Reviews for For Want
Mysterious Prophetess chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
That last line was perfect

-MP
randomgirl chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
I give this story two thumbs up! Not too short, not too long, and just the right amount of humor and seriousness.
anemix chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Great and philisophical and a real reason that's not stupid. Yay!

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
MyReflectionWolfyahoo.com chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
OH MY GOD! this story is EPIC WIN! it made me laugh and I love how you gave seto some jokes and it felt like he was actually enjoying the conversation with Joey! - but that was an awesome story! I loved it -
LeonaWriter chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
'Act of God.' Even if it was true, it's still precious. Heh... Joey being all wise in front of Kaiba, and Kaiba actually *listening*? Wow. I liked it when Kaiba went ''...oh.'' It's not often you see him admitting he didn't know/get something.
anaraz chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
that was nice
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
This certainly gives a more human taste to Kaiba. And I like the side bit of humor. Keep writing!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
I loved the way Kaiba and Joey interacted. You kept the genial insults while allowing Joey to get through to Seto just a little. (the egg analogy was classic!)

When Seto gave the card to Joey, it showed that he'd learned a bit from their conversation, and the 'Act of God' line brought in just the right touch of humor.

Good job!
hercat chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
Good if short. Loved the punchline.
Ms Arano chapter 1 . 7/6/2005
Great story, can I add it to my C2?

Cathy ;
Kokiri chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
Wow I really liked this. You (or should I say, Joey :P) made a lot of good points, and low and behold, he actually got Kaiba to SEE! (Yeah, Kaiba's attitude to magic even when it's STARING HIM IN THE FACE kinda irks me from time to time...but hey, that's Kaiba.)

"But it is NOT gonna work on Yugi. And it doesn't work FOR Yugi. That's why he won't use the God Cards. It just wouldn't be... RIGHT for him."

Now that I've read this, I can see what you mean. And I think you're right. It's an interesting thought.

Also,you kept nicely to Kaiba and Joey's characters. Well done :)

A very nice introspective one shot _
SpectreVI chapter 1 . 10/25/2004
Fantastic work Ellen. THough that's no surprise at this point having read most of your other works.

The point of the poem(And I hope I get this right) is that everything has consiquences. No matter how insignificant the action it can have devastating effects.

Think about it like this. Your in the finals of a local TOurnament and you're dominating, it's the last round in the qualifiers of a single elimination tournament and you've lost once this match and so has your opponent. Your opponent attacks and wipes out your monsters and you draw nothing to help. next turn he draws summons and attacks with a BEWD. Now you were both at 1700/- a little and your opponent just laid into you with a BEWD. You lose, you're out of the Tournament. You check you next card. Magic Cylinder.

You'd have won if only for that one card.

All for the want of a Magic Cylinder.

Make sense?

Anubis should be happy. At least his name was unchanged. It's Osiris who should be pissed, think about his his dragon was renamed Slifer. After Roger Slifer the 4kids head producer and director of localization.
Titanium Gold chapter 1 . 9/19/2004
(grins) Haven't seen a fic this awesome since the Personality Conflicts series, EB. And by the way, you still left that unfinished by the looks of things.

Besides that off-topic point, this fic was... really well-done. What Joey mentioned about how Yugi always wins... it makes sense. It makes sense, it explains why Yugi never uses the Gods outside dueling the most powerful of opponents, and...

And it explains an unofficial defeat I suffered at the hands of a great rival of my own, but that's a tale for another day. Send me an email if ya wish to hear the details.

All in all, Ellen Brand, very good job... and here's hoping you'll continue your work. Your PR work's the king of its fandom, and your overall work's the best I've seen overall.

Keep on truckin', eh?
DarkShadowFlame chapter 1 . 8/30/2004
::estatic:: This was wonderful! _ Great job! Bravo! It was funny and touching all at the same time!

DSF
Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
Short, sweet, though I don't quite understand the significance of the poem. The story - the logic behind Joey's words - was good.