly superstitious people who watch horror movies are. Although I suppose the dursley's might have focused purely on the shame aspect. But they made a mistake if they didn't make him scared shitless of magic.
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 3 . 6/15
I LOVE this fic!

It is so heartbreakingly realistic thus far that even -I- would struggle to find any flaws with it! (And, bealive me, I nitpick ALOT. Especially on an area I have studied as much and for as many years as psychology.)

I don't know how old this fic is, but I halfway expect Harry to be an Obscurus, or close to it. He certantly fits the bill. If he even CAN access his magic it would be nothing short of a miracle.

I DO wonder why you chose to have Snape come fetch him, rather than Hagrid. But I realize that that particular change-out COULD be caused by the fact that mrs Figgs have never seen him outside, and so raised suspicions.

Harry will never be able to feel magic as a wonderful thing now. The best case scenario is that -after years of psychotherapy- he'll come to accept it. Rather than hate and fear it.

I look forward to see how he will work at Hogwarts with a mind that is taught to hate and fear magic and those whom embrace it.

It's bound to be similar to an amish person whom was dragged to Las Vegas by self-proclaimed devil-worshippers... but worse, as said religious person also believes himself to already be bad, and that feeling good IS bad.

Then again, everyone knows that Sinning feels good. If it didn't feel so good it wouldn't be so tempting.

Oh! Now I want to watch the Mary May...something cult movie I just got. Lol. I bet Harry's experiences can be likend to hers, only much worse. (She does try to escape, only to realize how scary the world is and how little she fits in there, which makes her try to run back to them. Even when she wants to escape.)

I love psychology. It's such a fascinating study.
And if you ever get stomped on anything, feel free to ask. I usually know how just about any character I have psychoanalyzed will logically react to just about anything. _

...I hope college libraries opens again soon... I need some books on the topic I have not already read. (And London HAS to have a better selection on the topic than the three other towns I've lived in and exhausted the libraries in before.)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the rest of it is as wickedly realistic as this.

Keep up the amazingly beautiful tragedy and awe-inspiring work! _
Aurelian16 chapter 16 . 6/6
This was so intense, so gripping, and so so so worth reading! The premise had me wary but hooked, and I think you executed the abuse and the subsequent effects on Harry’s development astonishingly well. I loved how protective the twins were, and seeing Dudley turn around. After the potions accident, I was reading with the idea that being sent back to the Dursleys was a dream Harry had in a coma or something, but the way you used it to lead to the reveal was great. My one complaint was that the Vernon and Petunia got a far quicker end than they deserved. Anyway, I really hope that you can update soon because I’m a bit desperate for more. I want to see the ramifications of Harry’s attempt in Ch. 15, and I would love to see more of Snape in this story. It would be especially amazing if we could read from his perspective, expand on his thoughts on how the Dursleys treated Lily’s son. Wherever you decide to take this, you’re an amazing writer and I hope you can give us more soon! Thank you for writing this!
Sleepy Owlette chapter 16 . 5/16
From the beginning I was like "I hate this. This premise, this horrible abuse and everything why am I reading this?" But it's so well written and the twins are great and by this point *They've* learned what's up and things are getting worse and I just *need more*. It's been a long while since you last updated but considering when this piece was started, maybe time is all that is needed -certainly not for Harry though. Oh no. Oh boy...-.
Phrin chapter 2 . 5/14
This is a might bit fucked up mate, but it's why I'm here I suppose
Macy chapter 16 . 4/29
Hey so its been like 3 years... im guessing youre not planning on finishing this?
Katie chapter 16 . 4/22
R u still continuing
Most pitiable and intense abuse I've read
HoneyBear84 chapter 16 . 3/9
Seriously hope you will start updating it again someday soon
Any chance you’re still writing this? Just stumbled upon it and I really enjoyed it! Don’t leave me hanging!
2,212 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »