Reviews for Requiem for a Rat
Riot On An Empty Street chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
So sweeeeeeeett, it's so refreshing to read stories where people don't write Peter to be a monster or whatever. He is one hell of an interesting character, and I loved reading this.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Yeah this fic, I really wish we got more in canon about this, like, for 12 years, that was the family pet!

...and I used to wonder why Peter was so stupid to hide as a rat when he could have just went aboard. Well, I reread Book 3, when Sirius said he felt better when he was a dog, life was simpler, it made sense! Peter LIKED being a rat, if he was a rat he didn't have to think about his lost friends, himself as a traitor, and as a rat he was cared for and wasn't expected to be braver than he could.
kopycat101 chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
I love the bonding they do over talking about the good ol' times with Scabbers. It shows that Percy really DOES care, sometimes. uwu
sammyfish chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Very sweet. And nice to see some family bonding, especially involving Percy :)
deleted2012 chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
This was so cute! I definitely feel the brotherly love between Percy and Ron, and Ginny's role in this is very interesting as well. She was hardly there in POA was she? I liked it, especially since I think your portrayal of Percy is very "In Character". He's rational, sensible, and intelligent here. Wasn't that his personality? :)
Amethyst Beloved chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Go Gen, go! Now that I'm out of lurkdom, I make a great cheerleader, if I do say so myself. To think that when I first discovered fanfic I set the search immediately on Romance and then I went hunting for stories. Thank goodness I've broaden my horizons. This is a wonderfully captured Weasely missing moment. The Percy/Ginnt interaction in the beginning was too funny, and I liked the way you showed signs of Ginny getting over Harry. As for the brothers, it's nice to see them reminiscing about old times before Ron learns the truth about his so called pet.
Penny chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
I like how you portrayed Ron and Percy here with their bonding over Scabbers. (Too bad he turned out to be Peter Pettigrew.)

I always liked Percy and I think he was a caring brother that just let his ambition get the best of him. Ginny was portrayed well here too. I like to think that she was only quiet around Harry at that time. Teasing and laughing between all Weasley's involved seemed true to character.
Dodger Gilmore chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
A very nice story. Good moment between the brothers. I especially love your Ron. Very well-written.
JaceDamian23 chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
aww how cute. i loved this part the best

"I know. Mum was sure he'd bite you or Ginny when you were crawling around, but once when you were four you grabbed him by the tail and picked him up that way. He squeaked horridly, but he didn't bite you."

"I got my hand slapped, though," Ron said. "That, I remember. 'Ronald Bilius Weasley, we do not treat pets like that!'"

"Well, once he was in the family... you know Mum."

"Yeah."

"You cried when she told you that you'd hurt Scabbers, and you just held on to him and petted him, and kept saying you were sorry. He finally fell asleep on your lap. I was actually jealous."

"You were?"

"Well, he was my pet at the time. And from then until I left for Hogwarts, he always spent more time with you. Utterly unfair, you know."

"He liked Ginny, too. She always gave him her sprouts when Mum wasn't looking."

"And you always gave him your beets. And I generally gave him carrots. We overfed him quite healthfully."

"It's probably why he lived so long. He ate all of our vegetables."

"And quite a lot of everything else we had," Percy said.

"Yeah... Mum said she was sure he was raiding the pantry at night."

Percy smiled. "That would have been Bill and Charlie."

"Or the ghoul."

"Or Dad's gnomes."
ChelleC chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
I found this to be a nice glimpse into Ron and Percy's relationship before Percy became a prat. Quite poignant in light of what happens in the future. I enjoyed reading it!
Hot Ice2 chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
I liked this story a lot... I think Percy's only been getting bad raps lately and we need to remember he's a person and not practically a villan or something... Nice job!
WhynnyFille chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
I love how you keep to canon! I've read so many fics where everyone treats Percy horribly even though he hasn't betrayed the family yet, and there's no real reason to hate him at the moment - this story (along with all of yours) is a breath of fresh air! Great job, and keep writing these wonderful fanfics!
citysnidget chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
good. i really like your Percy here.
Cat Feral chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
This is sweet. A lot more sympathetic portrayal of Percy than I've seen in a while. I really like your writing!
Wendy Clear chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
I still have faith in Percy. This just strenghtened it. :B

Good writing. I loved it.