Reviews for Standard Deviations
SmallInsect chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
You do a great job of this particular pairing, Chaos, and you seem to speak really well through Tristan. His father's coming across as a serious jerk, and his mother doesn't seem to be of much help, though she's obviously trying... sounds like the kind of situation a lot of people might get themsleves in.

When you look at it, Tristan and Duke always seem to end up as part of the scenery anyway don't they. (I barely knew what the point was in giving Duke a starring role in Battle City anyway!)
Anvanimaserke chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Dude, I am SO adding this to my fav list *adds* You SO have to update this! You... you are gunna continue it right? God I hope so... Damn it, its just so... so emotinal! You NEVER see fics that outline the conflict being gay can cause! And being gay, I know about the conflict alot -_-

And your wording... the way you weave everything together for such a clear mental image, and you portray such strong emotions... I could FEEL what Honda was feeling... Dude, you are an AMAZING writter! PLEASE say this will be continued! Could you e-mail me? Tell me if your gunna continue?

(hugs you)

Anvanimaserke
Taskemus chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
You know what? I've read this, too. And it's one of the best Honda/Otogi fics I've ever read, even though there isn't much interaction between them.

This story makes me feel really bad for Honda. It wasn't even his fault and his parents are strangling him over something that doesn't even concern them. Also I love how you wrote Honda's feelings for Otogi - I've never thought about it that way.

What is really awesome about this is how it tells the story sort of backwards, and through dialogue, without really clueing the reader in. If this fic had just been about what happened between Honda and Otogi, it wouldn't have been as dramatic... I really like your style of writing. Keep up the good work!
Lethe Seraph chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
Super-awesome.

What will happen next? You left me very curious. I enjoy reading your stuff - the style is nice. Intriguing. And it's Tristan! You just have to love him, right?

Good job. I thumb you up.

...I mean, give you a thumbs up. Two, in fact.
KB Twilight chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
Oh Oh Oh Oh... please continue this! It's so good and very well written.
Mhna chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
ALRIGHT FALSECHAOS!

*gives a violent tackle!*

I was beginning to miss your writing! Where ya been? I like this story! MORE! :DX
Kaira-chan chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
Honda in the summary and Tristan in the fic? Not sure if it's intentional or not but...

Thank you for writing a coming out of the closet fic. They're extremely hard to pull off. It seemed very ... I don't know. But it is usually the father who tends to get extremely mad at this sort of thing, and the mother who tries to keep it under control. I rather liked how she acted like she was accepting it when she really wasn'tish.

I would like to see how this progresses turns out. Insight to Duke, so on and so forth.
Bardicsidhe chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
Thank you for uploading this story. *grin* It gave me another excuse to go back and read it again.

I just love your eye for detail. You present some really strong visuals throughout the entire chapter - little bits of 'noninformation' like the color of Tristan's mother's fingernails, or the quiver and roar of the car motor reflecting his father's anger. But that's one of the great things about your work - there's something new to find with every read, and as always, you tell the story with total clarity.
yeaka chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
_ awesome ficcie, i can't wait for more. the writing is excellent, and tristan's little problem was dealt with very well. it all fit and flowed very nicely. _ please update soon!
Ambivalence chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
This is a great start! The love the emotional aspect - How confused Honda is over his feelings, and the conflict with his parents. Very believable. I can't wait to see how you continue this!
K-Cee chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
Loved the attention to details. You portrayed the tension very well, and the story flows very nicely - not to mention that the tale is very believable, too. Excellent job. I hope to read more from you on this story!
A Splash of Sunshine chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
YES! I love TristanXDuke pairings This seems like a good one! Keep up the good work!
Killian chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
ouch harsh parents...jeez poor Tristan. update!