Reviews for James' Duel
Loves to read books chapter 8 . 7/1/2012
update please :)
neoaltoid chapter 8 . 12/22/2008
From your comments, I gather you're currently a college student (on the other side of the pond, if I had to guess). Well, it shows. Your writing is actively good (as opposed to "not bad"), and has its own style. I love reading fics in which the author is not afraid to crack out the word-hoard (to modernize Beowulf), and have a little bit of fun (while maintaining prim and proper spelling and grammar-to be frank I think that the only errors I've seen are stylistic, where there's a "better" word, though the given one fits.).

With all honesty, the first five chapters, right up until "it all comes flooding back" are among the highest level written pieces I've seen. Well planned out, interesting construction. I felt that the concept is handled well.

In other news, I'm interested in where this is going. The words "Sure of the plot" reassure me a lot. There are a few minor issues-I think that you don't deal with Ron and Hermione as well as you deal with everyone else. And I've yet to see someone nail their rendition of Dumbledore. But the strong points outweigh the weak ones by far.

So there. I've given you your damned review, now, write some more!
Joe King my penname chapter 7 . 3/5/2008
I, for one, like this story a lot. I don't really care about when in the series it is placed, so I'm no help there.

By they way...I hope you update. Like...sometime fairly soon.
Nooka chapter 8 . 10/19/2006
It's been a while since I've read one of these and I can't wait to find out what happens next! I wanna know how Harry will react to seeing James in the flesh...also, have you got Sirius alive? Please say you have!
cHoCoLaTe-cHiHuAhUa chapter 8 . 8/19/2006
awesome story so far! write on! please? and soon?
abababab chapter 7 . 8/17/2006
amazing...update
Glamrockprincess chapter 7 . 5/6/2006
do you feel loved? i reveiwed yay! love it update soon, K!
sugarbob chapter 7 . 3/3/2006
This is pretty interesting stuff, man. I like it. As for when you want this to be placed, I'd go with after fifth year with Sirius alive and innocent, or maybe after fourth year with Sirius still alive and then proven innocent by James. But those are just because I love Sirius. Do something with Sirius, please, seeing as everyone loves him, me being everyone. :D update soon!
evizyt chapter 6 . 12/5/2005
AW! COME ON! UPDATEUPDATEUPDATE! THIS IS AMAZING!
Violet Spark chapter 6 . 8/24/2005
Oh, fantastic! I can't wait for the next update.

~Vi
m-girls chapter 6 . 6/4/2005
good! james should go to hogwarts, and maybe teach there for DADA without harry knowing... it would allow james to get to know harry. whatever you do, im sure itll be great! update soon!
Crowded Mind chapter 6 . 5/11/2005
A very interesting, and origional idea as to why james coukd be alive. I love it! :) i really hope you continue it soon!
Sirius Black155 chapter 6 . 4/10/2005
Really good.
The One Eyed Witch chapter 6 . 4/6/2005
That was a great chapter, but it took a while. I was almost afraid that you've given up writing.
DawnRising chapter 6 . 4/5/2005
Cool! I was wondering when you'd get the next chapter out, It feels like I've been waiting forever. Anyway, just one question. When James did his catchup reasearch, if he learned about Sirius, then wouldn't he have learned about Harry too? You'd think a father would notice if his son appears in the news. Ah well, Good job anyway.

~DR