Reviews for Out There
Loneraven chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
Wow. This was quite the beautiful one shot. I loved it. I am a fan of Lorna and Bobby myself and its rare to find fics about those two. Good work.
Dead Head chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
I'll be honest and admit i'm not a fan of Bobby or Lorna, either by themselves or as a couple. nevertheless, you have painted great portrayals of them that /almost/ make me want to change my mind. you are certainly a very mature writer, able to probe into character's minds with little effort. nice play on rogue and gambit as well. great work.
angyxoxo chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
First of all, I thought that was a simply lovely one-shot despite the content of the story. I'm not a huge shipper for Lorna/Bobby since i like to live in my little made-up world where Bobby's with the White Queen. Nonetheless, your story is starting to make me sway the other way... and I would have never if it wasn't for the brilliance of this story.

I love your writing because of the simplicity of the words. The way it flows and the sometimes short sentences really makes me more connected somehow. It's easier to feel these emotions and it's easier to relate to them. The way you write your observances and how you capture every day life into this story makes this even more real and helps the reader understands so much better. I simply applaud you for that. You have a real niche for not only drawing the reader in so easily, but actually making the reader feel all the emotions these characters are going through without the complexity and overuse of difficult words. So very talented, dearie!

And poor Bobby. You can really feel his desperation and his heart ache. And Lorna and her insecurities, where she'd rather be in a beaten relationship then lay her heart out on the line. I can relate to that. The fear of becoming dependent on someone... the fear of loving someone... I like how you written that in. Everyone thinks that the idea of love is wanted by everyone, but not many realizes that the emotions and feelings are so powerful that sometimes, it emotes fear into people. And fear is something that can be stronger than love since, fear will forever haunt you in the underlining of everything. Excellent portrayal of that idea.

And... have to say that I almost didn't catch the Rose and the blind guy bit... almost slipped right by me up until the blind guy said that oh so familiar word.. "chere". Have to say that it was immensely clever and i enjoyed it a lot!

As for your ponderance of whether or not you should continue this. By itself, i think it's a really moving and powerful piece. however, if you continue this... i'm not quite sure it will still sustain that strong emotion. But, i have to say that i am rather curious to see how you can continue this because you never cease to amaze me with the unconventional storylines that you do come up with. So, I guess my suggestion is, is that if that muse comes along and urge you to continue it, then do it. Otherwise, this is a marvelous piece, extremely well-written, and you should be proud of yourself!

much love *muah*,

angy
Ludi chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
This was beautiful, lyric, subtly moving. In a way I'm glad you wrote a Lorna/Bobby one-shot, because it gives a break from all the passionate Romy hoohah (like I can talk). The relationship is an interesting one to write about because it's unrequited - you really capture the desperation and dejection on Bobby's part, and on the other hand, Lorna's reluctance to accept his love. The way you've described their dilemma, their impasse, really hits home to me, because I've been in a similar situation myself, and the way you've written their characters is so *true* to the way I've experienced them that it just feels so *close* that it's truly uncanny. So I must say, this piece affected me quite a lot.

Sometimes it's frightening to be close to someone.

One thing I must say I love about your writing style. Its subtlty. You have a great flair for that, and it's good, because its never grand or ostentatious, yet it still manages to hit the spot where the reader is most affected simply by being subtle and using undercurrents. It still amazes me that you have such talent...If I had written half as well as that when I was your age, I would have been proud. You capture life as it happens and you don't embellish it, and simple though that may sound, it takes a lot of skill.

Oh, and one more thing I liked. Rose and the blind guy. Rose and the blind guy, eh? Just to let you know, that one didn't slip me by. ;) Nice juxtaposition against the Bobby/Lorna relationship. Personally, I don't know whether you should write more on this. IMHO, it has more punch as a one-shot. I think to write anymore would take away some of that power. I say, keep it as it is, but that's just me. Loved it. It's going straight into my faves list. -
Sweety8587 chapter 1 . 8/15/2004
Wow. That got me right there *taps over her heart* You'll be turning me into a bobby/lorna fan if y' keep posting up such fics.

A lovely one She. Simply lovely. :) The pink roses. Im glad he didnt get orange or yellow. Purple might have been nice but even I know they're very rare.

Poor Bobby *pats him on the shoulder*
Alyxandria chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
WOW! This is insanely powerful. I can't believe how much emotion you have packed into such a short story. The details were great. Like the whole "state capitol" thing and how Bobby got the street musician to play the Beatles. Wonderful details that really brought the story to life. This fic is lovely as a one-shot, but I certainly wouldn't complain if you decided to write more. Keep up the outstanding work. :)