Reviews for All Screwed Up
Seymour's Girl chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Oh my god!
Basement Cat89 chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Very interesting story, and very well written as well. There are so many high school fics out there, and most of them are written in chatboard slang and focus on the hormonal aspect of teenagehood.

I don't completely agree on your views on bashing though... When done moderately and in a satirical way, it can be therapeutic.

Great story. Keep writing.
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
What else can I say, other that I totally agree with you? You're one hundred percent right about all these idiotic, cheesy high-school fics with clichéd, shallow characterization. I really, /really/ hate them, and unfortunately, they make up at least one third of this fandom. I think they're so popular, because many kids these days – especially preteens – love to identify themselves with Yuna, Rikku, Tidus, etc. And they also love to bash Seymour, because he's OMFG, A WEIRDO! and doesn't fit their happy, little picture... so they turn him into a ridiculous, smelly fag, whose only purpose is to stalk Yuna, or become Tidus' punchbag... -_-

...But back to the fic at hand: needless to say, I loved Seymour's characterization in this. Your interpretation doesn't necessary match mine (if it were my story, I would've made the boy withdrawn, silent rather than swearing), but I really liked your angry, aggressive, self-cutting version of Seymour. Yeah, it makes perfect sense that he fights Jyscal, doesn't give a damn about his grades, cares more about stray cats than about his relationships with humans. [Oh, if I remember correctly – you /are/ a cat-lover, right? That explains the part about the cats, heh. :D] Well, that's exactly how Seymour could act in a non-cheesy, /well-written/ high-school fic... if well-written high-school fics about him (other than yours) existed. *sigh*

In terms of writing style, this story is really good. You didn't treat your readers to a piece of cheap, terribly overdone angst; didn't write what a [sarcasm mode on] por, tragic character Seymour was, but simply showed us his bad side – and mentioned, only once, that he had used to be an entirely different person before his mother died. Meaning, you portrayed him as a (fairly complex) bad guy, but still pointed out that he was worthy of our sympathy. I could really feel all that anger, self-hatred and suffering bottled up inside. Whoa. Hands down.

Btw, I also liked your ambivalent Jyscal in this. Most Seymour fangirls portray him as a complete bastard, and I'm also guilty of this crime (it gives me a headache, just thinking about it. -_-) You, on the other hand, made him push his son down the stairs – and feel guilty afterwards. Just like a real father would.

Now, last but not least, sorry for taking /ages/ to review this fic. But it's just as they say: better late than never, huh? :P I think I'll add this piece to my Seymour C2. It deserves all the attention it can get. :]
Faithless Shadow chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
How do you write Seymour so well? I wish I could write him half as angrily and sadly and wonderfully as you do. You have inspired me. Please write more.
GiGgLyGaL chapter 1 . 3/4/2005
this is really good. I'm actually feeling sympathetic towards Seymour...did I just say that? Me and Seymour have issues o_o... I like the way you describe Seymour, angsty and not happy...seems Seymour-ish to me. But I am a Seymour-basher, after all. You are right, it's dumb to bash, but its always so tempting. I bash too many people o_o...I'm overusing that face...

Well, congradulations in making me feel bad for Seymour. Normally I want to kill him.

GG
Lollipop Mimilove chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
This is really good. I love the way you've written it-not with scenes or dialogue, like a conventional story. But all the other stories I've seen written that way have been in first person-streams of conciousness(sp?)-and this isn't like that. I find that style of writing very original. Well done!
greengirlblue chapter 1 . 1/11/2005
I'm not generally into the not-a-happy-ending stories because somewhere in the middle, they end up sounding melodramatic. Kudos to you for not only avoiding needless drama, but also for writing a strong story. There were parts where Seymour's anger and fatalism really punch their way through the words.

I also like that you didn't try to get the reader to feel sorry for Seymour. You start out the story by listing all of Seymour's bad tendencies, and though there are dots of something kind and fragile shining through, the reader gets the sense tha Seymour doesn't have any hope for himself, and neither does anyone else. In short: stunning and poignant.
pen name redacted chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
Wow. I came here expecting the worst (I'm not too keen on highschool fics either) but this is actually quite good. I was surprised by your characterisation of Seymour- I mean, I never saw him as a goth, or somebody who'd like stray cats (more the type of person who'd set fire to stray cats), but I guess it's all a matter of interpretation. Overall, bloody good job, mate. :P Keep at it!
Cymoril Avalon chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
Now that I've delved into the whole high school fanfic parody world, and know more about FFX, I can really appreciate this fic. I adore your writing, Silvie-chan. Write more about Seymour!
AshitoRikku chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
Wow,Seymour isn't one of our most favorite characters but he is pretty cool we have to admit. When we read this we just stared at the screen for a few minutes,o_o..awsome..
opheliathedreamer chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
Wonderful. Just plain...wonderful. Thank you for writing a Seymour fic about his anger that isn't complete trash. One that made my day, sad as it was, because it's about time there was something that showed the depth of the character...Even a high school fic. *bows* Beautiful.
maison de neener chapter 1 . 9/6/2004
Wow.

That was fucking *awesome.*

Okay, I'll admit it. I didn't like Seymour very much. But I always felt that he didn't deserve all the stuff everyone did to him. I felt sorry that so many people hated him.

I don't like high school fics either. They are all the same, mostly. It's very annoying. That is, of course, why I decided to write one! I wanted to see exactly how creative I could get with an overused, cliched, and stupid idea. It's a bit fun, actually.

Overall, this was really good.

You do never see high school fics about Seymour. Maybe it's too hard, maybe they don't know how to include him.

Anyway, this is slipping into my Favorite Stories page, because maybe in a few months I would like to go back and read it, and try to figure out why in the world in the beginning of the game I wanted to assassinate Seymour.

Keep writing; you truly have a gift for it.
Kybok chapter 1 . 8/31/2004
Wow... poor little guy... I've never "hated" him, persay. I didn't like him much because he was do darn hard to beat in all of the boss battles, but I thought that he had a well-developed personality and was a GREAT villain! Anyway, another question... Do you consider my Yami-S to be a eigth Mill. (darn... can't spell it right...) Item? Or just a muse? Anyway, good job with the story! Be seeing ya on OFUS!
Avelera chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
Ah, finally someone who at least makes an attemp at understanding Seymour! The first time I played the game he annoyed the hell out of me but as I got to learn some fo his backstory (gettin banished from Guadosalam, having her mother essentially committ suicide to give him power) I began to see him as a much more interesting character. I believe you do him justice in this fic.
Uni-Mara chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
*Thumbs up* Ah, Silvie-chan! Mucho elegante. ;; Guess I'm not much of an opinion because I don't follow FFX, but I really liked that. AUs are good for people who don't know the original story line. Anyway, *hugs* I wuvved it!