Reviews for The Philosopher's Stone Retransmuted
Ggod stuff so far, but the hermiony stuff irks me, shes judging and harrassing ron just as much but nobody cares.
Murkglow chapter 24 . 2/8
Obviously this review is so far after the fact that it's comical but I just had to ask...

Why in god's name does everyone accept Dumbledore's excuse for him having to return to the Dursley's? Really I can't for the life of me understand it. The logic is so poor it is instantly immersion breaking. This story goes much further than the original in its abuse (from "only" emotional/mental abuse to emotional/mental abuse plus *extreme* physical abuse) so he really is in potentially life threatening danger by returning there and it's hardly something any of them would just shrug and accept (even from Dumbledore). And even if they did stop physically abusing him (the emotional/mental abuse cannot be stopped), Harry would still be tormented by constant reminders of the savage physical abuse he suffered. Andi and especially Tonks would/should fight this tooth and nail and it kills the story that they don't.

Dumbledore's excuse is that he must be there for the wards there to remain functional but at no point do we really see any reason why these wards matter or serve any really purpose, at all. Likewise one assumes Andromeda's house has at least some amount of warding. If her wards are not good enough protection then what's stopping Voldy or his DEs from taking over Andi and/or Tonks and killing him anyway (either when he visits or when he's living there after his mandatory stay)? To then go on to say he only has to be there for three weeks minimum (because you know he won't be there any longer than that if he can help it) just further begs the question of what purpose these wards really serve. Why bother keeping them if he's only going to be there part of the summer (and even then not there all day as he'll be playing with Tonks during the day one imagines). It's just mind boggling, really it is.

Honestly it makes Dumbledore look intentionally and unequivocally evil and Andi either a mindless Dumbledore worshiper or incompetent (which this story didn't seem like it was trying to say about her). Well that or it is a pretty transparent means of forcing certain parts of the second book into existence (when they logically should be different and/or could be rewritten to work without the Dursley's anyway...). Either way this is probably the biggest complaint I have with this story. My only other issue is that Leon was an unnecessary OC inclusion (just use Hermione in his spot and the story works just as well, if not better) but he isn't a terrible issue or anything, just an unnecessary distraction.
LetsSeeIfICanDoThisToo chapter 24 . 11/24/2016
The writing is dine however, the stories only unique selling point is harry being a metamorphmagus. This is only briefly touched upon as training and goes no further that turning his eyes blue once..,. The rest story is extremely canon with just a diffrent set of friends... it honestly did not warrent the time spend reading the whole thing for the minute changes that had been made.
LetsSeeIfICanDoThisToo chapter 17 . 11/24/2016
Please dont tell me you forgot his metamorphing...
LetsSeeIfICanDoThisToo chapter 14 . 11/24/2016
Thank god, 14 chapters of waiting for him 2 shapeshift jist the color of his eyes lighter or darker was a terribly long wait. I hope it truly does pick up now
Guest chapter 9 . 10/3/2016
Great story so far but many things different to canon, which is to be expected from a story older than some books of the series

Also to those reviewing/wondering why the story is canon it did come out before some books so not all things are canon
ladyres chapter 8 . 10/3/2016
Andromeda was a Slytherin where the heck is tonks dad and why doesn't tonks know her cousin
Meteoricshipyards chapter 20 . 9/8/2016
Nice re-telling. Tonks doesn't seem very Ravenclaw, though. She does liven things up more than Ron or Hermione. And Leon seems sort of vampirish to me. I'll have to see if his secrets become apparent in the next story.

One thing - back at Halloween, you mentioned that no one had a troll chase. I had to smile, because I did that in Luna's Hubby.

Thanks for the story.

Tom A.
vmcclure2 chapter 6 . 8/24/2016
So, I assume there is no Ted Tonks, nor any blood relation between Andromeda & Marissa?
Still good despite that.
Azaira chapter 3 . 7/31/2016
I don't know, but the story feels, off, somehow.
Maybe it's Andromeda going straight to Albus? Maybe it's Albus actually paying attention to something about Harry's home life, instead of brushing it off? Actually, wouldn't he be more worried about someone finding Harry's home than anything else? I don't really know. It's like there's a bunch of tiny little pieces jumbling the story, and I don't really know what or why. Of course it's AU, so it's not like it matters much.
Jimbocous chapter 23 . 7/24/2016
Thanks for a great (re)read! Nicely done ...
SortingHat chapter 8 . 7/9/2016
Oh I just realized this is from 2004! Never mind my postings. Damn you Google for only showing old results!
SortingHat chapter 7 . 7/9/2016
This is a bit too canon. I like it when stories stretch out and fill in gaps or explain things like *Why Harry doesn't have his own key* kind of thing which leads to other questions.
SortingHat chapter 6 . 7/9/2016
The story is pretty good in this fic but to summarize it Harry getting over his abusive situation so easy is not realistic at all with no checkovers and no legal action or anything.

Sorry but it wouldn't be brushed off as easy as this. No matter how good of a writer you are.
SortingHat chapter 4 . 7/9/2016
In today's politically correct society that abrupt stop on the gringotts cart ride would've resulted in a over ridiculous lawsuit much more expensive then the cost of healing Harry's forehead or giving him a potion to reduce the pain or both.

Then warning signs will have to be labeled in and around the cart plus the whole track being redesigned for slower speeds resulting in a major cost overall forcing goblin interest rates go up for everybody who uses the bank.

In the end everybody loses and you live in a fearful society that pretends nothing is wrong.

The media will hang onto the victims every word like the hot coffee Mcdonalds lawsuit.