Reviews for To Protect Him
Dannyblue chapter 2 . 8/23/2004
Whoa, this is a great beginning! Two excellent chapters. I love Polly. And your Wyatt is so complex, and interesting. And I always love Chris. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
sailorwind chapter 2 . 8/23/2004
I really liked all the Polly/Chris interaction in this chapter. Now I'm all curious as to who Polly's father is cause I can't think of any demons Phoebe's dated this year unless Jason was a demon and no one knew it. Keep up the good work! I can't wait to read the next installment!
sailorwind chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
Great first chapter! You're doing a really good job of developing Polly.
Taynna chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
i'm generally wary of original characters as a rule, but i think that this one has potential - especially if you make sure that you keep her 'three-dimensional'. the biggest trap with OCs is to forget to give them character flaws. give her an annoying habit or create a persistent personality conflict with another character, it doesn't have to be overwhelming (a good example is the way that Chris and Paige tended to snip at each other verbally, just because they were both too sarcastic for their own good), but it gives a reader a way to relate to the character on a real world level. with Polly, you may want to consider something as simple as not immediately resolving Chris' anger and resentment as a result of her not believing him earlier.

my only critique would probably be that it seemed much too easy for Polly to get the time travel spell - if it were that simple, wouldn't Wyatt have thought of something similar?

that said (sorry for getting so wordy, sometimes i just can't help myself when i really get into a fic) i like this set up. it's not too far out of the reach of cannon as to make it ridiculous and the way you write Wyatt is dark but not over the top (a welcome change, i might add!). The dialogue between Wyatt and Polly is also very well written - dramatic but still believable.

also, i'm so happy to hear that you're still working on 'The Son' - i love the way you write Chris in that one!
jeps chapter 1 . 8/15/2004
more pleasehope chris & leo's relationship isn't mending too fast-i like some angst in these stories. i take it we will be seeing more of wyatt and what he's capable of?
rhia chapter 1 . 8/15/2004