Reviews for Penance
Adaptorex chapter 1 . 9/6
Bernard Shaw once said "every literature (book) worth being re-read has been written by the spirit". And this is written by the spirit.
Anna chapter 1 . 7/24
I LOVED IT!
Omg I absolutely cannot tell you how much I loved this fic. Ik that I'm really late for this story, but this brought out all the right emotions and really twisted my heart several times. I'm not really a fan of Snape, but this characterization makes sense in this scenario. Thank you so much for writing this lovely piece!
Yes... amazing... ( * speechless * )
Mee chapter 1 . 3/27/2019
This is really really great !
HakMalfoy chapter 1 . 10/21/2018
wow. Absolutely amazing. This is the most amazing fan fiction I have ever seen in my life. excellent work!
quadjot chapter 1 . 5/9/2016
I love seeing different takes on the ferret incident and I seriously love familial Draco/Snape stories.
Ani Mei chapter 1 . 5/17/2015
This is touching. The foreshadowing is done well and twists the heart a bit.
The ferret incident has always been funny when recounted in canon or in fics, but I never thought about it from this perspective. Even if Draco wasn't abused at home, it is quite humiliating and he would have gotten injured to this degree. Thank you for broadening my paradigm.
BeyondMyReach chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
Aw. Love how you showed another side of the characters.
BeautifulDesertFoxglove chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
Aww, how sweet. I love it when the snakes get all protective of each other.
TeamJemTeamMalec chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Wow. This is really sweet, and really powerful. Also, it fits in with canon, which most authors, in their enthusiasm, tend to lose. It is beautifully written, and the descriptions are perfect. Definitely one of the best I have ever written, calling the other side to the amusing story about the flying ferret. Suddenly, that scene isn't really all that funny to me anymore. Very well, done. Thank you for writing it.

Also, was the last line by any chance influenced by the movie "The Core?" A man has the weight of saving the world put onto his shoulders, and finds that he cannot bear it. Instead, he resolves to save not all of them, but just three of them. This is similar, and the similarity to one of my favorite movies of all time (I highly recommend it, if you have not seen it already) gave it just that much more meaning. Once again, this is beautiful.

- Catherine
foreverkneeld chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
All the poor boys. All the poor, poor boys who had to grow up so too fast. My heart, it hurts for them.
riverrat chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
That was a great one-shot. Everybody was very much in character. A very enjoyable read.
SafaiaFureia chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
That was a wonderful bit of work! Very believable behaviour from both Draco and Snape. Entertaining work with Moody. I always DID like the ferret scene, but, this brings it into a new light. Nicely done.
ForeverRainingFire chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Very nice story! Well written and extremely poignant. I really enjoyed it!