Reviews for Save Point: Hell Is Repetition
Elaine chapter 1 . 10/3
11 years later and this is still my favorite fanfic of all time. In fact, it's one of my favorite *stories* of all time... it's a brilliant exploration of the concept of "saving" in the narrative of video games, in the narrative of a horror game, and you told it perfectly. Thank you so much for writing it!
My mind now screams cuz I've read this twelve times and i cant stop crying.
littylollypop chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
Woah this is really bone chilling and brilliant, realy it gave me chills. It is well written and a very good psychological, scary one shot, well done. Keep up the good work.

iheartmwpp chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
...Oddly, all I can think of now is the first Kingdom Hearts. There was one point in my first playthrough where Sora had to fight Riku, and Riku ended up killing him like eight times in a row. Imagine if sweet, innocent little Sora ended up experiencing the same thing that James just did. This is why, in any kind of game where you need to level up, I level up like crazy before taking anything on. And suddenly that resolve just grew leaps and bounds, as does the desire to look through walkthroughs to make sure my characters DON'T die, because no one deserves this fate. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have nightmares now.
Lunatique-Sakura is DEAD chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
This is beautiful 3
waterintheforest chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Oh, wow. This is quite brilliant. The implications of the save points in the game were a little freaky just because James acknowledged and described them, but I'd never really thought about them before.

It's an old story so I don't know if you're still active, but I love this!
Aronim chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
This is a very nice little piece and captures a very fitting sense of futility and being powerless. The repetition of horrible events, even as the events and meaning change slightly is very fitting for a Silent Hill story. Nice work.
shadynaiad chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Oh my gosh. This is genius.
Pigloo chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
I read this years ago and I still love it. Nice job, yo.
Karg42 chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Okay, yeah. That isn't completely brain-screwy at all. Way to turn Save Points into Eldritch Abominations. I almost feel bad for getting James killed so often. If the same applies for Henry, then I do feel terrible; I always kinda wanted James to suffer, but Henry was a genuinely good guy. So, yay for roasting James's brain, and hopefully Harry's personal Hell was less insane.
Sora Kuraiika chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
What kind of twisted person are you that you would turn dying and restarting the game into something this demented?

I love it! :D
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Incredibly horrific. Terrific work!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
This is what happens when you let a 5-year old play Silent Hill 2.

Kickass fanfic.
Naniris chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Whoa! This was too good. I loved and favored it. Found it through a long twisted search and glad I did.

The repetition at the end had a childlike rhyme and rhythm to it that added to the creepy. I am honestly freaked out.
bleeep chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
*sighh* Gotta love those red sqaures 3 but geez, finding them in a dingy place is hard...