Reviews for When All That's Left is Stillness
Macavity the Mystery Cat chapter 1 . 8/19/2004
This is cool. The FP is done fairly well and IC (As much as IC can be with this type of introspection). Keep this coming. Its been a while since your last R/S.
dennisud chapter 1 . 8/19/2004
I like the idea of Rei contemplating her situation and it's lack of happiness and an obvious future.

She's pretty much IC outwardly, but that is what you wanted.

The introspection is what amny of us think of given her final actions when TI is initiated.

I hope you do continue this as fir one there aren't many Rei POV stories out there and two, I'd like to see your interpretation of Rei's thoughts and actions as this story develops!

dennisud
Cyber-Undead chapter 1 . 8/19/2004
Very well written. This conveyed Rei's most probable thoughts excellently. It would be cute if it was kept _
SoulFire4 chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
*zombie voice* All hail Random... all hail random...

Seriously though, your characterization was excellent as always. I could almost hear Rei's voice while reading, it was that believable. I'd love to see more of this.
MikoNoNyte chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
Random,

This is a very interesting (such a passe word) story. Coming as it does from Rei, the one character we don't know anything about until the end... and even then we are unsure of a lot of her motivations. It seems here, finally, she is putting a crack in the icy exterior - did you ever want her to just open her mouth and scream, or jump up and down like a regular child? I always felt a bit sorry for her, knowing something was not right in her world. I think your short piece not only shows that "wrongness" but shows her realization as well - her grasping for a change - directionless, but still with hope - in that one torn corner of an energy bar.

I think I like this one better than the few others I have read; don't know why, maybe it's Rei.
TimothyLim chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
i admit, i'm really interested in this fiction based off rei's point of view. Its to see a fiction that portrays Rei's thoughts and (lack of) emotions, in writing, because most fiction branches off and end up having Rei.. very un Rei like.

Shinji with somewhat of a spine adds more zeal to the good writing too, his way of projecting his life source to others.
deckman chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
An interesting beginning. I always am interested in a story from Rei's POV, since it is done less frequently than others. Have to wonder where her rage is coming from (there are so many possiblities). I for one will encourage you to continue this. Or possibly continue the diary you had going a few months ago.
QChronoD chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
WOW!... just totally wow!

I dont think that I've come across anyone depicting Rei like that. I love the way that you have her always questioning herself in her thoughts, completely opposite of how she acts on the outside.

Definately continue this one, if the rest is like the begining then it wil probably become one of my favorites.
Bolo chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
Always look forward to anything with your stamp on it.
Duke-of-Argyle chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
wow, i get to be your first reviewer for this story. Excellent chapter btw, rei isn't my favorite character, but she in definatly unique and interesting. I hope you decide to continue, even though with the amount of stories you are writing i imagine it is hard to find time. You have always been one of the best eva writers on , keep it up. -the duke-
Hououza chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
Agreed, quickedit remains a pain in the b'hind.

With regards to the chapter...I don't know exactly what to say. As always it is filled with the haunting nature that frequents your work, the words blending to form a picture of a different world.

It would be interesting to see you continue this as from what I have read so far it was moving and once again showed things in a way I had not seen them before.

Good luck & best wishes,

Hououza
Acidbuk chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
I liked it, it was very unique from Rei's POV. I think you should continue it even if its just for curiositys sake, to see where it leads. its really quite interesting tos see how Rei thinks and I'd love to read more.

Acid.

Buk'o'meter Pending posable finish.
Xardion chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
This fic is quite unique. Much like her.
208 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14