Reviews for Afterimage
M chapter 2 . 9/11
This chapter really set up the intro quite nicely. The flow was good and it kept me as a reader engaged.
I also really enjoyed the background setup and the real historical references interspersed in this chapter.
FloatingPizza chapter 9 . 3/11
Oh, my goodness, this story deserves a far more detailed review than I'm about to give, but let me say that that was brilliant! You took a wonderfully unique perspective and mined it for all it was worth, bringing a new angle to the Terminator series and composing a thoughtful, extremely nuanced and well-written complement to a wonderful franchise. Your story gave me nuclear winter shivers, just like the films do, and I could practically hear Fidel's dark, brooding soundtrack pulsing through the air as I read. Despite all that, you still managed to bring warmth and humor to an inherently grim story, much as T2 did, and your characterization of Stan was wonderful! I need to go back and review each chapter of this masterwork, but for now please know that you have another devoted reader who would love to see you bring a conclusion to this excellent story, if the mood ever strikes you!
chlorinehamster chapter 9 . 9/18/2010
Excellent chapter as always! I started reading this when I first came across it a while ago and remembered it recently. Can't wait for the next installment.
dragonwarlord chapter 9 . 2/19/2008
Please please PLEASE continue!

this story is really awesome! when it is finished (if it is finished I am going to put it on my favorite story list!
Mycroft chapter 9 . 2/3/2008
Wow, very nice story. It's interesting that your version of events has two people knowing the eventual fate of Kyle Reese.
Allison Lane chapter 9 . 1/17/2008
Holy shit. This, in a nutshell, is fucking awesome. I absolutely love that you've taken the films and put them in an entirely new perspective-that doesn't seem to happen too much, in any fandom, and I'm so glad that when it does, it's done by extremely talented writers. (Though I don't include myself in that description.)

If I understand correctly, is there going to be a final chapter? I think it would be nice to return to Stan's viewpoint in the future. Also I can only imagine the mental 'erk' he experienced when he finally met Kyle Reese, which means I'm about to go re-read the first chapter again-of course he had complete faith in Reese's ability to complete his mission, he already knew he had.

I think I'm going to add this to my panfandom ultimate fic recommendations list. :)
Yoda1976 chapter 9 . 2/9/2007
WOW!
Yoda1976 chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Excellant, I'm always interested in storys of the war.
Mat chapter 9 . 12/13/2006
Wow. The long-awaited chapter nine. In a word, gorgeous. I love the way you brought us right up to the events of T3 very smoothly. I hardly noticed where we were until it hit me. Very intelligent writing. I adored the scenes with Stan coming to terms with Judgment day, only for nothing to happen, and then the little 'packages' from Alex, such as Sarah's obituary, and the CRS Acquisition. Fantastic.

That was always one of the strengths with this fiction. Looking at the events of the films, and then some, from Stan's perspective. This was particulally effective in the scene where Stan goes to Sarah's tomb. I kept thinking, 'John will be standing right there in a few years'. (Lol, and I liked how you mentioned the date on the plaque ;-)

Bloody loved it. Need more soon!

Mat-101
Macri007 chapter 9 . 12/2/2006
Hi i am Justin,

I liked it a lot he can go were Sarah left off he teems up with John Kate and Terminator and try to save the world.

Justin
MizJoely chapter 8 . 7/21/2006
I started this story with some trepidation, but after skimming the reviews I decided to take a chance, and am I glad I did! I'm hoping more will be forthcoming; this is one of the freshest takes on the Terminator universe I've seen, with an engrossing glimpse into the inner workings of Cyberdyne and the events going on around Sarah and John Connor that helped make their hellish destinies come true. It certainly doesn't hurt that you have a great attention to detail and actually seem to care about things like grammar and spelling.
DarkNnoitra chapter 8 . 4/12/2006
Hi, zerofret!

I can barely wait for you post another chapter! Please make it soon, will ya!

Please, for Godness sake, don't stop writing this; it's so wonderful to read!

Terminator rules!

OFF: The real sad thing regarding T series is the fact Schwarzenegger won't perform any Terminator role in the 4th T_T
Ar-Zimraphel chapter 8 . 2/2/2006
As a life-long Terminator fan (well... since I was five years old, at least) I finally decided to check out the fandom on and yours was by far the best story of all of them. I adored every detail and your immaculate research. Just the sheer amount of accuracy and knowledge was a real comfort and very welcome after seeing the summaries of so many like "kate browster and john conner try to suvive after the nucler war and fall in love" Your well thought out, really-no other word for it-COOL story was a breath of fresh air. I'm sure all of us T-fans have wondered what it would be like to observe the story happening, and your idea-taking an existing character mentioned literally one time and thrusting him into the spotlight was genius. I thoroughly enjoyed every bit, and when I saw that it hadn't been update since last August, I must admit that I was really disappointed to see that it had been so long. You have a real gem on your hands, and I sincerely hope that you find the inspiration to keep going. Don't get discouraged at the small size of the fandom-I, at least, am a loyal fan of this story and I absolutely cannot wait for another installment is posted. Thanks so much for writing such an awesome (one of the only ones) story!
Macri007 chapter 8 . 8/14/2005
please continue
Jeff chapter 8 . 8/14/2005
Well you've certainly dropped Stan into corporate quicksand. Is he going to rebuild or go to ground and find the connors?