Reviews for How to Tell the Truth from the Lies
Svenion chapter 29 . 1/7
Why wouldn't he just apparate away? Lead them into the forest and let the spiders take care of it?
Svenion chapter 23 . 1/7
So. Many. Chapters. So. Little. Development. I LOVE the premise, just seems like there's way too much internal dialogue.
Svenion chapter 9 . 1/6
Are you still writing? And does this story ever go anywhere? After the first dream/vision, you could have skipped to the vampire, then to Luna, then her sending the locket.
BlueAbstract chapter 1 . 8/23/2015
***WARNING! SPOILERS IN REVIEW!***

I'll be honest and say it's tough to read. Your grammar and spelling is fine and I can only think of one or two errors on that front.
The problem is that you are overly vague sometimes in what I perceive to be trying to preserve the 'mystery' surrounding a character. For example, the hogs head scene where the vampire gives the dagger to Godric. You could have just introduced him there (briefly), like his name, or that he's a vampire, or both before further expanding on his character in the next chapter so that it wouldn't be so confusing for the audience.
However having not only Godric as an 'unknown' for part of the chapter, along with the vampire AND another unknown character (that isn't revisited for a while and then has literally no point in existing in the first place) makes it 3 unknown characters that are all referred to as "him", "the [unknown] man" (and other variations of that) in one scene. Not fun to read through.

Another thing I have a problem with is the fact that all of a sudden harry is salazar so now lots of main/well known characters in the HP universe are reincarnations of people from centuries ago. Come on, I know this is fanfiction but I won't read that. Your fic relies on reincarnation/rebirth so not only have these people lived numerous lives since then, they can litterally rebirth anywhere, anytime as anyone. So all of them being alive, several being the same age AND all still being together as a group doesn't make any sense. Also even if the above did happened naturally, you can't retain memories when reincarnating. If you did that means that even the founders aren't really 'the founders' but simply reincarnations of four powerful beings that apparently like to reincarnate together.

Sadly I'll be leaving this fic behind because I really did like the idea behind this but there was just too many things that bugged me to continue.
FateOfChaos chapter 31 . 8/9/2015
This story is simply amazing. I should have been asleep hours ago, but once I found this little gem, I couldn't stop reading! Thank you so much for writing a story such as this! It is truly amazing! One of the best I've read in a while!
hwyla chapter 31 . 5/25/2015
Thank you for a very entertaining and well written story! And so, Albus meets his father Harry.
hwyla chapter 29 . 5/25/2015
Extremely well done action scenes! Very nerve-wracking.
hwyla chapter 24 . 5/24/2015
And now I know why I couldn't decide whether Minerva/Sev or Hermione/Draco were the Ravenclaws. They all are. And having Hermione/Draco as the twins explains so much. As for Neville - he always had too much power in canon as well. Hence all the explosions and Snape's 'matchbox' comment during the dueling club in 2nd year. Molly is PERFECT for Helga! Not quite as sure about Fiona/Sybil and Amia/Ginny, but I'm sure I'll see soon.
hwyla chapter 18 . 5/24/2015
I thank you for the author's note that let's us know Fiona succeeded in curing Amia. I suppose however that Amia never remembered fear research.

I love the relationship you having beginning between Harry and Luna. Truthfully, I was vastly disappointed when nothing of the sort happened in canon. I, too, really thought that the end of Bk5 would be the beginning for them.

I'm torn wondering Rowena/Quinn. Since there IS a slytherin as a returned founder, I tend to think it is either Hermione/Draco (without the soulmate bit since she's with Bill) since she feels he's familar or possibly hinted at by several clues of Minerva/Severus. I can hardly wait to find out.
hwyla chapter 9 . 5/24/2015
I just KNEW Godric was behind the 'wasting' of Amia. I presume that her research was actually used against her to Goodrich's betterment. And it seems perhaps that he's the forefather of Lockhart and obliviates. I could be wrong there about an exact relation, but it FEELS like 'strutting' Lockhart.

I presume from the Gate's apparent 'gleaming' that it is happy and fine with being split in two. Presumably it is in no way 'broken'. It reminds me a bit of a pair on necklaces I had with a boyfriend in my youth. When we parted for college, we each had a chain with half a heart, with the two fitting together and the other's name on it. I about wore his engraved name off with my rubbing it over the next two years.

I'm worried about Ron. His jealousy is just so similar to Godric, altho' IF it turns out Hermione has a founder, she's more likely connected to Rowena, but I wonder if that's who is with Bella. And Sibhoan is already with Luna. Perhaps Bella is with Helga... Wait and See... Wait and See.
hwyla chapter 8 . 5/24/2015
You really have a wonderful gift for writing. Not only do you draw in the reader, but the words used for it are quite apt and descriptive! You've drawn a great picture of Soli and Sal and their relationship in just a few paragraphs.

You've really shown us Bella in a mere few, as well. I wonder who is 'with' her? I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. And how interesting that Salazar had dreams of Harry.
hwyla chapter 4 . 5/24/2015
A HOUSE-ELF! That makes so much sense for his invisible watcher.

I'm quite enjoying this story so far - only found it because of your current one. I really like the way you are easing us (and Harry) into Salazar's memories. And the way you are revealing the lives of the founders bit-by-bit. I am anxious to find out if Voldy's 'dream' and headaches are about Godric. Fortunately, this is a completed story so I merely need to keep hitting the 'next' button!
NightHunterDeath chapter 6 . 5/12/2015
...it was Luna, wasn't it! So is this like a reincarnation!HarryxLuna pairing? That is awesome if it is.
A Reader chapter 21 . 4/24/2015
I've enjoyed this story so far and it's kept me hooked for this long, but just a little criticism: When you're making a reincarnated character, the person they were before has to be similar to the person they are now. You obviously tried to make Salazar good and like Harry, but as soon as the change happens it's so abrupt that it feels like it's Salazar and not Harry anymore. I think a little more time of adjusting to the change would be better than just poof. Also, I don't like what you did with Luna, because you completely changed her character by removing the 'strangeness', which, I should mention, was one of the reasons she and Harry were such good friends. (Harry looked past it.) I think to make her normal is not only a bit offensive but kind of rude.
Other than that, it's an original idea that takes the story nice places, but it needs a little more work. Of course, I haven't finished it yet, but I'm looking forward to see what you did with it.
Guest chapter 28 . 4/6/2015
Aerith has a chocolate frog card?