Reviews for Unction from a Mountebank
lydiaroseonwingsofsong chapter 4 . 4/3/2009
Interesting story fragment...
tomorrow4eva chapter 3 . 10/29/2007
Hi, I'm reviewing Chapter 3 because it won't let me review chapter 4 twice. You have a GREAT build up and start here. Please continue this fic. I think it has promise to be a really good story, with Action, Plotting, Chases, Great Escapes, a few Death Scenes, and a nice Wrap Up. :) I am really looking forward to reading the rest of it.
leftdio chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
Thanks for allow me to transalte your novel .The novel has been translated yet.

here's the forum's link

cybertron.

and here's my blog's link

leftdio.

thx again.
tomorrow4eva chapter 4 . 9/30/2007
Ah, a 'Get Rid of the Insane Leader' fic. :) I thought that psych-ward planet episode was interesting (in a wth kind of way). I've got you on Story Alert because I'm enjoying your story. Its well written and I want to know what Punch's plan is.
Majin DragoonDranzers Inferno chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
Your story is definetly one of my favourites! I loved the way you portrayed Galvatron and Cyclonus and the Decepticon's dire situation is becoming more and more believable now. You rock at describing and making up the scenes and I am hoping you'll update soon.

When it comes down to "angst" or "drama", you have got it down to a fine art and that's something to be proud of. Not many people can pull it off quite like you so well done! I tip my hat off to you (hell, you've surpassed my story "Numb" with the structure and the integrity of your story "Unction from a Mountebank" :D)! Keep writing, it's good stuff you've got going on here!

Jetstream, I thank you for your kind words and I have fine tuned "Numb" still a bit of bugs in it though (I chopped off the yaoi rating, heh, I was a bit of a novice about that).

But unfortunately, I couldn't think of an appropriate ending for "Paranoia" (damn writer's block) and after many months thinking, I've decided to get rid of it because it was unlikely that I'll ever be finishing it. It was hard but yeah...I don't know when I'll be resuming writing again.
Jetstream chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
This was truly impressive. You kill at angst stories! I recommend reading Paranoia and Numb by Majin Dragoon. She claims there's slight yaoi in them but I couldn't find anything serious in them even though I despise yaoi. They're still awesome stories though.

(Not trying to be rude, but I heard you detest people who can't/won't fix spelling & grammar errors. What if English isn't their first language? How can they fix the errors if they don't even know the language that well?) Hate me if you want to I just thought that was unfair.
Gemma Inkyboots chapter 3 . 10/19/2004
Wow. Oh, the 'boots likes... Rodimus' little comments were funny until you got to the rather more sinister snippet at the end, and I did like the flashbacklet with Cyclonus. Poor bunny.

I'd never thought about Galvatron's madness like that before - the 'succeeding because he has to' bit, I mean - and Soundwave not acknowledging his knowledge (ahh, you know what I mean...) was fitting. I was wavering over that bit a smidge, what I know from the comics fighting with the cartoon continuity, but I'm going with the cartoon since it's so GOOD.

And because Cyclonus in the comics (what I've seen of him, anyway) was horrible. ;) Now off to the 'Cell to read more... Write, Ali! Write till it hurts!
tarajcl chapter 3 . 10/16/2004
Still loving it. The way you describe everything is perfect and...sneaky Autobots! Do you know how difficult it is to find a really good fic with sneaky-but-not-too-sneaky Autobots in it? And...something truly incredible happened just now. I found myself feeling sorry for GALVATRON. Whose name I cursed and whose exoskeleton I wanted to mangle after what he did to Cyclonus. Now I feel horribly emotionally conflicted and ill-at-ease with the universe. Nice work.

Wish I could give fully-rounded commentary, but I honestly can't find anything wrong with it. Except...it's not finished yet! *cries, then goes to read it again*
Erica chapter 3 . 10/12/2004
Well, aside from chapters one and three being the same, it is an interesting take on the post-movie characters.

I've never particularly been a fan of the G2 transformers, but I find myself really enjoying your take on the dynamics of the Galvatron/Cyclonus relationship. Their relationship tended to be somewhat peculiar, but I never put much thought into it because I was rather young when I last saw any of the episodes.

I also love your description of what happens to Galvatron physically (the 'halo' effect) when he has attacks, as well as its effects on those around him. I believe you are the one who is writing the transformers physiology/medical piece, something else I find fascinating (it's good that I do, seeing as how it is a rather important aspect of my future profession.) Anyways, long story short, I'd like to see more of this sort of thing added to your fic, although I'm a weirdo, and probably in the minority on this.

Altogether, your fic is a great read. No horrible grammatical errors, misspellings, or any other atrocity that makes me want to tear out my hair. I like your characterizations, and the play between characters thus far.

And as if I haven't babbled enough, this line made me laugh: “Interesting,
tarajcl chapter 1 . 9/27/2004
Wow. *blinks* Wowwowwowwowwow. Galvatron's foaming-at-the-mouth madness is blood-chilling. *shivers* Almost as scary as the way that Cyclonus just keeps going back for more, the poor guy. Thus far, truly, truly incredible fic, like very, very much! *scuttles off to read second chapter*
LilTigre chapter 2 . 9/22/2004
Another chapter, and we get to see more insight into the 'Cons. I love how you've emphasized personality and given insight into Glavatron's madness. Looking forward to more!
Gromia chapter 2 . 9/22/2004
There isn't many fics from the POV of the Deceps so this is a change. Who could the watcher be? I have my suspicions but not saying anything yet. Keep it up and update soon, kay?
Philip Gipson chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
Wow, oh, wow. Your story is magnificent. Although short, your "Transformers" story, "Unicron from a Mountebank," is the best story in the universe. It's set directly during season 3 of the classic "TF" show. Dreamwave Productions is currently making "TF" comics - "Generation 1" and "Energon" [once "Armada"] - and Rhino Entertainment has several "TF" shows on DVD ("G1," "Beast Wars," and "Armada"). I would love it if you could write more "TF" stories set in the classic cartoon continuity. It appears to be your thing.
LilTigre chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
Wow. I've always liked Cyclonus, maybe because of his odd loyalties- and this fic captures his thoughts and feelings incredibly well. I'd love to see more written!
Moxie Thuringwethil chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
Wow... very promising start, and that's coming from someone who initially really resented the Deceps introduced in TF:TM (Scourge and Cyc because of who the writers killed to make way for them, Galvy... Starscream was and is my favorite. 'Nuff said.) Cyclonus in particular has been growing on me a bit since I returned to the fandom, and fic like this is why. Keep it up!