Reviews for When All That's Left is Stillness
Xardion chapter 12 . 10/18/2004
There is hope in this one though...
lawless priest chapter 12 . 10/18/2004
... I actually like this version, but the other with Asuka's visit and Hikari's reaction seemed had more closure, but since when did life really have closure and that's why I like this version.

nice work.

/priest/
Bolo chapter 12 . 10/17/2004
This ending I can understand more...
dennisud chapter 12 . 10/17/2004
What can be said as you so eloquently stated... the story writes itself.

I do hope though that through this you have given a romantic story a chance in the future.

I so miss the dramatic stories that come out with a chance of hope for the three children. I don't much care who goes with who as long as that hope is there and they after all they had gone through diserve a chance at a happy and contented life be it as friends or lovers.

I also finally applaud your group of works and appeal to you to write a novel as the skill shown here can IMHo point to a future in literature. Whether heady or cheeky it is there in front of you!

You should consider it!

dennisud
DamnGlitch chapter 12 . 10/17/2004
Arigato.
Civet chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
I agree that the original ending was better, and less forced. Even if you decide to keep this one, can you post the original ending as an alternate?
hyperbunniewabbit chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
nice
Xardion chapter 11 . 10/8/2004
It ended sooner than I thought, but otherwise good. For me, it's a coin toss between the original ending and alternate 2 (several coin tosses actually) In any case, great story. Keep up the great work.
DamnGlitch chapter 11 . 10/8/2004
:\

I liked the original ending, the one you posted some weeks ago better.

It felt cleaner, less forced. Whether or not the current one is or was is immaterial, because it feels that way. It seems almost as if Gendo pops up for a quick little "fuck you" to Rei before the end. He just sort of shows up. It doesn't feel right.

I think the current ending is... Much less satisfying than the original.

All that said, the alternate ends don't seem right at all, the one being choosen the end in chapter 11 being the best, which probably is why you chose it (duh).

TL;DR:

I liked the original, non-extended version best.
Gohan-Chan chapter 11 . 10/8/2004
this chapter was really good. the alternate endings were sad though. i'm glad you didn't use them as the real ending, cause at least in the real one, shinji and rei could get together
bmatsea chapter 11 . 10/7/2004
why end it here? well I'm not going to flame you for it. great story.
Priest chapter 11 . 10/7/2004
i like the ending you went with... but it leaves me wondering what happens next. dose Rei-chan excape? dose Shinji try to find out what is going on with her? that sort of thing. any way as a whole this was a very good story and i look forward to reading more of your stories. keep up the good work. Ja-ne (_)
Acidbuk chapter 11 . 10/7/2004
Excelent Random :) like you said it was the only logical way it could have gone seeing how Rei developed from the being she was to what she is by the end.

I can actually see Gendou doing more of what happened in Alternate ending 2 that the actually used ending perhaps because he could not handle Rei disobaying him though if that was After Dr akagi erm..did her thing then I can see why you pulled it _.

All around and excelent story but then I expect nothing less from a writer such as yourself :)

Buk'o'meter - 10/10
Hououza chapter 11 . 10/7/2004
Beautiful chapter, excellent story.

Good luck & best wishes,

Hououza
Kai chapter 1 . 10/7/2004
I'm one of those who am still not satisfied with the final ending. It's just so abrupt, like all of a sudden you strangled the life out of the story, that it doesn't feel like an ending at all. That said, though, I'd much prefer the one you have decided to use over your two alternatives. There's more substance in this one than just pure angst, which is what the other two amounted to. It brings a finality to Rei's change, and brings the story to a full circle. It's fitting.
208 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »