Reviews for A Cross and A Rifle
DraconiumX chapter 1 . 9/20/2004
Sorry this is anonymous, but I have a login name on , not

Anyways...

You have really done your research on ammunition and weapons. Sounds just like a 'real' space marine. Very interesting story and view on the oh-so-excellent Doom games. Try reading the 4 novel series written by Daffydd ab Hugh and Brad Linaweaver. Not excellent, but definitely worth the read if you love the game.

So keep up the good work.

:-)

~ DraconiumX
Izumi Ryu chapter 2 . 8/24/2004
Another great day in the infantry indeed. Did a good job with the main character's point of view, and showing that despite being soldiers that the characters were still human in their reactions. Also, the soldiers not knowing what to do with the situation proves that they have their limits. A lot of authors make the mistake of making characters that would immediately know what to do and such, or seem too perfect in general.

It's too early to judge on the general plot at the moment. I will wait out on the next few chapters to make my verdict there.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
The beginning is promising, but I think it'd be much better if you introduce everything and everyone directly around you as you start. It certainly looks too short.
Obsidian13 chapter 1 . 8/20/2004
Sounds like an interesting tail, hopefully the beginning to a promising story.