Reviews for Hydro
Frog1 chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
This is great! Though I do wish you included the conversation (the one you hinted at) that Stephen and Sarah had at the Cobalt Club.
Scarlet chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
As the co-author, I just wanted to leave a note to say thanks to Stephensmat for a wonderful writing partnership that's almost three years old (can you believe it? wow...). It's a lot of fun to write these stories, almost as much fun to see people enjoying them. Partner, you're the greatest...thanks!
KrystalB2003 chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Oh, another story! Thank you!

I still need to go through and add a few more reviews to some of my favorite stories in this series. This is the kind of series that you read once, read again (and again), and weeks later you're still thinking about them and wishing someone would buy up the movie rights! Action, great humor, suspense, and just the writing style in general . . . everything's about as perfect as any reader could hope for. I didn't even know who The Shadow was going into these, but you're going to turn me into one of his biggest fans just with this series!

As for this story in particular: I love it! I'm very glad we got a chance to see more of Sarah. She was introduced so close to the end of the series (that's been published so far, anway), that I was afraid her debut was going to be her last!

Oh, Hydroman. Poor hopeful, demented supervillian. If only things were as simple as finding the elder Cranston, to get to the younger Cranston, to get to Parker, to take him out, to be reunited with "his love." I almost feel sorry for the guy! If only he knew. . .

Again (as if I haven't stressed it enough), great job, and keep writing! It's been a real pleasure!
Moonbeam's Predilections chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
'All righty then.' ;) Nice to see you back writing more Spidey/Shadow stories! I've missed them. Oh, and you too, of course. :)

There was some fun dialogue in this one, a couple of really great lines - like Sarah's "He knows karate, jujitsu, and twelve other Japanese words", which made me snort milk up my nose, thankyouverymuch. ::mock glares:: Though my favorite bit was Spidey and Shadow's AmericanExpress knockoff near the end. Almost - but not quite! - enough to make up for having denied me quality Spidey/Shadow banter throughout the majority of the story by keeping them apart. (Really, who needs a plot? You know listening to them bounce witty remarks off each other is the best part of all these stories. What? You mean you actually have to have them *doing* something? But it takes valuable time away from the snark! I *like* the snark! ::pouts::)

But as long as we're speaking of the plot, nice twist throwing Eddie Brock into it. Might I hope a visit from Venom is somewhere on the horizon? ::claps hands gleefully:: Cuz that'd be quite welcome. Yes, yes, yes! :D
jjonahjameson chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Hey, this editor's really glad there's another Shadow/Spiderman crossover out there! Hooray, you're back!