Reviews for Harry Potter and the Battle of Wills
Sarunya chapter 51 . 8h ago
Dear Jocelyn and Mum,

I would give this amazing work a proper review right now, except that it's way past midnight and I'm completely bawling my eyes out. I'm completely awed at what you have come up with even before the release of The Half Blood Prince. I'm not exactly trusting my hands, or brain for that matter, to produce anything coherent to express that awe. Therefore, simply this: Thank you for your work. Thank you for your efforts. Thank you for allowing us a peak into your limitless imagination. Thank you for giving these characters a soul. Thank you for voicing their stories in the way you have done. To me, it was a journey of snorts of laughter and tears of loss. I can only begin to imagine what it must have been like for you. Therefore, I thank you.

Sincerely,

Sarunya
szw5009 chapter 51 . 3/26
Awesome read. Thanks!
SnowFox1988 chapter 51 . 3/24
I don't even know if you will see this but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this story! I rarely find fanfics that I absolutely love but this is one! The way you wrote the emotional scenes really hit me where it hurts! Lol I don't know how many times I had to set down my tablet to wipe my eyes so I could continue reading, but in my opinion that's the best compliment to a writer. Well done.
thingsthatmakeme chapter 2 . 3/15
HOLY CRAP THIS IS AMAZING! I can't wait to read more!
Fabulous story!
Brilliant chapter! I cried three times.
lmo24 chapter 1 . 3/3
I started this fic back when harry &co were recently returned from America. (I was in DC for vacation at the time and loved being able see what you were writing about) I really liked your work but I lost your story and couldn't find it again. Two days ago I found this again and it blew my mind away. Your writing style improved so much by the end. It is an amazing au. You kept the characters to canon in an amazing way. The storyline didn't seem forced or implausible. I love that Snape and harry reached an accord without getting too sappy or just ooc. Thank you and your mom for the amazing work you did and put into this.
Writer's-BlockDP chapter 51 . 2/26
Wow, talk about an emotional roller coaster. I just found this and spent the last day and a half reading it, and I can't believe how quickly I went back and forth between cracking up and crying. The anger and sarcasm from the characters was spot-on, plus their love for each other and the struggle to understand and forgive each other. Your first epilogue chapter was fantastic; I loved what you did by telling it through news articles and letters. I spent half of that last one crying too. You guys did a great job, and I look forward to rereading this in the future.
hisnhers chapter 14 . 2/20
-sniff- how sweet.

-his
Rory O'Kane chapter 45 . 2/9
The timeskip in here is really weird. It doesn’t feel right to go through 3/4 of a school year in one chapter, while all previous chapters have covered no longer than a month of activity. And the only thing described about this long time period is people's holiday activities and their relationship with Malfoy. What about school? Doesn't Harry get in trouble or something, like he always does? Maybe an argument with a classmate with a grudge, or discovery of why the curse on the DADA position has stopped working, or a Death Eater attack that puts people at risk? It doesn't feel right for Voldemort and the Death Eaters to try nothing significant for eight whole months.

Still, I liked the rest of the story so far, so I can overlook it and try to pretend that this chapter was actually eight months of interesting events. The rest of the story will probably still be good. This timeskip just seems like a missed opportunity.
Shiroi Ichigo-chan chapter 51 . 1/28
Wow. I can't believe it's finally over. I've been reading this for the past two days and I swear I couldn't put it down. Seeing Snape change so much as he taught Harry was so fascinating and I was so happy. I've cried reading this story, I have roared with laughter and cried out in frustration. In the end, there was only satisfaction and lots of sobbing.

Remus and Draco dying was probably one of the worst. And after all the torture and pain Harry's been through, I am so happy he got the happy ending he deserved. I am immensely grateful to you for writing this. Hats of to both of you.
feathersfromaphoenix chapter 51 . 1/25
NOOOO NOT GHE END NO NO NO
feathersfromaphoenix chapter 48 . 1/25
Ron's reaction to Harry's "death" almost made me cry. This fanfic is amazing and I know that I'm about ten years late in reviewing but I want you to know that you two are the best mother/daughter team ever. Love it.
Maddy Love Castiel chapter 51 . 1/25
Thank you for writing such a wonderful, brilliant, and heartbreakingly beautiful story. Not only do I applaud the characters and plot but also the pure emotion you both but into this story. It's by far the best Harry Potter story I've read.

Being a huge Severus Snape fan I also very much enjoyed how you wrote him. You didn't immediately change his feelings towards Harry and not even to the extent of being unreal. You kept him perfectly in character. Very well done! Though the end made me cry ( as I did often throughout this brilliant story) it was a lovely ending. Thank you so much for writing this story and sharing it with all of us readers. I enjoyed it immensely. :-)

Maddy
Dark Goddess Mystic Fyre chapter 51 . 1/5
This was absolutely gorgeous.

I adored the way you portrayed Harry reacting to the stresses in the war, as not many people have gone down this particular route. I've seen some reviews with the opinion that he should have handled it better or matured faster under the circumstances, but a simple fact is not everyone can do so in situations where they have little to no control. This is especially true considering his age, the frequency and scale of the terrors we've been shown, not to mention the hefty neglect in Harry's childhood and any issues resulting from that.

I also have to praise you highly for the way Harry and Ginny end up together as in canon Ginny seems to be a two dimensional character who out of the blue explodes into a major aspect of the book. You didn't all of a sudden introduce her and show an unhealthy infatuation between them. It was very natural, and since Harry already went through the nasty episode where he thought he had to 'go it alone' he didn't try to sideline her for her safekeeping.
The ending was heart wrenching yet strangely satisfying and I will now go check out your other works.

Thank you.