Reviews for Behind, Before, Within
WindStar chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
I really like all of your Kingdom hearts stories, and like your previous tales, this one is masterfully written and holds just the right amount of emotion in all places. very well done!
Chatterpie chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
If I could favourite this a thousand times, I would. And then gripe because I couldn't favourite it a thousand more. I seriously don't think I'm gonna be able to play KH again, just thinking of those poor little shadow-heartless...B'AWWWWW. Damn you. .
chibi heishi chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Wow. That's... that's sad, heartbreaking even, and I'm not entirely sure why. But this was very good.
Chayla Maznable chapter 1 . 2/8/2005
nice... _
Akaina chapter 1 . 1/3/2005
I think this is a great fic! The symbolism is weaved in perfectly, one could go very deep with this shedding of his clothes, of who he is etc.

I don't think he was very OOC either _ Good job! I also like your take on Kingdom hearts being that cold, desolate place. I never even considered the possibility that that place could be KH in DD/ASAS.

But I'm glad you know that's Riku with the cloth over his eyes, because I have a surprisingly hard time convincing the majority of people who don't believe this -_-

Overall, great fic
surestsmile chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
I love how you worked your own ideas into the gradual change that takes over Riku. There were little nuances you used in the fic that characterise Riku very well, and I think it's very unique. It's really very good.
Ruaki chapter 1 . 8/20/2004
Hm, although you say that it's partially satire against the redressing of the ridiculous fashion sense of the various KH characters (because really, Riku, it's so obvious your mother still dresses you), I can't help but wonder if there's a subconscious (or unconscious?) attempt to actually parallel the gradual shedding of Riku's clothes into the new outfit to the fact that Riku is losing his old self into this new persona (be it good, bad, or simply more mature)?

Even if not, I certainly enjoyed your story-I especially enjoyed the scene when Riku found the coat. Thank you for sharing your story with us!
Kryal chapter 1 . 8/19/2004
...Wow. This is very dark and very interesting. I find it particularly interesting that we both have written a story based on a clothing change, and yet gone about it from such completely different angles.

Don't worry about characterization - while my own personal read of Riku's character would suggest that he'd be more... energetic in dealing with his new world, this characterization also works. You're dealing with someone who is tired and depressed, and thus looking back on his own experiences through a somewhat colored viewpoint. And yet, despite the dark and frankly angsty theme, you've managed to carry through the image of Riku as being both practical and young.

My hat is off to you. A well-written piece indeed.
FFFFsephychibi chapter 1 . 8/19/2004
Coolie! I love it, it was GREAT! hehe UPDATE SOON!