Reviews for A Marriage of Love
cheri1 chapter 2 . 8/11/2005
i love this so far! keep going :)
Lindaleriel chapter 2 . 5/10/2005
that was so wonderfuly sweet
LesMisLoony chapter 2 . 2/23/2005
Aw, how cute! I love this:

"Papa can't see me compose if you're kissing him!"

Adorable.

One tiny, tiny little tiny nitpick: I believe at one point Christine said she was "fixing to" do something. May I assume you, like I, are from the South? We-all talk that way, see, but them old-fashioned 18th century folk don't.

No, really, that last sentence is pretty much the way I speak - I'm from North Carolina, and proud of it!

This is a beautiful piece, and I just squeed when Raoul joined Christine's dance. I love that man...

Vive le vicomte!
The Argument Fairy chapter 2 . 10/17/2004
Celeste is wonderful! ("Mama! You've said your hellos long enough. Papa can't see me compose if you're kissing him! "She complained, scowling at her mother.) -Loved that bit most of all. I still adore your Christine and I'm glad to see this updated :).
Shandethe Sanders chapter 2 . 10/16/2004
I am so thrilled to see this updated. SO beautiful...I love the way you represent Christine. And YAY for Raoul! Kudos for giving him an actual occupation, one that is feasible. Go you!

And Celeste is adorable. I hope that Christine can find the courage to confide in Raoul. And I love that you show her as the compassionate, caring woman that she was in Leroux.
The New Marguerite chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
Oh. I'm so glad that I finally got around to reading this. How beautiful, your word choice is excellent, and the story itself is lovely. I adore this! Thank you so, so, so much.
Elyse3 chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
*squeals happily* How adorable! I love your Christine, and her conversation with her daughter.

Fantastic fic. Vive Project Vicomte!
Lady Death chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
Aww! Just... aw!

I'm too incoherent with giddy R/C fluffyness to leave much of an intelligible review, but this was wonderful. I've always thought Christine and Raoul would make wonderful parents. Hope you find the inspiration to continue this...
MungoTeazer chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
BEAUTIFUL! Adorable adorable adorable!

"Celeste was bold and brave, even for a small child. It seemed in a large way, that she was Raoul's daughter, through and through."

(favorite sentance)

Yay for Raoul/Christine!
jtbwriter chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
This is a good tale, I can mentally picture Christine trying to teach her daughter, and the

imagery of the butterfly-that really works!

Thanks for a good read!
Phantom Aria chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
Very cute story. I loved Christine as a mother. Thanks for making me smile.
Shandethe Sanders chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
All together now...AW!

This was so beautiful. Whether this is just a vignette, or if you add more, I loved it. I loved Celeste, and the fact that Christine had multiple kids actually FATHERED by Raoul! You have no idea how happy that makes me!

And the conversation Christine had with her daughter was lovely, too. Very symbolic, and pretty much how I feel about the whole Erik and Christine situation. I also loved your assessment of Erik's character...and Christine's, also. She wasn't some airhead who went wherever she was told. She was a thinking, feeling woman, who could find compassion for those who had wronged her.

There are some basic grammatical errors, so you may want to be careful of that.

*checks off all boxes under reviewing box*

-Meg
The Argument Fairy chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
Oh! It's so very touching. Very human, and I like your take on the relationships. I especially like Christine-as-mother here, when she is thinking of the bond between mother and child.