Reviews for At the end of all things
EireVerde chapter 5 . 8/16/2004
Oh man, you should issue a warning at the beginning of this thing. I was feeling a little sick at the beginning chapter, and a LOT sick by the fifth chapter. Whew! I guess that's a compliment on how realistic your portrayal of cancer feels (to someone who's never had it, admittedly).

And the part about the needles is spot on: the actual pricking is not the painful part so much as the stuff that's IN the needle. Ouchies! Oh, thanks but no thanks for all that charming realism.

I actually went into this story thinking 'oh hey, I've already read a story with this exact summary, and it was damn good, this will probably be crap (because nobody gets that lucky with the same summary...and of course the first slash story after five Severitus' is always crap, that's a rule).'

You definitely changed my mind. Well done, and I can't wait to see it through...even if I will wait until I'm feeling better when I read the rest!
lethelynn chapter 5 . 8/16/2004
Very well written. I really like it so far. Please update soon.
alecatq chapter 5 . 8/15/2004
saddest thing i have every read. i am crying like a newborn. my family too has a history of cancer. Im going to visit my sick uncle this weekend. great. this story is fantastic. the whole snape harry thing threw me cause i wasnt even paying attention to that aspect of the story. my pillow is just soaked with tears. very good. you write so beautifully and with such passion. bravo.
cofaym chapter 1 . 8/15/2004
You have me about two seconds from crying. These first 5 chapters are amazing and so sad. A friend of my family's went through this last year with a 30% chance of survival - it was in all of her lymph glands... And now she's in remission. Anything is possible if you have someone supportive to help you through it and the will to survive. I can't wait to read more.
Rory chapter 5 . 8/15/2004
Oh.. this isn't the end, right?

Things aren't looking up at all for Harry. I can see how it'd be hard to stay positive when he's always so ill. Poor Harry. I do hope he pulls through all right.

Your story is very touching. I didn't find Harry to be all self absorbed or anything.. I could sympathize. The pace of the story is great (neither rushing nor dragging).

Thank you.

Ah, before I submit.. I liked your other stories too. Though I didn't leave reviews for them.. :) Don't remember why I didn't. I think maybe review function wasn't working that day or something.
Sky chapter 2 . 8/15/2004
Sounds like you have experience with this. I'm a Medical/Oncology nurse myself and have given chemotherapy many times. Our cancer patients mostly have leukemia and end up staying for many weeks. We get to know and love them and their familys. It's always hard when we lose one, which unfortunately happens more often than not.

You made me cry. (Not a critisism)
Danni chapter 5 . 8/15/2004
I love your story. It is great. I have not read a single story like yours yet. I hope that you continue the story all the way through.
momma-dar chapter 5 . 8/15/2004
This is a great story but please let Harry pull through this. I can't bear to see him die. Please update soon.
EmmelineK chapter 1 . 8/15/2004
.God. I LOVE your story! X3! It's absolutely wonderful! Please continue it! But what's going to happen to Harry? Will he survive! I'm anxiously waiting for more!
Jennifer chapter 1 . 8/15/2004
Congratulations on a generally well written and touching story. I normally do not review a story until it is completed, but I wanted to let you know that I appreciate your work thus far.(In regards to chapter reviews, I feel that that is best left to the author's editor/beta, as the story should be the author's and not the multitude of reader's). The characters are well written and developed within book/movie canon. You have given Snape a plausible reason for being less the "greasy git" and more human. The slow development of the Snape/Potter relationship is well done. The less slow pacing of the illness and the time flow is just right. The supporting characters and their reactions could be more fleshed out by including a sentence or two, especially Minerva and Albus. I thought that you had hit Herminone and Ron's personalities on the nose. Please continue this story a quickly as you can. I look forward to reading further chapters, regardless how it ends.

There is no need to reply to this review individually.

Jennifer
Kimi-sama chapter 5 . 8/15/2004
Holy crap! How could you end it there? You evil, evil being. I can't help but feel Harry is going to die because I've read a story where he was sick a year or so ago and he died there. I don't mind you do kill him off...alright I DO mind because I like happy endings and I want Snape and Harry to be happy. But if you want to end it the other way...I like sad endins too. It'll be a treat either way. I really hope you update quickly.
Alicia Marie Malfoy chapter 5 . 8/15/2004
I love this story! I have never had cancer before but I had to have one of those tube things put in my hand for testing. It's so sad. Will Harry live. By the sounds of it I don't think it is possible. If Harry does die how will Snape act. I hope that you update soon!
Skeet chapter 5 . 8/15/2004
Gods this is good but getting me really sad. I hope he's not going to die. Please don't let him die! Harry needs to be happy, he deserves it. Severus is really worried...when will he find out that Harry loves him?
703 | « Prev Page 1 .. 37 44 45 46 47