Reviews for Against the Waves
Thirteen Songbirds chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
That was GREAT! So sad, though. Wonderfully written.
Finch chapter 1 . 8/31/2004
Beautifully written, moving and sad. I liked your portrayal of Feanor's sons, especially Maglor. The might-have-been element was handled well, and if you take this to a metaphorical level (Maglor's chance of happiness destroyed by the Oath), it doesn't matter if some elements are perhaps not quite canonical.
Roisin Dubh chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
I like it a lot. Good rhythm and feel to this. It has been a LONG time since I've read the Silmarillion, so I don't remember a lot of detail from it... there are a few references I don't understand because of that, but you put just enough detail in to structure the story. I was able to follow what was going on w/o too much struggle (and that was merely from my own ignorance of story details, not because of your writing).

Very nicely done!
Elfique chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
wow go me! *dances* nice tale - canon fairly stuck to so : ) but I am pretty sure that in one of the histories it says maglor's wife stayed in Valinor. (hes mine anyhoo! heh)
Miriel Amarian chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Out of all the Seven sons of Feanor, Maglor probably did suffer the most. I think you characterized all seven of them perfectly, especially Maglor. And, I promise to leave him alone...as long as I get Maedhros ;)