Reviews for It's Not Personal
BrownOwlet chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
I really love this, it's original and really good!
Also makes me sad, though...I want a jarvey now
Guest chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
Very cute!
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
loved it
Doomsought chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
That is a truly original little fan-fiction. I like it a great deal.
yllom21 chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
Interesting! I liked how you used minor charecters and I love the creativity. Wonderful!
TheLittleFreak chapter 1 . 8/19/2004
this is SO going on my fave stories list.

a funny and refreshing look at a Hogwarts class, which most stories seem to neglect(probably because JK's got 'em covered too well already). The concept of Jarveys picking up on insecurities is quite an original thought-I commend you for going through the trouble of making it good.

i'd love to know what it would say about other people(say, Ron). Maybe it could escape...

Although Lee would probably let it loose before it got a chance to try...
Pineapple Queen1 chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
Got here from the review challenge at SQ, and am very glad I did.

This was hilarious, as usual. I love your Jarvey-he's cute. The insults were funny, as were the reactions (especially Angelina's and Lee's.) I also like how you portrayed the Slytherins. They're not as brutal as they are in Trio vs. Malfoy conflicts, but they're close. ) I also liked McGonagall's reaction to the Jarvey in the staffroom-I laughed when I got that mental image.

All in all, excellent story. Are you posting this at SQ?

-Pineapple Queen
Frankie Beeblebrox I'm just being lazy chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
Oh, you've done it again. I almost sprayed water all over my monitor when I read this one, dear. I am assuming it's set at the beginning of OotP, which would explain G-P teaching. Okay, for an in depth analysis. . .

I love the intro to this. Having the Jarvey snore was a great little addition, and I really enjoyed Lee's antics with Alicia in the class. Very in character on both parts, I think.

I also like how you have representation from all the houses, as I would assume a NEWT level class would have. It did seem odd to me that so many Slytherin's would the class, but that could just be me thinking of Draco's reaction to this (heh). I did like the ribbing Pucey gave to Portia, but I think he might have let a comment like that slide for one of his fellow house mates. Had anyone else said it, I can definitely see it though. My other quibble is how Lee knew the Jarvey was a mouthy little bugger if he didn't know it could talk. Then again, he could have remembered when Portia jogged his memory, so, eh.

I LOVE the Jarvey. I think you did a great job coming up with fitting insults for each member of the class. That was an interesting turn you gave, having it be almost like a cute, fuzzy Boggart. I would never have thought of it, but it works amazingly well. It's also quite interesting to see what everyone's greatest insecurities are. Very nice touch there. I also really enjoyed how you had the Jarvey really *enjoying* himself and liking insulting the others. It really reminded me of a small child who keeps swearing because his parents laughed the last time he did it. I also really enjoyed how G-P took everything with a grain of salt. Very nice characterization of her there, showing subtly that she really DOES know her stuff.

All in all, this was wonderful, but you know my opinion on your writing by now. ;-) I *wish* I knew what the Jarvey said to Snape!

This is going up on the SQ Review Challenge, so I hope it helps with the reviews.
Mae Ari chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
'lo. Tis I, onlylonely, and I had ventured from your siggy to here!

Enough silliness, while I am still sane. My critique is that you did not explain what their usefulness was so... that left me kinda wondering. The name Jarvey is cute, although it would probably kick me in the shins for saying that. The information on Jarveys is still lacking, like: Do they all speak certain insults? Do their insults change from place and do they know what is the most offending term to use on certain people? etc., etc.

Either that or I'm looking too much into it.

On a brighter note, I like the characters you brought up. I like Lee (never thought of him short before... I know the Jarvey was trying to annoy him but maybe he IS short? Like Harry? Hmm... Midget white boy in dreadlocks) and the OCs. They sound like a typical Slytherin-Gryffindor class that doesn't have the Trio-Malfoy thing going on.

Er... also, another thing that just jumped into my mind. If the twins aren't there (assuming they had left already) wouldn't Hagrid be there instead of Grubbly-Plank?
Liv Alyttle chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
*giggle!squee* I love jarveys. Nice job here.
InkWick chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
OH! That was fabulous! LOL. I was laughing so hard I think Pepsi came out my nose. And, while this is an over-share, the funny thing is... I havn't got any Pepsi... ANYWAYS!

Loved, we did. Absolutely helarious, and written well for a one-shot. Good work!