Reviews for When All That's Left is Stillness
windwingxs chapter 10 . 9/24/2004
Good thing for you that I hate knives. They show to much blood when in use. Beam cannons are a totally different story however... _ Anyway, thanks for letting us know that the ULTRA ANGST ENDING is no longer possible. It makes me feel better for some odd reason... Who knows, maybe I'm just a psyco freak who gets emotionally involved in other peoples stories. Update soon!

-windwingxs
Ethereal Snow chapter 10 . 9/24/2004
Wow...this was very well written. The way Rei sees the world differently now, Hikari's strenght, its all very well written! What Shinji did was very sweet...even added chocolates, hehe. Ah but I'm still worried about what would happen if Shinji ever found out the truth about Touji's death... and what's this about Hikari moving? O_O ack! at least I get your words of reassurance that the story will not end too angsty...although I have my doubts by the "too" part. Anyways, update soon!
Fagor chapter 10 . 9/24/2004
Touching is like a favorite food? Only you would think of that...

And Yay! Unintentional Asuka bashing! (Cough cough *anime red-heads are angry and bi-otchy* cough cough
soulless chapter 10 . 9/24/2004
random you ass, go update "touch'"

need more rei-chan *cough*h/b*cough*

update dammit, you ass
dennisud chapter 10 . 9/24/2004
That last line tells me that it's right before Rei's momentous finale.

Wonder how this change in emotions and caring will affect this. Course Random's known for unique endings!

dennisud
Pai927 chapter 9 . 9/23/2004
Despite what other reviewers say I believe this story is very realistic and the most accurate portrayal of Rei's personality and psyche that I am yet to read. Inner struggle, believable nature, angst-ridden, and yet seasoned with the romance I confess I am addicted to, this story combines all of the elements I look for in a story and gives me the most pleasurable read I have experienced in a long time.

I imagine it would be quite a task to write Evangelion fanfiction, but you make it look easy. _ My sincerest congrats. Please update it; reviewers are waiting.
Xardion chapter 9 . 9/22/2004
Geez. Talk about having a rough time. Will her strength help her through this, I wonder?
Ethereal Snow chapter 9 . 9/21/2004
wow...so depressing, yet it still captivates my intrest. This story is intriging, you have got to update soon. I like Rei, so its kind of hard to see her go through all this stuff...I like happy endings, but if this fic ends in angst, I'll still like it alot. Hopefully she will get a happy ending, kinda doubt it, but I really hope so! how much more chapters are you planning to write for this story anyways?

Well I'll be cheking in once in a while for and update, till then.
Greki chapter 9 . 9/18/2004
wow... awsome story! i really like it! keep up the good work!
Therum Thaldor chapter 9 . 9/16/2004
Look up leprosy to see some side-effects of the inability to sense touch. For example, if Rei gets a slight cut on that area, she could not know about it (due to not feeling the damage), and so it could get infected and require amputation, etc. Hardly likely to happen when Rei is constantly going to be in an environment that monitors her health, but you should make yourself aware of such things, if you aren't already. Rei would likely be made aware of this, so that she knows what precautions she has to follow (checking herself over quite often for injuries, etc.).

This can be neat, if you do a good job with it.
crazy-antman chapter 9 . 9/16/2004
Nice work!

Its emotional. And its really fascinating, the human mind.

I think I may never understand. But nonetheless, well done!
Cyber-Undead chapter 9 . 9/16/2004
Ever considered getting a job as Hideaki Anno's sidekick? Seriously, Rei's so well portrayed that, summed with all the angst, the whole "thing" is almost as in-canon as the series...

"...with three weeks down, thereā€™d probably be at least a couple days recuperation time..." Well, I've been in a deep-induced coma for ten days, and I spent twelve days in the hospital under observation and physio-teraphy to aid my muscles awake. Only in the last two days, did they tried to make me walk, and I needed support from a nurse and the doctor to do so. Actually, the nurse told me that I was faster than usual, for twenty-year olds... But, most likely, that was medical-psychological procedure... Still, after release, they told my parents to keep me sit at all times, for a month, though I could raise myself with no problems...

Awesome fic, really... I'm really curious though, as to where this is heading towards...
Midnight6 chapter 9 . 9/16/2004
Don't like angst. Never did. But I keep reading anyways, simply because it rings true.

I just occurs to me that "I don't like angst" is a weak reason to dismiss a piece of writing. I know I'd have regretted it if I hadn't read this story.

Oddly enough, even though we say we don't like it, angst, done well, leaves the reader with a far deeper impact that the other genres. Sure, we love the feeling of happy endings, but angst is kinda like the salt of our lives.

The feeling accompanying this story reminded me of the one I got watching Violinist of Hamelin. After a while, in this show, knows as one of the angstiest animes out there, you'd be screaming "give these people a break damn it!" when seeing what they go through.

Now to see what happens next.
QCD chapter 9 . 9/15/2004
Muscles actually deteriorate fairly quickly. I dont know about people in comas, but a friend of mine had ortho for a torn rotator cuff and finally got his arm out of the sling after about a month of not being able to do anything. When we last went to the gym he was only able to do about 1/4 to 1/2 the weight he had done previously, including his good arm and doing legs.
windwingxs chapter 9 . 9/15/2004
Damn... This is hard to read. Just like watching the last few episodes of Eva was hard. Well, what can I say? You warned me. Still, it's good.

-windwingxs